Ah, beans to you Roy

misfish

Gotta love Bush Beans!!!!!!! I wish it was easier to find them here in Canada... not to many places carry them.

Edit to add: Those ribs look awesome!! (in the smoker? or the boil and BBQ method)

G

Edited by Gerritt

Edit to add: Those ribs look awesome!! (in the smoker? or the boil and BBQ method)

Dry rub,put in the fridge for 12 hours,then indirect heat at 275 on the BBQ for 4 hrs. Mop of home made sauce,on the hot grill for 3-4 minutes each side to glaze. :good: TY.

I buy the Bush beans in Foodland in Lakefield but when I was there last week they were outta stock. I went and enquired and was told their supplier no longer carries them but they were searching around for another supplier.

With my wife cruising somewhere on the Pacific Ocean I'm eating alot of beans and Heinz doesn't compare to Bush. :lol:

Edited by lew

Good for a quick fix but if you got some time :thumbsup_anim:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2TpHBoDn_Fw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

recipe can be varied, improvised or changed to suit individual tastes

Looks GOOD....but those latex gloves can be dangerous around hot items like that pot....

I buy the Bush beans in Foodland in Lakefield but when I was there last week they were outta stock. I went and enquired and was told their supplier no longer carries them but they were searching around for another supplier.

With my wife cruising somewhere on the Pacific Ocean I'm eating alot of beans and Heinz doesn't compare to Bush. :lol:

Shame on you Lew, a fireman eating out of a can! I chat York Region's finest and when they shop they seem to avoid canned goods! the best I've had with them; one asked what peanut butter should I buy - me, the one with the peanut on top - they broke up. ( my advertising training)

Venison in the Yard sound good.

Here's a treat!

Baked Beans (Traditional)

Good old-fashioned baked beans without soaking ahead of time

1 lb. dried small white beans , rinsed

41/2 cups water

1/2 cup molasses

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 onion , chopped

1/2 pound raw bacon , sliced into small pieces

2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/3 cup ketchup

1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke

In slow-cooker , combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on LOW , 13 to 14 hours , stirring occasionally , if possible. Makes 6 to 8 servings. Enjoy!

Regards,

Snowball

2 cans bans your choice - I like to mix black and kidney

2 cans Tomatoes

1/3 lb. smoked pork - strips bacon, pork hock, ham

1 onion

3-4 garlic cloves

2 split and seeded jalapeño or serrano peppers

3/4 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce

1 Tbsp. dry mustard

1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce

1 Tbsp. chili powder

salt and pepper to taste

Sauté onions and garlic in heavy dutch oven, add everything else and place the dutch oven in a smoker with lid off for at least 2 hours at 200F. You can also go indirect on a gas grill using a smoke box. If they start to dry out add a bit of beer or water to keep them liquid.

If using pork hocks remove and debone when cooked and add the meat back into the beans.

If you're feeding women, children, or Liberals you can use only half of the hot peppers.

Dan