Finally A chinny on the pin

misfish

First off,what a great morning to be on the river. Well it was, til this rude :asshat: thought it was ok to walk out in front of me where I was setting up. I said,what are you doing? He says,going to fish here. I say,you dont see me standing here? He says,theres room for both of us. I say,are you one of those rubes I hear tell about? What?. A few choice words and I start walking . Ignorant :asshat:

Anyways,on with my morning. I walked down to my next favorite hole,still pissed at this :asshat: I decide to give a large yok bead a go ,under the float. A few drifts in,and I get smacked. Set and this fish comes out head shaken. Rods bent to the point,I knew I had to back off on putting the boots to this one. I had talked to Spiel about the new rod handling a salmon earlier this month,and he told me as long as your not heavy on it,it will be fine. So this fish is pretty fresh,and full of spunk. If he wanted to run,I would let him. Knowing there was head shakes,I knew the hook was set in the yap,so the battle could be won.

About 10 minutes into the battle (may seem long to some,but this was my first with the pin)I was able to direct him to a gravel bank. Just when I thought I had him beached,off he went again :wallbash: . I,m saying to myself,OMG,come on. :devil: fish. :lol: Ok,lets just play this out for a bit more. Finally after about another five minutes,I was able to get him on the gravel bank again. I grabbed him by the tail,and pulled him out of the water.

My first salmon on the pin,and like I was told,it was going to be a wild ride.

001-16.jpg

The fall colors are starting as well. :thumbsup_anim:

003-17.jpg

Thanks for reading

First things first. Nice Fish man Congratulations!! :thumbsup_anim: on catching it on the pin, and yes i have come across a lot of ignorant people like that, just come in and for what ever reason start fishing beside you like there an alien and have just arrived...like the rest of the river doesn't hold fish...you did the right thing by walking away even though you could have reacted physically...i know the temptation!!! .....now for my ignorance ...

What does pin mean ? my assumption is a fly reel,

Troy ~

What does pin mean ? my assumption is a fly reel,

It is a free spool reel,that you control with your finger/thumb. Depends on your method.

It allows for long drifts.

I hope those that have more experince,can answer your question.

You should have flossed him.

Congrats on your first pin-chinny!

Back in the day Brian,it would of happen. Not worth it. I walked a good 5 miles down and back today. When I was done,I was the winner.

Thanks bud.