Leaf Talk

jedimaster

Hey JM

Catch that Sen that won the Norris?

Or how about the constant leaf bashing of Alfie not being a leader---then darnation who won the king clancy award for leadership??

Ooops

I'll leave the leaf thread alone now---just did'nt want to open one to say this--but since ya opened a hockey thread :whistling:

Stahl??---would be a good add

Should be an interesting Draft. Burke better make some moves this summer. Nash or Staal would be a great fit. Luongo Is solid enough to help a team get to the playoffs(playing in the playoffs is another story.) I think Burke will be feeling the pressure to scoop someone up as it may be his last year if there is another poor season.

Should be an interesting Draft. Burke better make some moves this summer. Nash or Staal would be a great fit. Luongo Is solid enough to help a team get to the playoffs(playing in the playoffs is another story.) I think Burke will be feeling the pressure to scoop someone up as it may be his last year if there is another poor season.

There was talk two to three weeks ago that the brass has had enough.I wouldn't be surprised he's let go well before the season starts.Let's face it leafs are worse now then they were when he took over.:dunno:

How many cups have the sens won? Ok sorry, that's not fair, How many playoff series have the sens won against the leafs?

:whistling:

How many Cup finals have the Leafs been to since expansion? 'Cause you're bound to win a few when you've got a one in six chance... :-)

Calder Cup finals this year and more 1st round picks playing in the system than any other team in the league has me questioning your logic Davey Buoy. Id say theyre leagues ahead of where JFJ left the team.

Still need more proven veterans,and when jfj was in charge the year he was canned, the leafs finished with more points than they did this year.JMO jigger.It only took Burke 3 years so far to make them worse.

How worse though? Theyre thick on overpaid guys, no doubt. But Connoly, armstrong and Lombardi come off the books after this year and they have a Stanley Cup winning coach to start the year. Carlysle is not RW. Thats a good thing.

Edit: if memory serves, didnt Raycroft get the most wins ever by a Leaf 'tender that year? Also, Mats was still active. Sundin>Alfie 10 times out of 10. JMO ;)

Edited by Jigger

So Stahl apparently turned down a 10 year deal with the Pen's.... How about it Burke? lets see Stahl beside Kessle.

A good old fashioned Thunder Bay farm boy like Staal would be a great fit for the Leafs.

If staal leave pitts, he's goin to the canes to play with his big bro. There is no goaltending issue in toronto and to waste a trade to get a goalie is stupid. Leafs should pick gregorenko or galenchyuk at 5, yakupov should go 2nd with edmonton picking ryan murray.

I canciled my leafs TV and deleted my leafs app maybe 2019 I will turn them back on again.

I must say THANK YOU to the leafs for the start of last season as dad got to pass away with them on a good start towards the cup. I have heard him rolling around on the shelf here at home he must be watching them from the other side.

Come on boys, the Leafs are positioned to be able to make some moves and pull in some key pieces. Hopefully we are able to land a proven goaltender and a quality centre before the summer is out. I'm looking at tomorrow and July 1st to make some deals.

I wouldn't mind seeing Staal, Ryan, Parise, or Nash (not at the same asking price as at the trade deadline), in a Leafs jersey or even moving up in the draft to grab Galchenyuk. I have a strong feeling that Montreal will snag him before we get the chance, mainly so Toronto doesn't get him. Pretty petty, but I don't expect much else from the Canadiens.

Luongo would be a nice upgrade, but I'd rather make an offer sheet for Cory Schneider. $5 mill would only require a 1st and a 3rd I think. Not a bad deal and if the Canucks matched, then they would have no choice but to deal Luongo. No way they can keep over $10 mill in goalies going forward.

I don't want to see Schenn go as he is only 22 and Wilson basically messed the kid up. Same goes with Kadri.

That being said, I don't think there are many untouchables.

We should try and move up, but not if the price is ridiculous. We have been steadily getting better since Burke came, regardless of what the haters say. We had little to no prospects JFJ in charge and that has changed. It takes time to build a perpetual contender, but we are working towards that goal. It isn't an overnight accomplishment, but patience is not infinite. Burke understands this is likely his last year if they don't make the playoffs, so hopefully he doesn't do something for short term gain and longterm pain.

Go Leafs Go!

Still need more proven veterans,and when jfj was in charge the year he was canned, the leafs finished with more points than they did this year.JMO jigger.It only took Burke 3 years so far to make them worse.

You can rent lots of mediocre players by trading draft picks, to just scratch the surface of the playoffs as JFJ often did.

We are miles ahead of where JFJ left us, we had to fix what he broke, first.

the Leafs are positioned to be able to make some moves and pull in some key pieces.

They've been in that position ever since Burke started...yet he seems to enjoy "the pooch", if ya know what I mean!

I don't want to see Schenn go as he is only 22 and Wilson basically messed the kid up. Same goes with Kadri.

Schenn is the most useless player they Leafs have......unless you enjoy defensive zone blunders and a good 3-4 horrible turn-overs a game.

Kadri = GREAT pre-season/practice player!

You can't say that Stoty, Wilson had him playing 1-2 dman minutes, and he just isn't there yet. Then he basically got benched, which threw all of his confidence out the window.

I think (read, hope) Schenn can turn it around this year. Who knows.

One things forsure is I doubt Karlsson will have a repeat. Good dman, sure, but I don't think he will be a repeat ppg player

Edited by d_paluch

dont think Staal is worth the trade ONLY cuz he is a UFA after this yr and all signs are he is going to play with his bro in carolina,so to give up XX for a guy to leave in a yr isnt worth the gamble unless its a trade and sign deal to secure him here

Leafs are in no hurry to get luongo,its the Nucks who need to move him to be able to sign schneider + most other teams have already got their goalie like tampa did and Minny resigned theirs

Luv nash but cant see leafs getting him just not enough horses to part with

There are some players I would like to see on the leafs that are available at some price point, Nash, Staal, Luongo... the list goes on. Listening to an interview Nonis and he is saying there are no talks going on about moving anywhere in the draft and that they won't likely be able to get the forward they want so they will settle for the best player available and that's likely going to be a defenseman.

It doesn't really sound like any big moves will be made the leafs have the 5th and 35th, so hopefully they can pick someone up thats useful

I wouldn't mind seeing Staal, Ryan, Parise, or Nash (not at the same asking price as at the trade deadline), in a Leafs jersey or even moving up in the draft to grab Galchenyuk. I have a strong feeling that Montreal will snag him before we get the chance, mainly so Toronto doesn't get him. Pretty petty, but I don't expect much else from the Canadiens.

Petty? They have the higher draft pick.. not going to pass on players because they feel bad the leafs are the only team to not make the playoffs since the lockout.

The leafs had a real strong 3/4 of a season last year. Played tight and fast paced. Of course we all know how they fell apart, the defense got exposed and so did the goaltending. Everyteam has a few guys that cough the puck up, its innevetable. The leneed to further tighten up the d line, and pickup a goalie. I would like to see a big time center as well.