What would you do?

RangerGuy

I agree this has nothing to do with Lund and really the only issue I have with the dealer is they took so long

to figure it out. I found out in 3 hours, I'm sure they will make it right I spoke with them last night and they

are to call me sometime today.

As for waiting, I think we are just gonna go with the merc.. as I have had 1 dealer say 3-4 months and another

say they can't get a date yet and finally one which is a 5 star yamaha dealer say that yamaha told them they can't

source one from another dealer or even give a date and ussually they will

tell them they are on the ship coming over or they haven't left japan yet etc.

So I will cross my fingers and hope that the Opti is reliable :S

If the dealer is willing to loan a used motor or allow me to use the motor that come default on the boat until

the yamaha comes in then I might do that, I forgot to ask that yesterday.I will see what they think of that idea.

I'll keep everyone posted.

If there is a 90 tiller available, I would not for 1 sec hesitiate to go with that, they are essentially the same engine, same weight, block, lower end from what I can see. Would not do it if it was an increase in weight/displacement though. Externally the only diff is the decal saying 75HP. The 75 is a detuned 90 or the 90 is a tuned up 75, take your pick :whistling:

i ordered a new princecraft with a 115 merc on it... it was supposed to be ready last week.. boat came in and is ready however the motor has been delayed. apparently should be in for next weekend but this thread has me wondering. i sure hope everything goes as planned.

It'll take me some digging thru emails... but I'll try to find the Ontario rep for Lund (at least who was in 2007) that did some hoop jumping for me. I got the first ever 70" Motorguide wireless out of him and a few life jackets for my troubles. I'll PM you his email when I find it.

Angleo Lombardo was the rep for Lund, but he has taken over Mike Readers job at OFAH, but would have some very good contacts for you no doubt.

We had this problem a years ago. Every dealer usually puts in there order of outboards before year end. But no one ever projects a substantial increase in sales for the future. We had a problem ordering 115hp 4-strokes last year due to the crises happing around the world. This year Mercury came out with the brand new 150HP 4-Stroke, they built 7000 units but had orders for 20,000 units YIKES! I'm sure your dealer is trying their best to get the product to the consumer but sometimes their will be delays. A boat purchase is something everyone will own for a lifetime. Just like fishing it requires patience. I'm sure you will enjoy your brand new Lund for years to come. :clapping:

Well,

Spoke to the dealer yesterday. Looks like I should have the boat early June now instead of mid May. If

they stick to this timeline that won't be to bad I guess.

I'm still not sure I'm happy with the price with an opti it's only about $200 less than the yamaha.

I was expecting to see a larger price difference between the yamaha and mercury optimax but I have

no way of confirming that.

This could be the cost of the Big Tiller handle. In my mind Mercury is soaking customers for the cost

of the power steering and variable troll control options. If you want the power steering option it's

an extra $3,000 OUCH!

Dealer is telling me to have the variable troll control I have to have the Smart Gauge package

which is like $1000 extra.

For that price I'll use drift socks, it's to bad because that comes by default with the yamaha.

I think I will talk with them more about the price when the boat comes in.

So here's the final product list

-1800 Lund Alaskan Tiller

-75 HP Mercury Optimax

-Big Tiller Handle

-Wetlands Camo Package

-Extra matching Seat

-Extra matching seat base

-Cockpit cover

-Shorelander trailer

-Load guides

-Spare Tire

I think you're nuts for abandoning the Yammy and only saving a few bucks. Not that the merc is a bad motor, far from it.

The troll assist feature is real nice on my 40 yammy, I bet with the big 75 it'd be even nicer.

Sure, waiting for the yammy sucks but you buy this boat and it lasts you for years..several weeks now is really a minor inconveniece in the grand scheme of things.(unless you have money riding on prompt delivery).

Just my 0.02c.

Just got a call directly from Yamaha. They are saying mid - june, now I don't know what to do :(

Sit back and wait RG, the 4 stroke Yamaha is a fantastic motor and you'll be extremely happy you stuck it out for another couple weeks.

Part of the reason for the delay could be your choice of a 75 Yamaha. Since Yamaha introduced their new 70 hp four-stroke two years ago, it has pretty much replaced the 75. You might want to ask about availability on the 70 - they sell a ton of them, so it might be faster than the older 75.

Yeh they have them available, but it is a 60 which is pushed to 70. From what I read it's the same lower unit etc.. I've also read some reviews about slower hole shot etc with the 70 probably do to the smaller lower unit.

The 75 is a detuned 90, I think it would have a longer lifespan because it shouldn't be working as hard. I could be wrong

..i'm just a backyard mechanic LOL!

I think it is a smart move to wait for the Yammy. Like mentioned earlier, you will have this boat for years so a few weeks is minor. Just think of all those years of trolling with a nice quiet four stroke over the opti.

Part of the reason for the delay could be your choice of a 75 Yamaha. Since Yamaha introduced their new 70 hp four-stroke two years ago, it has pretty much replaced the 75. You might want to ask about availability on the 70 - they sell a ton of them, so it might be faster than the older 75.

I'm with Craig on this one as he's right.

PM sent.

Cheers G.

• 3 weeks later...

MY BOAT IS IN! YEHAAAA!! All rigged and ready to go.

Only concern is where they mounted my extra seat.

I specified they wait until I say where I want it.

Salesman just told me they already mounted it.

He said he doesn't know why because it's right on

the bill to wait for me.

Hopefully they mounted it close to where I want it or

i'm gonna have patched holes in my boat floor :(

I will post pics when I get her home SOOO EXCITED LOL!

MY BOAT IS IN! YEHAAAA!! All rigged and ready to go.

Only concern is where they mounted my extra seat.

I specified they wait until I say where I want it.

Salesman just told me they already mounted it.

He said he doesn't know why because it's right on

the bill to wait for me.

Hopefully they mounted it close to where I want it or

i'm gonna have patched holes in my boat floor :(

I will post pics when I get her home SOOO EXCITED LOL!

SWEET.....

Now go catch a fish...... :thumbsup_anim: