Anyone Want To Join Me Brook Trout Fishing?

solopaddler

Well due to some serious unforseen issues my tripping partner will not be able to make it on our trip leaving tomorrow.

I'm throwing this out there on the off chance someone is game to join.

I'm leaving tomorrow night around 8pm from Hamilton and am driving almost 10 hours north.

This trip isn't your normal canoe trip. I'm packing 12km's into a destination lake, which btw is teeming with gigantic wild brookies.

I'm packing super ultralight, totally minimalist including packing in and using a float tube as opposed to a canoe.

I have almost everything anyone might need for this trip including another float tube which I can borrow.

Also have an extra pack and enough food/drink for two.

If anyone is up for the challenge you'd need a lightweight sleeping bag, a small amount of clothing and be willing to split the cost of the gas with me.

I'll be returning next Sunday evening on the 20th.

I know this is ridiculously short notice, but shoot me a pm if you're interested and we'll talk directly.

If no one steps up to the plate I'll head in solo which isn't so bad anyway. :)

Cheers, Mike

Would love to join you Mike...but yeah....would have to find a new job, new wife, and new fishing buddies when I got back. Hittin' one of my fave backlakes in Temagami for the long weekend.

I even have a float tube! wallbash.gif

Good luck dude thumbsup_anim.gif

PS> Don't forget at least one roll of tape this time, ok? whistling.gif

Wow ... sounds spectacular .. unfortunately it conflicts with my own Speck trip .. into a little camp in the laurentians in Quebec (hope someone worthy takes you up on your offer - have a great trip either way !

Thanks guys.

I'll be shocked if anyone can pull it off on such short notice anyhow, and for sure there's always a next time.

I could phone in sick if you want to pay the plane fare Mike. ;)

Sure OK, then I'll phone 911 when you collapse halfway in.

(sorry buddy :D )

Thanks guys.

I'll be shocked if anyone can pull it off on such short notice anyhow, and for sure there's always a next time.

Sure OK, then I'll phone 911 when you collapse halfway in.

(sorry buddy :D )

SWEET!!! You can use my phone!!!!! :good: :good:

Man wallbash.gif! only if I didn't have to be in the capital for a couple of important prezis. I would and could have taken the rest of the week off. I am new to this backcountry thing but would have accepted the challenge for them brookies.

Have fun Mike.

Miro

SWEET!!! You can use my phone!!!!! :good: :good:

I'd have to haul your carcass out of the bush, there's no cel service up there.

This fall,you and I have a date,hell maybe even two. :thumbsup_anim:

Been saying that for a while now.

I wish my heart wasn't messed. That portaging would be alot though.

I was thinking about calling you today buddy.

You're crazy Dude. And just think, you are only a "ghost of your former self" when it comes to time spent fishing. I could almost go except for the fact that I am going up to Nakina for a week at the end of the month. Thanks for lining me up for that by the way.

That's unfortunate. Hopefully you find someone to replace your partner and I hope that they are OK. I wish it could be me because the trip you planned sounds pretty amazing. Maybe I'll just leave my wife a note? That could end well, no? :sarcasm:

That's unfortunate. Hopefully you find someone to replace your partner and I hope that they are OK. I wish it could be me because the trip you planned sounds pretty amazing. Maybe I'll just leave my wife a note? That could end well, no? :sarcasm:

Hell.. you only live once!! Give it a whirl.... :D