thinking of painting grandma

kickingfrog

Try that colour first before you paint... ya never know!

x2.

I got a crazy colour of spoon for Lake Ontario suggested a few years ago and bought it. Sat in my spoon tray till this summer, wonder why I waited so long. It out produced every other colour of spoon I put out there. Went on the hunt for more of them and found them in one store and cleared them out. :)

If painting, I'd go with a perch or walleye pattern. Silver and black combo sounds good as well.

Like others I had my doubts when I opened this post - wondered if a typo or a few words were missing (painting grandma's house, portrait, car etc.)

Use 'em before ya paint 'em!

You might be saving yourself a bit of effort when you find they work best as they are, and you can always paint later if they don't.

Michael

I had always thought that lures were painted a certain color or design because they were tested and worked in certain conditions.

You just have to find the right conditions I would think.

Short of making your own or getting a blank ,than painting it. Give it a try first as recommended.:D

I had always thought that lures were painted a certain color or design because they were tested and worked in certain conditions.

You just have to find the right conditions I would think.

Short of making your own or getting a blank ,than painting it. Give it a try first as recommended.:D

Yeah, but "worked" for manufacturers means that it was removed from the shelf and carried to the cash register :whistling: