FISHHERO

BCLT

Just saw this thread from FISHHERO with his bass and then several forum tough guys laying into him! Especially OakVilleBASSTOUGHGUY! First off the guy was not fishing illigally.......... if, and that is IF you happen to catch a fish out of season...... it is NOT illigal. Secondly your claim "fish should be returned RIGHT AWAY" is a joke at best........what defines right away.

Its people like the ones wrapping off their gums to someone who was excited about a fish he caught......that give people negative attitudes towards serious anglers. Consider educating people who are making these mistakes in a way that is both positive and informative. This way they dont feel attacked and will possibly retain some information that is useful.

Ex. That is a nice fish.... but to avoid possible problems you may want to consider releasing the fish "immediately" and not posting pictures of it until the fish is in season remembering to not include the date of which it was originally caught.

EX That is an amazing fish, did you know............. yadayadayada

I will be the first one to say that the people attacking him are no saints them selves. And to have us believe you have never caught an out of season fish, or taken a picture of one, or used a lure you know will catch an out of season fish is fooling no one but yourself.

Relax a little..... support new anglers, educate them in a positive uplifting way so they retain your experience and knowlege and take something home that is useful, something that they can pass on. Im not trying to say you should accept the things missinformed or uneducated anglers do....... but embrass them and inform, and educate!

Now you just got a guy whos p*ssed off......and with the way people are these day....if you run into the guy who knows what could happen when you talked to him the way you did behind a keyboard.

Sorry if I offended you........but I call it like I see it!:thumbsup_anim:

Well said x 2.

We owe it to the resource to support our fellow fishermen and in this case provide a friendly reminder, preferably by PM. Rather can calling out the person that made the OP in front of all of his or her peers!

I don't post on here much anymore tired of getting my :asshat: chewed..........

Brutal.

A little friendly advice can go along way. Good on the guy for being excited, but I'd prefer to see the fish released immediately. It's not the end of the world though.

On this site there is pictures of carp and other species laying on mud banks, in the grass etc... So whats with that??? To me I hardly lose sleep over it, some people are really over reacting.

Alot of us watch our favorite anglers throw bass outta their boats all the time. I don't agree with it, but I still watch.

As long as I treat the fish I catch in a manner I feel good about and is legal, I'm happy with that.

That being said, these threads can be entertaining. I can't help but feel for the guy though. I've been there (with bass as well). I posted a pic and the first response I got was "learn em young", suggesting I was teaching my kids to fish OOS. A quick question(what zone are you in?) would have avoided a whole bunch of insults and name calling.

We all know the best way to get our point across is to slander a guys character and yell and scream via the keyboard, lol sarcasm.gif

Well, I just re-read the o.p and frankly, he got off light!

I certainly understand the desire to keep new folks here and interested in fishing, but based on what I read in the other thread, no one stepped over the line, well, except the OP as he did not follow both MNR rules or OFC rules. When he accepted an account here, he agreed to the terms of use... had it not been for a quick working mod, that thread would have gone nuts with folks tearing the OP a new one...

No different the another thread currently on here referring to "The MNR sucks".

Glad the guy caught a nice smallie, but he should never have posted that pic on any board.

Telling the community to go fly a kite, just adds salt to the wound.

AS usual, all this IMHO.

HH

......except the OP as he did not follow both MNR rules or OFC rules.

Just to be clear, the OFC rules state:

"We would prefer that you do not post pictures of fish caught out of season."

There's been lots of incidental OOS pics posted on this forum. Seems to me, getting 'jumped' depends on who you are, how long you've been a member and how many posts you have.

That's my nickel.

Slayer

Just to be clear, the OFC rules state:

"We would prefer that you do not post pictures of fish caught out of season."

There's been lots of incidental OOS pics posted on this forum. Seems to me, getting 'jumped' depends on who you are, how long you've been a member and how many posts you have.

That's my nickel.

Slayer

You know Slayer, you're right... I guess I defer to the "preference" of the board ownership.

As far as who you are and how many posts you have, well, I can attest to that statement as well... when I first joined here, I was definately on the outside lookin in... and that didn't sit well with me, so I did something about it... I made an effort to meet up with as many folks on here as possible... I can now state that many here are friends, some very good friends. You can only go so far typing...

You get what you put into a place like this...

HH

Yes, there's rules on this board and we're all expected to abide by them, but we've also got a team of very efficient moderators who do an excellent job of staying on top of things and when rules are broken, they look after it.

Problem here though, is we've got WAAAAY too many guys who like to be enforcers and are always telling everyone else what to do.

