How Has Your Season Been ?

ttahhan

Share your season  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate your fishing season so far this year?

• Best Ever
    • Above Average
    • Average
    • Below Average
    • Caught Goby All Season

Hi All, was wondering how everyone's season's panning out.....

This year has been in contrast to all years before, In previous years my wife and i would head out to our waters

with little to no effort and been locked into fish. This year has been unproductive. Im not saying we didn't catch fish

though, saying the quantity wasn't there. Either we are not focused our have forgotten everything we have learned.

For us the bite wasn't there. Im sure the water levels contributed. In the beginning of our season which started

on the Trout Opener we were rewarded with some decent fish. On the Walleye and Bass Season,

We have done horribly biggest ,

Walleye 2.5lb Me My Wife 4.5lb

Smallmouth Bass 4.0lb Me My Wife 3.5lb

LargeMouth Bass ----- Me My Wife ----

Pike 30" Me My Wife ----

Muskie 40" Me My Wife 30"

Salmon 22lb Me My Wife ----

These were are biggest fish this year so far, We are excited that the fall is here, which decent fish start actively feeding,

From this day forward we are hoping each to lock into a 50" Muskie this would not only make it a great year for us, it would

be our personal bests.....Tight lines and hoping to say Fish On !

Edited by Topwater Strikes

The more I think about it, the more I would say that this has been my best season yet. Had my first truly successful fly fishing season with good catches of brook and brown trout, my first hard and soft water inland rainbow, my first 50" + musky, and a few really excellent walleye trips.

I'd say average. Tons of great outings, my first taste of lakers, but the defining moment of this season for me? A two hour fishing period where I landed 7 walleye 30" or greater, and another 3 26"-27". I've never had so much fun fishing.

All in all though, very normal year. I did learn alot though, and just like every year past, became a better angler. And so did my children thumbsup_anim.gif

I should add the best time of the season is at my doorstep, so alot of things can possibly change

Edited by manitoubass2

Last season i made a promise to myself, to fish fewer days, but to take the time to fish new water and meet and fish with new people.I did both this summer.I found new and better local waters to fish, and thanks to a local facebook group, Montreal Fishing, i met some incredible local anglers and have fished with many of them.

This year i would rate as above average, even though we had a class 2 drougt this summer.

Terrible ,for me, 2012 will go down as the worse season ever........... :wallbash:

First & Last time my boat was on the water is May 19th.

(21 Walleye and countless Rock Bass, Tomiko)

..... last time I was fishing(*not work related)... Father's Day.

(did awesome 44 Walleye and 3x 30"+ Pike, Nipissing)

*not work related

I work for Community Living, I bring my members fishing twice a week for 3 hours, it's not like I don't spend time fishing,I don't wet my own line, but... I help my members catch fish , mostly Panfish and the odd Smallie or Pike with the occasional Walleye... ( can't post pics , privacy policy)..

For my family and myself ...Hmmmm .. looks like I might get out on Sunday .... but definitely hauling the Camper and the Boat to Nepewassi for Thanksgiving.. I'm after that 50'+ we missed last year. :clapping:

Randy

:canadian:

Choosing to stand up, and alone, against a few controlling fishing bullies I've taken some personal beatings this year... Put alot of thought, time and heart into supporting a friend and fishing partner through cancer too... But otherwise, winter was short yet good fishing, spring was great, summer has been excellent, and the future now holds even better possibilities to fish abroad, alongside Brenda more, and hopefully with other friends who keep it real. It's taken just 3 years since moving home to "The Valley," but Bren and I are pretty sure we've landed on solid ground now. Without a lifetime of fishing the area as well, the opportunities and learning I have had for fishing in all seasons here, I feel I can take some pride in. We're all quite lucky as anglers to live pretty much anywhere in Ontario, because the experiences to be had seem endless.

It's funny this question came up, because while fishing today it was on the mind. Today's outing on the water though... tough go on the smallies, only a few and called it early.

This was my first year really getting into the sport, I've always loved to fish but had never put in a lot of time. This year I caught my first steelhead, bonefish,snapper, blue runner,white sucker, crappie, pike, walleye, gobie, jumbo perch, chain pickerel, channel cat and first carp! And I have new pbs for LMB, SMB, rock bass, brown trout, brook trout and striped bass! Best year ever for me, and I have a feeling it will just get better next year! :thumbsup_anim:

The fact that fall is here buoys the spirit knowing the fatfish will start showing up. I look forward to the Thanksgiving- ice up period every year. Whatever happens before that goes out the window. That being said, this summer was fairly slow for me in terms of getting out on the water and, as a result, not really getting a grip on patterns the fish were on. Again, none of that will matter shortly.

My season started with Crappie in May when I returned to Ontario.

I found that I had missed the prime bite because of the mild winter and early Spring.

The water was very low everywhere up here, so when Pike opened in the lake I like, we were at August levels...I did well opening weekend, but then the weather got hot and the pike disappeared from the shallows.

Low water and early spring aside, Bass season started really well. Unfortunately I tripped jumping out of my pick-up's box and tore up my ACL on July first. That cost me all of July and I am still recovering.

Through August and September my fishing has been very sporadic. Low water has made passable spots impassable and normally good spots barren. We all know that the fish are always there...What I'm saying is every trip requires finding their new low water spots.

I hope to rescue the balance of the season when I get down south. We have a new fishing friend next door, and hope to spend many warm days fishing with her this Fall. I have some rods to build, when it gets cool down there, then in the Spring, we can look at the pre-spawn and spawn before I return home.

Garry2R's

awesome year for me. awesome start to the softwater season an excellent month or so on simcoe for jumbos. landed two 15 inchers that were fat as hell. next up was an amazing month out on the kawarthas for walleye with a few days with close to 100 walleye landed in the days outing.

then went to lady evelyn and had a terrific week up there smashing the walleye and pike.

muskie has been pretty hot for me this year with a 55 incher and a 49.5 incher. countless 30-40 inch fish and many over 40 inches.

salmon was incredible. first year with downriggers on my new boat and managed some awesome days out on the big lake. a few close ones for the derby as well.

next up is quinte walleye, some more simcoe jumbos and some awesome muskie fishing! cant wait.