Father and Son

Mike the Pike

Well Ryan and I had waited for over a month for the Opening of Trout season.

We went to Lake Massawippi Quebec this was my first time here fishing.Really nice place.

When we got up mother nature was in a bad mood dumping plenty of rain for our day to come.

No problem we have rain gear.So we packed up ready to go.

This was Ryan's test to see if he could endure a day of trolling.This winter he was a true sport lasting all day ice fishing never wanting to go home.

I wasn't sure he would brave the elements Crappy weather :stretcher: .The rain did not seem to faze him.

By the way guys and gals Ryan loves to read your fishing reports .Enough said time for the fishing report.

121624.JPG

123708.JPG

We got up before Lew o'clock and hit the road at 4:15am.

123709.JPG

Ready to Launch 6am Ryan could not be happier :D

123710.JPG

Ryan's prediction for the winning lure of the day.Hurry up Dad launch the boat :whistling:

123713.JPG

Ryan waiting for the fish!!!!!!! :dunno:

123711.JPG

The little man breaks the ice a 22 inch Laker 3lbs 2oz.

Above the slot limit which is between 35cms and 50cms.

Ryan could not seem to hang on to the fish so I just passed him the lip grip.

123712.JPG

This is Ryan's PB biggest fish ever he is now out of the panfish stage.Here I am worrying if he will be able to net a fish for me

and I am the net man who still has never caught a Lake trout.Boy those things are scrappy little buggers.

The fish was caught suspended.we were in 66ft of water.

123727.JPG

Caught on this little Rapala XRAP

123714.JPG

Meanwhile I was using a Planer board and it seemed I was the only one on the Lake using them.

Some other boat snagged my line because he didn't seem to see my board.I got spooled and I lost my only Lucky Craft lure

$17.99 plus tax :wallbash: The morron was towing my planer board and didn't bother to stop.

Thankfully they float and I went and retrieved the board.

Ryan who is eight informed me that I should not use the Planers because he did not need them to catch Lakers.

123715.JPG

The tinny boat live well.

123716.JPG

This is serious Dad :P

123717.JPG

Ryan wanted to drive the boat with the trolling motor on.

123718.JPG

123719.JPG

123720.JPG

future boat owner.Hum?Tiller or Console?

123721.JPG

Time to call it a day the bite was off and the boat traffic was brutal.

A crowded opener but a great day Saturday.Back to the Launch.

123722.JPG

The proud little man with his new PB catch.

123723.JPG

Yes thats me holding my son's fish.Thats what we came here for to make him happy.

123724.JPG

123725.JPG

A view of Mont-Orford Ski resort there was plenty of snow remaining on the mountain.

123726.JPG

Ryan snapped this picture of himself cheesy Dorito face on the phone

telling mom that he caught dinner.

A great Day I got skunked but my little guy got his PB.

Now I am going to cook that trout. :thumbsup_anim:

Mike the Pike

Edited by Mike the Pike

Well done mike...you are the man....and hey thats a great father-son team you guys got going on there...glad you guys got into some decent lakers.. :w00t: .and too bad about your board and your very expensive lucky-craft...he must have been a blind idiot,not to see a bright orange board...well what can you do,...thanks for sharing.......cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

awesome report mike

wow that laker was caught in some deep water, in early season plain old flatnining seem to work. i only got into one little speck this weekend. now i cant wait to see the next walleye report

What a great report! Must be awesome out there sharing these trips with your son....he'll (and I'm sure you too), will remember them for the rest of his life! Cant beat that Mike. Glad to see some fish there....you guys sure looked like you had a great time. Thanks for the great report and pics.

Thanks Mike, I didn't have time to read your story last night, but it was the 1st one I looked for this morning and it was well worth the wait.

Great to hear you and your son had such a fun day on the water !! :thumbsup_anim:

Awesome pictures too !!