CTC Lindsay has a new Fishing Dept

Big Cliff

It's huge, it covers a wide range of products, apart from BP I don't think I have ever seen so much fishing related stuff in one place before.

However after spending about two hours "looking" and realizing that the jigs and plastics I wanted weren't there, I left without buying a single fishing related item. Stopped at my favorite Lindsay local bait shop, got everything I needed in less than 5 minutes and left thinking, "now I know why I like to support the local guys!"

The CTC display sure is nice though!!!!!

It's huge, it covers a wide range of products, apart from BP I don't think I have ever seen so much fishing related stuff in one place before.

However after spending about two hours "looking" and realizing that the jigs and plastics I wanted weren't there, I left without buying a single fishing related item. Stopped at my favorite Lindsay local bait shop, got everything I needed in less than 5 minutes and left thinking, "now I know why I like to support the local guys!"

Stopped by my local ct store,threw a dart at a balloon,won a new Shimano baseball cap.They had a new fishing department promo for the day.

Bob izumi couldn't make it thou.:blahblah1:

Cliff, if you are ever down Bowmanville way check out CT there, on hwy 2. A site to see. My daughter's husband runs it, brand spanking new.

Last year I needed lures for a fishing story, so I went to BPS after about 1/2 hour of looking, too much selection for me, so I bought what I thought was good for the story, nice colour etc spinner cranks etc.

I take them back and the "designer" who has never seen a fish at the end of a rod tells me they are the "WRONG" colour . :wallbash: :wallbash:

They photographed it and redid them in fotoshop :wallbash: :wallbash:

Well heck, Cliff. If CTC is in Lindsay, aren't they local too? There must be 50-60 local people working there? :)

Yes Roy, they are local too but the little guys that give you the one on one service are getting put out of business by the big guys with the deep pockets. In the roughly two hours I spent in there, not one person came up to me to see if they could help me. Queensway bait and tackle, was right there, discussed the fishing with me and gave me a good deal on what I wanted. His price was every bit as good as CTC for a similar item.

Stopped in there this winter. Debbe and I did a road trip up to the city of Kinmount and made a planned stop at Lindsays CTC on the way through cause they had a good sale on ice fishing stuff. Scored 2 rods I really liked so I was happy. The fishing guy I spoke to said all this was coming. I will have to have a look see when we are up there this week. I'm sure there are some must have's in there with my name on them. I'll send Debbe over to Mark's to check out the ladies wear just in case some of the must have stuff is $$$$.

I was there sunday at ctc found the 1/32 oz jig heads i needed, but the selection is huge for a ct they even had lowrance hds fisfinders the "7" was $999 don't now what the market price is on them, but while i was there got milk, water filters and cat food.

still prefer kawartha bait and tackle for most things just happened to be at ct

Yes Roy, they are local too but the little guys that give you the one on one service are getting put out of business by the big guys with the deep pockets. In the roughly two hours I spent in there, not one person came up to me to see if they could help me. Queensway bait and tackle, was right there, discussed the fishing with me and gave me a good deal on what I wanted. His price was every bit as good as CTC for a similar item.

Hey Cliff...where might

Queensway bait and tackle be located...Keswick ???

Yes Cliff, our local guy has what you need for jigs and plastics and for a better price on those items. Alway nice to have options though.

Right at Colbourne and Queen Street in Lindsay. Beans

We drove by that corner twice today and I didn't notice any bait and tackle shop...I know Kawartha bait and tackle is one block east of that corner on Queen St...

Did they change their name...?

We drove by that corner twice today and I didn't notice any bait and tackle shop...I know Kawartha bait and tackle is one block east of that corner on Queen St...

Did they change their name...?

Sorry Beans, you are absolutly right, don't know why I kept thinking it was Queensway? I never look at the sign, the car just knows to go in there automatically LOL.

Sorry Beans, you are absolutly right, don't know why I kept thinking it was Queensway? I never look at the sign, the car just knows to go in there automatically LOL.

Geeze...I thought I was losing it...I know I confuse a lot easier lately but...sad.gif

New departments or not... wont stop the issue of them never having ANYTHING in stock that is on sale.

Like Cliff said... I'll stick to the smaller, local guys! At least most of the ppl in the small shops KNOW something about fishing. :whistling:

I have been to that CTC Cliff the guy that was there each time I went in was great I even gave him some of my contacts I had on musky lures he asked my opinion on the ones for the area and got them in. They are a great bunch of people there it sucks that you did not get the good impression that I did from that store. I do agree with you that the guys selling bait need more support kudos to you for supporting them.

I have been to that CTC Cliff the guy that was there each time I went in was great I even gave him some of my contacts I had on musky lures he asked my opinion on the ones for the area and got them in. They are a great bunch of people there it sucks that you did not get the good impression that I did from that store. I do agree with you that the guys selling bait need more support kudos to you for supporting them.

I have been shopping in that store for years and really have never had a problem, I do like the staff. I just think that since the expansion the staff that they do have are spread a little thin. If you can flag someone down they are more than happy to help you in any way they can. I was in there on a Sunday morning so perhaps they were just short staffed.

Cliff, if you are ever down Bowmanville way check out CT there, on hwy 2. A site to see. My daughter's husband runs it, brand spanking new.

Last year I needed lures for a fishing story, so I went to BPS after about 1/2 hour of looking, too much selection for me, so I bought what I thought was good for the story, nice colour etc spinner cranks etc.

I take them back and the "designer" who has never seen a fish at the end of a rod tells me they are the "WRONG" colour . :wallbash: :wallbash:

They photographed it and redid them in fotoshop :wallbash: :wallbash:

ketchenany" Bowmanville CT store is one of the biggest in ontario, but Lindsays fishing department is way above and beyond ctc's fishing standards it would give Gagnons and bass pro a run for its money if it was closer for some.. tho the prices are somthing to be worked on.. mostly equal.. but many above level

Yeah, bowmanville CT is one of the worste IMO. I've stopped going there, because they NEVER have what I need. Doesn't matter if its fishing or not, they NEVER have what I need in that store. I will admit, the new location is a bit better, but I was in there last week and left empty handed. The lure I was looking for was sold out.....big surprise!!

The Lindsay store has always been amazing, and now its even better! The guys in bowmanville could get some lessons!!

S.