2013 Dodge Dart

misfish

So glad that I'm not into cool vehicles. It's got to be the most expensive hobby on the planet. My rides are beasts of burdens to me, nothing more. And they still cost me a small fortune.

Not impressed what so ever with this new Dart. It just looks like a carbon copy of many previous models of Dodge sedans.

Wouldn't touch the new Dart, let alone many other vehicles offered by North American brands. They just haven't been comparable to the quality of overseas vehicle brands I've looked at over the past few years. Just my opinion.

The whole "support our economy" argument holds little weight as other typically oversea brands now have factories in the US or Canada.

it's a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO ... that easy

every new FWD Mopar has a Japanese twin .... with that said so does every other domestic FWD ( Japanese or Euro twin )

The EVO and the new Dart are nothing a like. Completely different platforms, engine, suspension etc etc.

The Dart actually uses the same platform as the Alfa Romeo Giulietta.

Edited by BillM

I wonder how big a bonus the dude that thought of it gave himself?

:rofl2:

I can picture it. Bunch of suits sitting at a board room table, caviar and smoked salmon treats and they're all sittting there and one of them pipes in, "What we gonna call this piece of crap?" Guy at the other end jumps up, "DART, That's it, the Dodge Dart, genious! " For our Next topic of the day shall we vote on a bonus for old Cedric there for coming up with that original name tag?"

:thumbsup_anim: Ay Ay, and the first one off the line goes to Cedric too! Let's toast to this wonderous occasion!

What a shame.

Thing is, they will probably sell a gazillion of the things. There really aren't a lot of options out there for someone who wants to buy new, who wants a sporty looking car, and who doesn't want to blow a whole pile of dough. Challenger, Camaro and Mustang are all far more expensive cars. Even a Mits Evo will still cost more than the Dart.

Remember the old Chev Cavalier Z24? This is the modern version.

Remember, the target market for this vehicle has never even seen a 60s/70s Dart, much less driven one. They won't make the comparison.

So glad that I'm not into cool vehicles. It's got to be the most expensive hobby on the planet. My rides are beasts of burdens to me, nothing more. And they still cost me a small fortune.

Hit the nail on the head there Dan.

In my youth I wasted a lot of coin on cars.

Now my vehicles are merely transportation. Need to be reliable and functional of course.

There are more important things to spend money on.

And it certainly would not be spent on a piece of crap like that Dart.

Remember, the target market for this vehicle has never even seen a 60s/70s Dart, much less driven one. They won't make the comparison.

Good point, plus the folks who have seen a 60s/70s Dart will be talking about it.

Edited by Harrison

That’s the way I’ve felt for a long time; just transportation; likely due to repairing the things for a living for so many years.

But then last fall I found something that sparked my interests again.

I’ve been driving this old Chevy all summer and having a blast.

The picture should read Styleline Deluxe. LOL

Dan.

Copy of Visor2 015.jpg

Edited by DanD

True. I've got two boys just getting to the point of buying their own vehicles. Neither would have a clue, or even care to know about the old Dart.

If I had my way, they'd be driving 4 cyl. carburated Chevy Suburban extended models! You'd need a calendar to clock their 1/4 mile. thumbsup_anim.gif

North American marketing leaves me astonished time after time. The car the new Dart is based on looks awesome and if it drives like a true Alfa Romeo it would drive well too. Yet the Chrysler honchos dredge up an old name and remove all of the cool styling from the originating car. I guess I just don't get it. Here's a vid of the Alfa the new Dart is based on. http://www.alfagiulietta.com/Default.aspx#/spot

North American marketing leaves me astonished time after time. The car the new Dart is based on looks awesome and if it drives like a true Alfa Romeo it would drive well too. Yet the Chrysler honchos dredge up an old name and remove all of the cool styling from the originating car. I guess I just don't get it. Here's a vid of the Alfa the new Dart is based on. http://www.alfagiuli...ault.aspx#/spot

It would be so easy to just give it a different name!Everyone would be happy.