WOW! What a day!! An Mini OFNC gathering for a great cause!

Gerritt

Well today was the day for a little shopping spree!!! And man did we ever shop shop shop!

Today was also a day for a bunch of OFC'rs to meet each other...

But last and most importantly we met and opened our collective wallets for a great cause, Helping out a fellow OFC'r and a child that is dealing with way more then most adults could even comprehend. The people I am talk about are Speedtroll and his Son Chris.. incase a few of you dont know Chris has been battling Cancer for a long time now, and he has hasnt lost his will to fight... nor have we lost our collective will to stand behind him and his father and encourage them to fight the hardest battle of all... a chance at life itself.

If some of you have read the sticky thread called "A Summer to remember" you'll understand alot of what is happening with this family. You'll also know that alot of big names have come out to give Chris a memorable summer. A summer he will never forget.. Following along those lines a bunch of us figured well he is going fishing.... he needs some gear to fish with!! we knew the rod and real were taken care of... so we figured we would handle the rest..

There are a ton of people that need thanking here. I hope I do not forget anyone!

First of all Chris, Thank you for being such a fighter, you are an inspiration to us all, infact alot of the adults here could learn alot from you, what it is to be brave but still afraid, strong but still fragile. But most of all what it takes to have the guts to continue the fight. You have been in alot of people thoughts for a long time, I hope and pray that your higher power is watching over you and protecting you.

Next to Corey, you setup a great thing here brother! good on you for showing just what being an OFC'r is all about!

Bass Pro Shops, All I can say is WOW! we were all impressed with your generous gifts for Chris, as well as the discount given for the articles we purchased for him, your firm is definably a class act, on a personal note I would like to thank Al the duty manager at the time for making everything go smoothly... You will definably see this OFC'r again. THANK YOU!

I would also like to thank Bill's Bait N Tackle, Fishing World andFishmaster Bait and Tackle for their Generous donations! each and everyone of you have earned my business for being stand up folks and donating to a very worthwhile cause.

I would Like to thank Jen as well not only did she run arounf and collect the donations from the 3 mentioned above but she also bought Chris a bunch of stuff as well! Thank you Jen for being yet another OFC'r I would consider a friend. You have shown me you have a great heart.

HeyBud, Tracker, Skeeter nice to see you guys there and it was nice to have finally met you and go shopping for our favourite items... Fishing stuff!! all three of you are truely awesome guys, I would be honoured to share my boat or fishing hole with you anytime, it is nice to see each of you show dedication to this cause, and for that I thank you. It will soon not be forgotten.

I took a couple of pictures of everything that will be donated to Chris and his Father

Could someone please send me SpeedTrolls Phone number if you have it, so I can get all this stuff to him?

DSC01670.jpg

DSC01669.jpg

DSC01668.jpg

DSC01667.jpg

DSC01666.jpg

Again thank you to everyone, I am sure our little contribution will make Chris smile... after all that is what it is all about.

Damn am I proud to be an OFC'r!

Gerritt.

Edited by Gerritt
Gerritt missed a bracket..snicker.

It was definately a blast. It makes me proud to try and help make memories that will last forever. This just goes to show how far our community will go to help make life better for people where we can.

Huge thanks goes out to Bill's Bait & Tackle, Fishmaster, Fishing World & Bass Pro Shops!

Tracker, Hey Bud & Skeeter... what can I say? You guys went far and beyond anything I was expecting!

Lastly, Gerritt and Jen... you guys are terrific. Thank you for backing me up on this idea... I hope we get to see the smile on Chris's face when he gets out and uses this stuff for some ever lasting memories. I hope we get some pics and/or video of his fishing adventures!

Great time for a great cause! What more can be said. I only hope this keeps the ball rolling for making other peoples dreams come true.

If any of you are unaware of why we did this, please read the link that Gerritt posted. In addition to the people and places that we mentioned, there are numerous other people who really got this thing going. These people have given so much from themselves simply for the fact that it will put a smile on a child's face. How can you ask for anything better?

Thanks to all involved!

Corey

it was a great to meet up you fellas, corey, gerrit, Jen, Tracker, skeeter you guys are truly great people for doing this, and i give you 100 % respect! and i would love to fish with you guys in the future...

as for me, i have to pack for my adventure to tennessee... :) Bud

There is nothing more I could add to the posts already made here!

Other than WOW!!!!!!!!

To everyone here for having such big hearts... a little bit of hope goes a very very long way!

May our thoughts, wishes and prayers be with them as they walk through each and every day!

Jen

(It was wonderful meeting everyone today! What great people each and every one of you are!)