Walleye opener with my family

limeyangler

Hi all,

Well....had a great start to the walleye season with my family from the lawn today. Weather was absolutely foul most of the time, thunder, lightening, rain and gale force winds and even bright sunshine!

My wife was in between night shifts so was sleeping off and on but managed to join me with jack for a couple of hours at lunchtime. I fished off and on too because of chores and rain but it turned out to be a perfect if not highly interrupted session.

Caught 3 nice eaters and missed a bunch too. Got one 20"er and a fantastic 29.5"er to get my season of to a red hot start despite the less than red hot weather.

Bait was jig and minnow.

Also got a whole load of pike including two really nice ones, one that snapped me off might even have been an upgrade on this season's PB of 35".

I am off to Lac Seul in the morning....lol....kinda think maybe i should save the gas and fish from home again...lol....NAH!

Despite all my bigger fish coming from right off the lawn (32", 31" and now a 29.5"er) the numbers of quality fish that you have the potential of catching on Lac Seul is far superior to my home lake IMO.....anyway...its fun to change scenery.

Should have another fine report tomorrow evening.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Bd0raqLtd58" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG_1980.jpg

IMG_1971.jpg

IMG_1997.jpg

IMG_1970.jpg

IMG_1987.jpg

IMG_1989.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

IMG_08782-Copy-Copy.jpg

IMG_0876-Copy.jpg

Great to see someone had a good opening day Simon. :good: I wish mine went as well as yours' . All I managed was a couple of northern's, a walleye and a big rock for the bottom end. :oops: Looks like I should have stuck to shore like you. A person likes to think they know all the hazards on their lakes, but there always seem to be one more to discover.

Awesome report Simon!!!!

Wow, 29.5" right off the bat!!!! You bugger, at this rate, the winner of our side bet is gonna need a world record, haha.

Good luck out on the Seul tomorrow bro!

That video was pure gold too dood! Amazing how similar the weather is at your place and mine!

Edited by manitoubass2

Thanks for the replies folks.

fantastic pics Simon - and sweet way to open the season.

Thanks man...and by the way...i really want to take you up on your offer of a shot at Lake E or Lake O while i'm down...that would be awesome!

Nicely done Simon. Must be nice to simply pop back into the house when the rain gets too bad rather than trying to race back to camp in a tin boat with a 9.9 :)

LOL...yeah it is Sean....mum and jack were at the window laughing when i raced up the hill, Mum told jack to "wait and see dad running in a minute" when the rain started ...and sure enough here comes dad running his arse off.....jack thought it was hilarious.

WTG Simon.Thats a bovine of a walley !!!clapping.gif

Thanks Paul!

Eggscellent!!!! Nice start man!!

Hard to beat that one this year i'd think...now i can relax and fish....lol....pressure off. (pressure...yeah right!)

Very nice season-starter-session!

30" walleye right in your backyard is something to hold dear.

If i ever move it will be a sad day Chad....thats for sure.

Great day Simon. Nice pic of Jack and Rolof. :D

Thanks Brian....they are getting closer by the day....Roloff now responds to jack calling him.

Great to see someone had a good opening day Simon. :good: I wish mine went as well as yours' . All I managed was a couple of northern's, a walleye and a big rock for the bottom end. :oops: Looks like I should have stuck to shore like you. A person likes to think they know all the hazards on their lakes, but there always seem to be one more to discover.

EEEEESH....OUCH! I feel your pain...did my skeg first year here....harsh way to learn where the reefs are eh?

Awesome report Simon!!!!

Wow, 29.5" right off the bat!!!! You bugger, at this rate, the winner of our side bet is gonna need a world record, haha.

Good luck out on the Seul tomorrow bro!

That video was pure gold too dood! Amazing how similar the weather is at your place and mine!

I was thinking the whole time about how similar our weather was that day...you had posted something on your status describing exactly what was happening on the ground here too.

A world record would be nice....but i am not resting on my laurels....i know you have plenty of 30"ers+ out front of yours!

Nicely done Simon. Great way to start the season!!!!

Thanks dude!

Absolutely beautiful report Simon.The pics of Jack growing so quickly.

The shot of jack holding up the mussel shell Pricless.

And the shot of the waterline and rain so cool.

Looking forward to the next report :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Mike....Jack calls those clams "zebra lip Michelles" its a long story....lol

Great job Simon :thumbsup_anim: You've set the bar high to start the season :w00t: Got to love catching quality eyes like that from the lawn B)

Thanks Jacques...dont happen often but all my biggest fish have come from the front lawn!

Fantastic Simon. What a great way to start the year off. And the pics of the rain are very cool.

Thanks Dan...i love that rain shot too....and i take that as a great compliment coming from an excellent photographer like yourself.

Living the life Simon!!!

Its the only way drew....the only way....and i know you know that!

You live in a paradise bud and I am jelous! Not many can say they go in their backyard and catch dinner, nice fish.

Its definitely a bonus!

Awesome report!

Thanks,

HH

Thanks HH!

Simon, you always have some of the best pics........LOVE the picture of your son in the chair with the sunglasses.....btw you dog looks like my dog.... :thumbsup_anim:

Now you said 29"....but how long would that be in cm's........LOL

Keep up the great family trips.......

Bob