Long over due report (s)

fishnsled

Father's Day weekend I got together with CCMT for some musky fishing. We both had a couple of things to do in the early am, so a later start to the day but the fish didn't seem to mind. We were on the water by 1pm (I could get use to this) and it wasn't long before Cliff boated the first of the day. A beauty 39 incher.

P1000557.jpg

P1000559.jpg

I managed to get them follow to the boat, had on small one on and it jumped off and another hit the bait at boat side but never got a hook into it Then it went quite for a for 3+ hours, no follows no hits, nothing. The sun was going down and we thought we'd head back to where we started. About 10 minutes on the spot and I was up with this 38 incher that hit like a freight train, she really wanted the bait.

P1000561.jpg

P1000564.jpg

After she was released we went back up to where we started as we had missed some good water while releasing the fish. About another 10 minutes of fishing and I 'm up again with this 37 incher.

P1000565.jpg

P1000566.jpg

P1000567.jpg

P1000568.jpg

We fished for another hour or so but that would be it for the day. 3 fish boated, 1 lost, 1 swing and a miss and 3 follows. A nice day on the water by any standards. I grab myself one of the Scotty camera mounts and shot some video of the boat running as well Cliff grabbed some video of the fishing battles. So I put together a bit of a video, hope you enjoy.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/44709720" width="500" height="331" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/44709720">Father's Day Weekend Muskies OFC</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user12208157">Will Hearn</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

For bass opening weekend I managed to get a couple of days in. Saturday went down as one of the best openers I've had. Tom figured we must have boated 40-45 bass and since he only caught half a dozen, my day was incredible. A lot of 1-2 pounders but some quality fish as well. An awesome day.

A great start to the day and the season.

P1000569-1.jpg

P1000574-1.jpg

P1000572-1.jpg

P1000577.jpg

Day 2 I met up with my buddy Bill and his daughter for a morning fish. The bite was a tougher one but we still managed a few.

Beauty sunrise on the way to the lake.

P1000590.jpg

Best net girl!!

P1000591.jpg

The pro.

P1000596.jpg

Nice catch!

P1000597.jpg

Now as anyone from here that has fished with my knows, the front of the boat is my domain... :whistling::rolleyes: At least that is what Joe says. :D Bill and I have been fishing together for 30 plus years now and has earned passage to the front of the boat. :blahblah1: Near the end of the day I went to the back of the boat to re-tie and when I was done I could not believe my eyes. My casting deck was full and I was fishing at the back of my own boat. :blink:

P1000594.jpg

I guess there are exceptions to every rule. :blush:

So a great month of June was finished with this pig on Saturday. Another great day with CCMT. She was just shy of 5 pounds on the scale.

P1000615-1.jpg

And CCMT with a nice smallie.

P1000617-1.jpg

I'm thinking that Cliff will have more to report on this day and our perhaps our Lake O adventures yesterday. But that is all for me for now.

Was that muskie trip this year or last?? Seems like ages ago...LOL. Just kidding! :thumbsup_anim:

Hey Will...always a great day on the water...we actually caught some nice fish the last few outings! Love that underwater camera you have there...it took some great release footage of that muskie.

I'll post a report later on with some more pics from our bass outing...and maybe the Lake O trip... LOL.

That was worth waiting for! Will, you had some good players with you, some cooperative fish and what appears to be super weather. Throw in some really good pics and video and it's all good.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'd gladly trade a day of musky fishing for one of those back lake adventures Simon and Chad. :) The Kawarthas, Lake St. Clair, are good places to look for muskies Gray_Wolf. Yes Bernie, we can catch fish, it appears that you can as well. :lol:

You may be right Will, but I can't help but think it has more to do with trolling and the Terapoopa factor, then it does me... did you not see his eyes cloud over when you brought out the Dipsey? I thought he was going to hang himself with the Lead Core! Can you imagine the sheer terror had we used riggers!?

HH

You may be right Will, but I can't help but think it has more to do with trolling and the Terapoopa factor, then it does me... did you not see his eyes cloud over when you brought out the Dipsey? I thought he was going to hang himself with the Lead Core! Can you imagine the sheer terror had we used riggers!?

HH

:rofl2: :rofl2: I thought he was going to be sick or something worst. He sure got awfully quite and a lot of apologizing was going on. :D

What, no Pickereyes! Don't give up guys, you'll do better next time! :whistling:

Not looking for the pickereyes this time, hunting down some spotted carp on the big lake. If I keep them separate we tend to have a good or great day on the water. Put them together and we have a ton of laughs and good time but the fishing tends to be very slow. Must be a karma thing somewhere along the line.