This still goes on????? CRAZY

misfish

Been over there to Pulaski about 4 times now but always midweek and later season for the bows. Yes, it's busy enough, but not as bad as that and I've seen nearly the same on the Ganny. You can find space if you're willing to walk or driftboat to it.

The plunking approach is a kinda messed up though.

No doubt, our side gets it just as bad.

I remember being warned about the rubes on the US side, but to be honest I find them to be much nice than the idiots we have to deal with. Seems like the snaggers on that side don't really realize what they are doing is wrong. Had a few conversations last year with the fly snaggers, they wanted to know why I was "running such a short lead".

I saw the lightbulb go on when I explained that running a 12 foot lead in a 5 foot whole was flossing....

No doubt, our side gets it just as bad.

I remember being warned about the rubes on the US side, but to be honest I find them to be much nice than the idiots we have to deal with. Seems like the snaggers on that side don't really realize what they are doing is wrong. Had a few conversations last year with the fly snaggers, they wanted to know why I was "running such a short lead".

I saw the lightbulb go on when I explained that running a 12 foot lead in a 5 foot whole was flossing....

Apologies for the iPhone spelling/grammar errors...

That video makes me sick, how can two civilized people come to a brawl over fishing. The fat guy who faught back is as much to blame as the guy who stated it. Shame.

Are you serious????

If some guy got in my face, and grabbed me like that... I'd have done the same thing.

Then he continued to splash water and egg the other guy on still.... he's lucky he didnt get filled in even more.

The first vid had me laughing. The second on had me in fits! The narrator is key there "And that was a mistake. The other guy looked like he was waiting for it and showed some decent technique..." all the while guys continue to fish. Classic. The music, again, is key.

The first vid had me laughing. The second on had me in fits! The narrator is key there "And that was a mistake. The other guy looked like he was waiting for it and showed some decent technique..." all the while guys continue to fish. Classic. The music, again, is key.

:lol:

That video makes me sick, how can two civilized people come to a brawl over fishing. The fat guy who faught back is as much to blame as the guy who stated it. Shame.

i agree that it's pathetic how some people can get worked up enough about fishing to make thing's physical, but the big guy whacking big mouth a few times was 100% justified. bigmouth was very lucky he only got cracked 3 times, some of us wouldn't have been so nice ;)

This kind of crap goes on everywhere, not just in New York.

So you have this kind of behaviour going on, dead gutted fish all over the riverbanks, garbage everywhere, plenty of guys riverside taking a leak in plain sight ........ and we wonder why the average person looks at ALL fishermen as a bunch of ignorant barbarians.

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

Craig, you are 100% correct.

i'm often embarrased to tell folks I work with (I'm in mississauga, very close to the credit) that I fish for salmon/trout.

they immediately assume I'm one of the idiots "fishing" the local river.

i just advise once the fish leave the lake, I fish for bass.

The little kid emulating daddy's best snaggin' drift in the first video is truly hilarious. Craig is correct, if you hang around Bronte long enough you will see equally outrageous "fishing" (don't need a rod boys, I've got a net.)

I was fishing the Whirlpool once and there were 3 guys there, me and two locals. I was to the far west of the 'pool they were over on the run where the float fishers hang and when I looked up they were pounding each other over crowding a spot. It was comical until you thought about the rocks, the current and, if injured, just how far up it is to get help. I talked to one of them later and he was totally unfazed about the whole thing. The Niagara region is different that's for sure.

Wow. One of the best things that I like about fishing is to get away from people. A mile away is too close for me.

totally, I'd rather go up north, away from everyone, and even catch nothing, rather than participate in that ugly scene

you're lucky to live where you do DanC, the GTA sucks

You STEELHEAD guys are all nuts.......you're looking for trouble......I only watched the first video and didn't see anything wrong....BTW, I doubt that's from this year....too much water....just had a friend come back from there and he said lots of fish, lots of fishermen but not much water.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2-ca0Oq3IMQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

great video, great production. the gentility/brutality split reminds me of a great canadian poem:

home-made beer

by al purdy

I was justly annoyed 10 years ago

in Vancouver: making beer in a crock

under the kitchen table when this

next-door youngster playing with my own

kid managed to sit down in it and

emerged with one end malted—

With excessive moderating I yodelled

at him

”Keep your ass out of my beer!”

and the little monster fled—