If you think there's a post that's breaking the rules or anything else that you think is inappropriate, use the "REPORT" button on the bottom left corner of the page and notify the mods of what you think the problem is and let THEM handle it.

Course that's just my opinion.

You know Slayer, you're right... I guess I defer to the "preference" of the board ownership.

As far as who you are and how many posts you have, well, I can attest to that statement as well... when I first joined here, I was definately on the outside lookin in... and that didn't sit well with me, so I did something about it... I made an effort to meet up with as many folks on here as possible... I can now state that many here are friends, some very good friends. You can only go so far typing...

You get what you put into a place like this...

HH

Agreed H. But not every member here has open boat invitations and a 'room at the inn' like you or I, and many others. Some are here on a very casual basis and may already have a boat load of fishing buddies. They just want to post a report. And unfortunately get 'jumped'.

I too defer to the preference. My favourite rule, is the first one:

"We'll keep it simple. Be nice and be respectful. Like your Mom probably told you, if you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all."

This specific incident being referred to here, would of been best handled via PM. We could of kept another member involved and possibly enjoyed future reports.

Cheers & tight lines,

S

I know.. not related to fishing... but I thought I'd post this picture to see what people think.

My friends were in the car and thought it would be cool

I was only doing 210 for a minute so there's no harm or foul

We all speed so it's ok

I know I'm a new to this forum but the irony of this thread and calling someone out....

fyi, I found this pic but you get the idea

imagesCA7GFZ64.jpg

Yes, there's rules on this board and we're all expected to abide by them, but we've also got a team of very efficient moderators who do an excellent job of staying on top of things and when rules are broken, they look after it.

Problem here though, is we've got WAAAAY too many guys who like to be enforcers and are always telling everyone else what to do.

If you think there's a post that's breaking the rules or anything else that you think is inappropriate, use the "REPORT" button on the bottom left corner of the page and notify the mods of what you think the problem is and let THEM handle it.

good.gif

A lot of hoopla over a bass picture.

I could go through the many posts here and find pictures of under sized musky, possesion - 0

Pictures of Atlantic Salmon, possesion - 0

Pictures of Sturgeon, no angling season locally!

Pictures of slot sized walleye, possesion - 0

Pictures of in season steelhead, laying in the mud.

Pictures of Lake Simcoe Herring, no season.

I could go on by I would think you get the point.

A picture of an OOS (way) pre spawn bass, a very hardy and prolific species doesn't warrant a lynching IMO.

I could bring up some pictures from those throwing stones..... whistling.gif

I know.. not related to fishing... but I thought I'd post this picture to see what people think.

My friends were in the car and thought it would be cool

I was only doing 210 for a minute so there's no harm or foul

We all speed so it's ok

I know I'm a new to this forum but the irony of this thread and calling someone out....

fyi, I found this pic but you get the idea

I agree. That speed is disappointingly low. But what did you expect in a lump that red-lines at 4500 RPM?

wink.gif

A lot of hoopla over a bass picture.

I could go through the many posts here and find pictures of under sized musky, possesion - 0

Pictures of Atlantic Salmon, possesion - 0

Pictures of Sturgeon, no angling season locally!

Pictures of slot sized walleye, possesion - 0

Pictures of in season steelhead, laying in the mud.

Pictures of Lake Simcoe Herring, no season.

I could go on by I would think you get the point.

A picture of an OOS (way) pre spawn bass, a very hardy and prolific species doesn't warrant a lynching IMO.

I agree 100% with this post

it just isn't a big deal..people need to chill

Very well said Lew!

LTF

I think this OP is on the mark and gentle direction is preferred over a rope and tree limb

At times I watched some poor kid---pleased as can be---wanting to belong--show a couple honkers he caught and KEPT--get tossed into the fire for keeping what was legal at the time

I feel for them---absolute happiness shot out of the sky like a clay pigeon

I think the best I ever read was someone getting raked for keeping spawning perch

Guess my point is that we all have varying levels of acceptable stewardship

But Fun should never be taken out of the equation---especially for our younger pals

I think this OP is on the mark and gentle direction is preferred over a rope and tree limb

At times I watched some poor kid---pleased as can be---wanting to belong--show a couple honkers he caught and KEPT--get tossed into the fire for keeping what was legal at the time

I feel for them---absolute happiness shot out of the sky like a clay pigeon

I think the best I ever read was someone getting raked for keeping spawning perch

Guess my point is that we all have varying levels of acceptable stewardship

But Fun should never be taken out of the equation---especially for our younger pals

A thick skin is what is needed at times here for sure,sometimes it's not worth showing what/when/where you caught anything.:angry: