NF Gas War Starts May 1st 2012 Pass It On

Roe Bag

Copied and pasted from an email I just received.

GAS WAR STARTS MAY 1st 2012

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.00 PER LITRE.

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Haliburton. If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea. This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 1.50 a litre by this summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action. The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas ...

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can Really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $.99 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $1.28 at SUNOCO and ESSO for regular unleaded in Hamilton and Ottawa and climbing every week.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $.87 to .99, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.

But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), SUNOCO(PETRO CANADA) and ESSO.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of SUNOCO(PETRO CANADA ) and ESSO gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers .

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!

Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from SUNOCO, PETRO CANADA and ESSO UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $.99 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

REMEMBER – STARTING MAY 1st NO GAS FROM ESSO / PETROCAN / SUNOCO!

Who knows? Could be worth a shot.

well first

it should start on the 4th of May

then people could walk around and say "May the 4th be with you" fighting the evil gas empire

and all that jedi power would help the movement for sure

but a stated, it has never worked before

well first

it should start on the 4th of May

then people could walk around and say "May the 4th be with you" fighting the evil gas empire

and all that jedi power would help the movement for sure

but a stated, it has never worked before

:jerry::sarcasm:

If the " plan" would work and everyone were to abide by it .... Ya know what?

The plan would work..... for about 10 minutes .

The distributors would soon create a war on a Middle-East country ,claiming that our supplies are at risk....

At the 15 minute mark the price will rise again ....

OPEC can kiss my horse.....

with the nice weather coming my bicycle is getting a tune up this weekend and it will be biking to and from work again this summer. Saved myself a good deal on gas expenses last year and will do it as long as my ass and legs will let me. Now if more people did that that would hurt the gas companies.

Warning intended for mature audiences

Edited by Musky or Specks

I don't buy from those 3 anyways. Lots of small stations always selling gas for cheaper.

There are 3 major refineries that distribute fuel to ALL stations in Ontario.. You're buying their gas without even knowing it.

How do you figure this will work?

If I don't buy gas that day, I will have to buy it the next day. These things never make any sense to me. The gas companies will get their money one way or another. If they lose, they raise the price....its that simple.

S.

the radio stations controlled the gas wars in Alberta years ago....all they had to do was advertise the best gas prices in town...and people flocked to the stations....it worked well but fizzled out as soon as the big guys lowered their prices the momentum was broken...and all went back to gouging again...there were a few small stations that went under too because they couldnt afford to reduce the price...

There are 3 major refineries that distribute fuel to ALL stations in Ontario.. You're buying their gas without even knowing it.

But not at their mark up. Every Esso, Sunoco and Petrocan is pegged 2-3 cents more than the small chains here.

How do you figure this will work?

If I don't buy gas that day, I will have to buy it the next day.

S.

It's not about one day. It's about boycotting the three mentioned. In my neck of the woods, Sunoco has been rebranded Husky. If everyone avoids them. Buys from a competitor. It has to have an impact somewhere in the system.

Suppose Ramp X is gouging. Eveyone starts driving down the road to Ramp Y. Do you not think Ramp X might have to change his tune?

Edited by kwikfish

Petro Canada and Imperial Oil(Esso) are the main refiners in Canada so even when you buy from the little guys you are buying from them essentialy. What is needed is increased refining capacities, there hasn't been a new refinery built in North America for almost 30 years now because of strict environmental conditions that must be met to get approval. The time to get approval can take about 10 years, so until you can increase refining those that have control of that have control of the prices.

it can work if everyone will stick to it this is NOT the STOP FOR ONE DAY CRAP this is BOYCOT THE MAJOR RETAILERS. Another thing is DO NOT SPEND ANYTHING INSIDE THERE STORES they make cash there also. Even thought the mom and pop places buy there gas from the big boys it will still hurt them as they make a killing on there stores have you ever wondered why they have so many new things in there store its covenant shopping STOP that and they will lower the price to get you back. Esso here in Chatham is always one of the first to raise the price Petro only goes down to stay in touch with 7/11. Our shell station is usually good for prices but I buy most from 7/11.

If everyone or most would stop worrying about there air miles or what ever points they get for a few months this could work yes we all need gas but they are just asking us to not hit the major retailer stores. Let give it a try I will for sure what can it hurt lets not do like we have in the past and PISS ON A IDEA BEFORE IT HAS EVEN STARTED.

It's not about one day. It's about boycotting the three mentioned. In my neck of the woods, Sunoco has been rebranded Husky. If everyone avoids them. Buys from a competitor. It has to have an impact somewhere in the system.

Suppose Ramp X is gouging. Eveyone starts driving down the road to Ramp Y. Do you not think Ramp X might have to change his tune?

You got it, :good: it's got to hurt some way. If we just sit, we deserve what we get.

Petro Canada and Imperial Oil(Esso) are the main refiners in Canada so even when you buy from the little guys you are buying from them essentialy.

Perhaps! But how many gas stations do you think they want to see sitting idle because people are avoiding them???????

Edited by kwikfish

it can work if everyone will stick to it this is NOT the STOP FOR ONE DAY CRAP this is BOYCOT THE MAJOR RETAILERS. Another thing is DO NOT SPEND ANYTHING INSIDE THERE STORES they make cash there also. Even thought the mom and pop places buy there gas from the big boys it will still hurt them as they make a killing on there stores have you ever wondered why they have so many new things in there store its covenant shopping STOP that and they will lower the price to get you back. Esso here in Chatham is always one of the first to raise the price Petro only goes down to stay in touch with 7/11. Our shell station is usually good for prices but I buy most from 7/11.

If everyone or most would stop worrying about there air miles or what ever points they get for a few months this could work yes we all need gas but they are just asking us to not hit the major retailer stores. Let give it a try I will for sure what can it hurt lets not do like we have in the past and PISS ON A IDEA BEFORE IT HAS EVEN STARTED.

Mike I want you in my army :good:

There used to be a small gas chain around richmond hill, it was called olco it always had prices at about 5-10 cents cheaper and it was full serve! But only the locals knew about it so all of the people from the hwy 7 and hwy 407 right down the street just went to the shell, people won't go to the local stores if they don't know that they exist, the idea would work it would just be hard for people to find the stations sometimes. Also if we all buy from the small stores then they have a major boost in revenue and maybe they expand their station, you know put in a few more pumps, if when the major companies lower their prices and we leave the smaller ones then they can't afford those changes they just made and suddenly they go under. BUT I still think that if we didn't all just flock back to the big brands and maybe put in the extra time to find little stations this plan could WORK!

There used to be a small gas chain around richmond hill, it was called olco it always had prices at about 5-10 cents cheaper and it was full serve! But only the locals knew about it so all of the people from the hwy 7 and hwy 407 right down the street just went to the shell, people won't go to the local stores if they don't know that they exist, the idea would work it would just be hard for people to find the stations sometimes. Also if we all buy from the small stores then they have a major boost in revenue and maybe they expand their station, you know put in a few more pumps, if when the major companies lower their prices and we leave the smaller ones then they can't afford those changes they just made and suddenly they go under. BUT I still think that if we didn't all just flock back to the big brands and maybe put in the extra time to find little stations this plan could WORK!

Small stores get there gas from the same place the big ones do...

They still have to pay for it!

Huh? Of course they pay for it... You realize regardless if you buy fuel at a Esso branded station, the odds are extremely good that the little mom and pop gas station down the street is also using Esso fuel?