Leaf Talk

jedimaster

The other possibility is that Thomas gets traded to a team that wants to save money and help to get to the cap floor.

Thmoas is due a million bucks or so I believe, his cap hit is five point whatever million dollars and if he doesn't report (as has been speculated) the team doesn't have to pay him but the money counts against the cap.

This just in... Leafs trade schenn to Philly for James Van Reimsdyk!! We have a power forward boys! JVR Lupes or Kessel..Now we need a top 6 centre.

Edited by tb4me

This just in... Leafs trade schenn to Philly for James Van Reimsdyk!! We have a power forward boys! JVR Lupes or Kessel..Now we need a top 6 centre.

I have not heard that yet but if it is correct, WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!

I have not heard that yet but if it is correct, WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!

lol I couldnt have said it any better..But ya this is a fair trade..no one wins or looses here..Yikes both Schenn boys in Philly..Big 2 days for bothers in the NHL or what

Schenn never should have been playing D in the nhl at 18.

Absolutely correct. JVR hasn't reached his potential yet, has underachieved as of late and has been injury plagued but we can all salivate over his performance in last years playoffs. He was also rushed along. That is the 'New NHL' as they like to call it.

Instead of a middle class they have a bunch of high priced stars and a bunch of young kids that have no business being there.

Hopefully both ships will be righted and both teams come out happy.

As for Brian Burke vomiting out more hyperbole by saying that if he picked number 1 he would have picked Reilly. What a crap thing to say. All he has to do is pick and shut up. You do not have to 'up talk' your draft picks. Give your fan base a little credit. That boils my blood about Burke. I do however love the picks he made today. Reilly looks great, Finn was a steal at 35 as he was suppose to go 21 and he is a Storm player which I like. Ryan Rupert was an absolute steal at 15sumthin. I didnt see where the other Rupert kid went.

Too bad JVR's career is over now that he's a laff!

;)

You mean he's going to underacheive like....Spezza???

I think the Leafs (sp?) did well, and improved quite abit. I'll be anxious to see how it all pans out in the season though.

Did the Sens(itives) improve Maskymutt??? Did Alfie retire?

I really hate to say this, but the Leafs will not make the playoffs again in 12/13... they need a lot more than what they got so far, to improve enough to make the playoffs... what we have here are new faces that will forget everything they knew, as soon as they pull on that jersey... I wish I was wrong, but after so many years of watching them loose, I simply don't see enough here, now, to warrant any kind of change from the past.

And this said by a life long Leaf fan...

HH