Glass = badly cut dog

Rustic-Fisher

Thanks to the idiots that were shooting beer bottles in the simcoe forest I've got a dog ( whom lives and breaths bird hunting) that will miss half the season with a severely severed front foot. A week in a half before openner ughhhhhhhh.

That's my rant, sorry guys. Careful with your dogs out there.

R

I hope he didn't split the pad too bad. My dog split his pad real bad one time, I don't really know how, but it took almost six months, two re-stitchings before he could go in the water again. He missed a whole summer. He was real trooper though, put up with a fully bandaged and socked paw the whole time, never pulled at it once.

That really sucks about your dogs foot , I never liked bottles . They shoulda stopped making them years and years ago .

Can you say union ?

Thats why cans cost more than bottles , and probably why beer bottles still exist .

It would be an interesting fact to know , how many people , in the last 50 years , have gone to the hospital becuase of broken beer bottles .

That really sucks about your dogs foot , I never liked bottles . They shoulda stopped making them years and years ago .

Can you say union ?

Thats why cans cost more than bottles , and probably why beer bottles still exist .

It would be an interesting fact to know , how many people , in the last 50 years , have gone to the hospital becuase of broken beer bottles .

How about blaming the dumbasses who break the bottles? Glass can be reused many times while aluminum only once. Its very energy intensive to make cans as well..The union comment is just plain stupid....

I hate it whenever I hear that a pet has been injured. Some people do not respect other peoples property . Throwing trash, breaking bottles, destroying signs ,etc. seem to be on the rise which implies parents and educators need to do more to curtail these acts. I hope your dog recovers quickly and doesn't suffer any more pain.

Edited by staffman

How about blaming the dumbasses who break the bottles? Glass can be reused many times while aluminum only once. Its very energy intensive to make cans as well..The union comment is just plain stupid....

My thought to Pics :good:

Sorry about your Dog, hope he gets better. But he could have cut himself on anything. I've seen old garbage dumped in the bush with broken bottles and rusty cans. Still idiots leaving stuff like that any place.

Edited by Fish Farmer

2 summers ago my Sheppard had her main pad on her front foot cut almost in half by a broken beer bottle some idiot smashed on the river bank!!! Some peoples children I tell ya, no respect!!!

Hope your hound recovers in time to get out for the end of the season, shes probably as heartbroken about it as you are!

Edited by tightline

My thought to Pics :good:

Sorry about your Dog, hope he gets better. But he could have cut himself on anything. I've seen old garbage dumped in the bush with broken bottles and rusty cans. Still idiots leaving stuff like that any place.

Nope it was glass, seen exactly where it happened.

Glass is still there. I didn't have a chance to pick it up as the dog hit an artery and was bleeding good.

He's little sore today but doesn't seemed to bothered by it.

I'm sure he'll be pointing birds by mid to late Oct.

Thanks

R