BPS rant

bramptonjerry

went down this afternoon, not as busy as I had experienced in past years. All quality rods on sale were picked bare...very little to choose from, was gonna buy a reel but the line up at the counter was at least 1/2 hour to get served, the usual guys were very helpful and the usual guys were huddled together in groups of 3 or 4 pretending not to notice that people were looking for help...did not come away with a good feeling at all...can we please get some competition around here for them, I even eaves dropped on what must have been a managers comments about the lack of product on the shelves...was very dissapointed today

This will be my second year not going to the basspro spring sale. The fad is gone for me. I have found my local store has more of the items i use. prices are 20 percent higher aswell at basspro.

I was going to stop in but the parking lot was packed at 10:45 so I did not even try to go there with my transport there was room on the south side but I did not want to get boxed in.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

bps is more of an amusement park for grown men than an outdoors store. i would rather hit a specialty shop any day of the week. even when i order online, i like dealing with cabelas. :santa:

Salmon Pro,Steelhead Pro or Musky Pro then i would go....Bass Pro?? pleah....not even a real fish is it :whistling:

O know you didn't just say that :jerry: Musky...pfft the fish that dies if you fight it out..some almighty they are :tease:

Bass Pro is a fun store, I like the fish tank and the boats...bout it for me.

bps is more of an amusement park for grown men than an outdoors store. i would rather hit a specialty shop any day of the week. even when i order online, i like dealing with cabelas. :santa:

Yup, that's how I see it. Pretty much just a place to kill a few hours. Kids love to go see the store, I only go if I really need something from there or if there's a sale item I can't let slip away for the price. Otherwise, its just someplace for fun for the kids.

BPS gets 2 visits a year. Once, before Christmas to give the Mrs some gift ideas. Once if I'm running home early from a fishing trip and the traffic is too heavy. I hate sitting 3 hours just to get through Toronto.

Edited by bigugli

BPS gets 2 visits a year. Once, before Christmas to give the Mrs some gift ideas. Once if I'm running home early from a fishing trip and the traffic is too heavy. I hate sitting 3 hours just to get through Toronto.

I ALWAYS THOUGHT THEY HAD GOOD PRICES BUT I THINK I GOT CAUGHT UP IN ALL THE DECOR...IS SHOP FOR MY LURES AT LEBARONS...WAY BETTER PRICES AND GOOD KNOWLEDGEABLE PEOPLE

I ALWAYS THOUGHT THEY HAD GOOD PRICES BUT I THINK I GOT CAUGHT UP IN ALL THE DECOR...IS SHOP FOR MY LURES AT LEBARONS...WAY BETTER PRICES AND GOOD KNOWLEDGEABLE PEOPLE

I haven't been to a LeBaron's since the old Willowdale store. Got treated like dirt the last time there. I walked in after work, and after asking for some help selecting a new reel, I was led to the discount reels and told I might have better luck at Zellers. I will never step foot into any business posessing such an arrogant attitude.

All quality rods on sale were picked bare...very little to choose from, was gonna buy a reel but the line up at the counter was at least 1/2 hour to get served

I was there day one, square one. Friday March 9 at 10:00 am. All the quality rods were picked bare then and you couldn't get near the reel counter. I only had a small list. Couldn't fill half of it. Ended up leaving with three items totalling less than $25.

Factor in the travel time and the gas and I got beat big time!

If you're gonna have a sale, at least have some product on the shelves!

Edited by kwikfish

For me its not so much the lack of stock or specialty stuff, or new stuff to the market, or the latest trends, or the competative prices or the actualy helpful stuff staff that seem interested in helping, or the management that is completly beligerant.... Nah... Its not one thing for me... Its pretty much everything. Fortunatly when I have had to make complaints to the head office in the US of A they were dealth with quickly. Basspro has become walmart, on occaision you go because they have some of everything but don't expect much.