And they wonder why spots get closed down

misfish

Yesterday I was exploring some new fishing areas.At one spot ,I walked in on this.Total disrespect.WHY WHY WHY,do people do this? :wallbash:

004.jpg

003-1.jpg

002-2.jpg

I left a message with the town.Hopefully it gets cleaned up.Im worried when they do clean it up,this area will be shut down to anglers. SHAME.

Today I finally got the chance to hook up with MJL,and Victor. Super nice guys.Nice to meet you boys today.

One from this morning.It was a fluke.Very slow to say the least.

008.jpg

Mike and I had a bit of a chuckle at victors expense. Seem he like to do things the hard way.LOL

012-1.jpg

Lets do it again boys. :clapping:

The worste part is when you put a garbage can in these spots, the garbage still gets thrown on teh ground. I'll tell ya, some of the biggest slobs are fishermen. Its disgusting!

S.

There was a garbage can Shane. It was over flowing.

Why do people do this? Easier then taking it to the dump or transfer station. No tipping fees. The ATV club I belong to cleaned up an area of shingles, construction and house garbage. Since then the area has been clean. It seems piles of garbage breed more piles of garbage.

I work for a mincipality and we are always cleaning up messes like this . There is one spot that we clean up once a week the 4 foot by 4 foot sign does nothing to stop it just makes it hard for us to clean it up. People are to cheap to pay to dump it . One year over a few weeks the same guy renovated his house first it was loads of plaster then insolation then drywall. Would love to dump it back in there lap

I work for a mincipality and we are always cleaning up messes like this . There is one spot that we clean up once a week the 4 foot by 4 foot sign does nothing to stop it just makes it hard for us to clean it up. People are to cheap to pay to dump it . One year over a few weeks the same guy renovated his house first it was loads of plaster then insolation then drywall. Would love to dump it back in there lap

We have the same problem. The worste spots are the fishing holes. Always tons of garbage. They are the worst slobs. The parks are usually ok if there is nowhere to fish, but if there is fishing, you can always count on garbage spread from one end to the other. It royally pisses me off!

S.

I used to work in an area called a ZEC here in Quebec. There were quite a few dumps in the beginning. All were the work of cottage owners who did not want to haul their junk to town. Some of these dumps got quite large even though the oldest cottages dated from only about the 1950's.

When I first arrived in the region I'm living in right now (1968), people from the region who went hunting or fishing with me found it strange that I picked up any garbage I found in the bush. Ok, I did not pick up anything made of metal or ordinary paper but I did pick up plastic and glass bottles....as much as I could carry back to the vehicle.

Yes....people litter less than before. It's mostly the younger crowd that litter less often. I don't mean those that are under 20 years old because they leave lots of junk when they party in some secluded spot but those that are in their early 20's to 40's.

Once, I was very disappointed when I went fishing for a weekend with a group of fishermen from a fishing forum. Before they left, they threw their garbage in a pile and put it on fire. I was the last to leave so I put out the fire and put everything in plastic bags and put it in the garbage when I got home. I would have thought that at least this group would be more aware of littering but I got a good lesson there. Everyone in the group were from a big city.

Now, I set the rules straight when we get to the campsite....no burning of garbage. If it can be hauled in, it can be hauled out.

sadly, almost everything in that first pic (paint cans/oil) doesn't even cost anything to dump. every recyclable thing in those piles is free.

not enough education/awareness? i doubt it would make any difference.

i had a post like this yanked a while ago for the meer suggestion BTW

People often dump stuff near my Dad's house so one day after a big pile of junk was left he sifted through it hoping to find a piece of mail or something to be able to identify who did it. Instead he found a brand new 300 piece socket set. The next morning he noticed the pile had been shifted around again...the guy must have realized he accidentally shoveled it out along with the junk and came back looking for it in the night. My Dad gave me the socket set...he didn't even want it. He was just glad the litter bug had to buy a new one.

I know a limit of one bag of garbage,and paying $2 or $3 for a tag for extra bags didn't help either.Now most of the industrial dumpsters are locked because of this as well. Cameras added in a lot of these areas.

Some people won't pay money to get rid of garbage.

Edited by davey buoy

Mike & I did scout out that area and came across the same garbage pile on our way out. It's a shame to see for sure.

In terms of fishing I got a smolt there and Mike landed a shaker, that's about it.

It was nice finally meeting you as well. That fish you got wasn't a fluke at all and you definitely worked for it (both you and Mike called it too haha "That's gotta be a fish in that log jam; Mike - probably"; shortly after, BAM!)

oh and it's not the first time I got destroyed by a fish with the wood ... gotta go back for redemption!

Sad indeed and unfortunately it happens everywhere Brian. wallbash.gif

The upside is you were in great company, I know MJL and would like to meet Victor someday, both solid guys. thumbsup_anim.gif

If you care to make yourself a carp rod and get a baitrunner I know where you might find them this summer...laugh.gif

I had to challenge a work colleague about leaving all their beer bottles in a spot i saw them at. He denied it point blank to my face....never liked him anyway.

What peeeees me off is that its the locals that are doing this here, the same ones who are the first on their ignorant, vigilante soapboxes on many other 'issues' that they claim are detrimental to their quality of life, including the bad behaviour of 'Americans' who visit here.

NICE FISH BTW!

Not excusing anyone who dumps stuff in the bush but I did have an interesting conversation with a refrigeration technician the other day though.

Apparently he is almost the only guy left in Dryden willing to empty the gas from an old fridge so you can get a sticker to take it to the dump.

Cost over $100 to do it anyway...and took me a whole afternoon to find this one guy. Now he says they are being asked to re-train again at their own cost or something to allow them to continue to do the work, that's why nobody will do it because its not profitable for them anymore...even at $100 for a couple minutes work!!!

He says "you should see how many old fridges are in the bush".

Sounds like a trailcam tucked away up high in a tree should make it easy for you to solve your problem at this spot, if it's that frequent!

If you care to make yourself a carp rod and get a baitrunner I know where you might find them this summer...laugh.gif

Sitting right next to you I'd imagine Norm. ;)

While I don't have a designated carp rod per say I'm sure I could find something in my rod rack that'd do the job. thumbsup_anim.gif

Sitting right next to you I'd imagine Norm. ;)

While I don't have a designated carp rod per say I'm sure I could find something in my rod rack that'd do the job. thumbsup_anim.gif

Although I prefer fishing the kawarthas for carp I will definitely check out some swims in the hammer hoping for some monsters soon time. Maybe one of these days we can hookup!