Conclusion Lund reno

Jigger

When I started this project, I aimed for the general Trout opener as the finish date. Well, I didn't put it in the water until about 3:30pm on Saturday, but got it done! Thats the Good.

Drowned lures until about 5pm looking for some lakers, to no avail. Water temps were hovering between 39-41F. The next day saw a drastic improvement in air temps and that helped elevate the water temps to 47F and climbing by the time I got off the water and had to head home. Although the water started warming up, aside from a couple of real lazy follows the action stayed the same. El Skunko for the weekend... could be maybe it was a week early? Ice was slow to go out, will try again next weekend. Thats The Bad...well there is one more Bad, but it goes under the ugly category.

Overall, the boat performed well. Before I did the reno, the boat got on plane in about 7 seconds. Now it takes roughly 8. In fact taking the weight and distributing it in the back as well as the front makes it feel much more stable. Some pics before The Ugly...

Picture304.jpg

Picture310.jpg

First time down the ramp this year...

Picture293.jpg

Dockside...

Picture296.jpg

Picture295.jpg

Like I said, the fish weren't biting so I wanted go for a spin and opened it up. Was going full out over 60fow when it happened...THUNK! The Ugly.

Picture312.jpg

Picture313.jpg

That WAS a new prop :wallbash: It must have been a partly submerged log, there was nothing on the surface...

Well I guess thats it. Thanks for taking the time to read, you guys gave good motivation!

See you on the water!

Thats to bad jigger...everything looked great ,and she looks ready to fish,well untill that log got in the way....sorry to hear that,if you dont repair the prop i have a brand new 15hp prop from a merc that will fit that mariner,take care hope you get her all fixed up...cheers

I have been following your posts as well... have you ever done a nice job. Then as I am scrolling down through the pictures I get to the one with the prop... and go ouch... that had to make your heart show up in your throat?

Enjoy all the effort you have put into that boat... and catch lots of fish...

Cheers

Jen

Thanks again folks!

Fishin'Devil, I'll be dropping you a line soon about that prop. Thanks for the offer.

Entropy, I had the run-in on Twelve Mile Lake. Pretty sure you know the lake.

Jen, I was totally in disbelief that I'd hit something. I literaly shouted "WHAT?!" In 60fow, couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. No ripples showing anything there. I even looked for whatever it was afterward but couldn't find anything. Oh well, no use cryin over spilt milk. Just have to deal with it now.

Everyone else, Thanks for the kind remarks. :Gonefishing:

Wow Jigger! I've really enjoyed seeing this project through all the stages. You've done an amazing job on it! Looks fantastic. I predict the skunk smell will be off this boat in no time. Sorry to hear about the prop though...that really is unfortunate.

Only one thing though...I saw only one seat...where's mine?? j/k LOL.

Seriously...you've done an awesome job...looks professionally done in my opinion!