New found love for Bass boats

esoxansteel

Was out on Rice lake Sunday fishing for Walleyes with bouncers and gulp leeches, when a Nitro Bass boat with a 225 optimax blew by me blowing multiple packs of plastic out the back of his boat, there was no way my 60 was going to catch the 225, so I kindly went around scooping up 7 packs in all that i could find, so along with 9 walleyes it turned into a great day on the water.

Funny you mentioned that, I was fishing with a guy I know through work yesterday and he lost a bunch of tackle when a tray from his tackle box blew back and hit the motor and opened up, thankfully I was able to grab his tray before he lost the entire thing and we we able to find about 5-6 more lures floating on the surface. I definitely don't have a bass boat though haha, gotta have things secured pretty damn well in those things. I once found a hat of a guy I know a day after he lost it, about 2 miles down the river from where it blew off his head lol.

Funny you mentioned that, I was fishing with a guy I know through work yesterday and he lost a bunch of tackle when a tray from his tackle box blew back and hit the motor and opened up, thankfully I was able to grab his tray before he lost the entire thing and we we able to find about 5-6 more lures floating on the surface. I definitely don't have a bass boat though haha, gotta have things secured pretty damn well in those things. I once found a hat of a guy I know a day after he lost it, about 2 miles down the river from where it blew off his head lol.

WAS IT A TILLY:wallbash: :wallbash:

Wonder if it was the same loser that blew by me last week about 70 MPH and so close I coulda darned reached out and touched him, even though there was 1/2 a mile of water all around me.

Wonder if it was the same loser that blew by me last week about 70 MPH and so close I coulda darned reached out and touched him, even though there was 1/2 a mile of water all around me.

Funny Lew that same jerk passed me on the trent this weekend past..Its a good thing those bass boats dont have a huge wake..I was in my 14 foot tinner..Had another boat cut both my daughter and my lines while trolling too..Not a good weekend out there..... :wallbash: Neeless to say I was pissed

Wasn't dark coloured with gold stripes with a guy smilin gear to ear behind the wheel like he just boated a 6 and change was it?

No it wasnt Mr 6 and change, but that was one hell of a nice fish, and one of the bigger ones ive seen from their in a few years for sure.

He got you too...?

Him and his buddies got me on the Larry... He really gets around...

Then his 20-30 foot cruiser buddies joined the family reunion... I could hardly keep a straight line trolling...

Was out on RIce on Sunday as well. A bass boat, red &white stratos with a 175 merc, came so close to a canoe they jumped ship in fear of being hit by the boat.:angry: The idiot turned around and started to ream them out for being in the middle of the lake in a canoe. By the time I got to them, there were needless to say many words exchanged. The idiot in the bass boat didn't stick around to help them right the canoe, probably a good thing as that would have put me close enough to his boat and I might not be able to report this as I would be in jail right now on manslaughter.

I brought the canoe up over my boat to get the water out, let the 3 kids climb into my boat and re board the canoe.

WHAT"S WITH SOME PEOPLE???

Reminds me of the numerous times Ive been fishing the many laydowns along the banks of the Otonabee when some guy in a big ALUMINUM boat with a 60 or 90 goes plowing by barely on plane cause he doesnt even know what plane is in a tinner. The huge unnessary wake always pushes my bassboat too close to the bank ruining my presentation.

Being courteous goes both ways. It is NOT the type of boat that dictates the common sense or lack thereof of the captain.

Just sayin.....

Was out on RIce on Sunday as well. A bass boat, red &white stratos with a 175 merc, came so close to a canoe they jumped ship in fear of being hit by the boat.:angry: The idiot turned around and started to ream them out for being in the middle of the lake in a canoe. By the time I got to them, there were needless to say many words exchanged. The idiot in the bass boat didn't stick around to help them right the canoe, probably a good thing as that would have put me close enough to his boat and I might not be able to report this as I would be in jail right now on manslaughter.

I brought the canoe up over my boat to get the water out, let the 3 kids climb into my boat and re board the canoe.

Nice work helping the kids Ron, I'm sure they appreciated it. :thumbsup_anim:

I think the issue is for a group of anglers that supposedly know a lot about fishing.... You would think they would know better then to buzz through the spot your fishing.... With their 250 verodo on their 60,000 dollar boat...

I get mad when a boat that's going 60-80 won't go around with a decent distance... Bass boat or not...

But I expect anglers to know better....

Nice of you to help out Ron I can't believe this happened

I get mad when a boat that's going 60-80 won't go around with a decent distance... Bass boat or not...

But I expect anglers to know better....

Or the time the guy 100 feet away turned his 20million candle power spot on us while we were boating a walleye in the darkmellow.gif

He shut it off awful fast when you said "Hi"rofl2.gif