BPS rant

bramptonjerry

I never really spent alot of time at BPS, maybe 1/2 dozen times or so over the years. My wife enjoys wandering around the mall so we'd usually go up at Christmas, do BPS, the Mall and then have lunch and head home.

I always enjoyed my trips there and can honestly say I never really had a bad experience.

99% of my musky gear comes from JB's so I never really bought any fishing stuff at BPS but I bought some camping gear there and a couple rain suits.

I like the store and enjoy wandering around but haven't been there in a year or so but will maybe make the trip down there again someday.

Ditto with what Lew said, I like going once in a while spent the day there Saturday did the mall crawl with the wife and then a nice dinner at the Keg.

Never had a bad experience at BPS, Mike at the electronics counter was very helpful in getting me what I wanted! :Gonefishing:

Edited by lookinforwalleye

I used to buy all my gear at bass pro but lately my brother and I have been buying most of our gear from tackle warehouse. They have the brand new items well before bass pro carries them. There shipping prices are so reasonable that it is close to what it would cost for us to drive to bass pro. When I factor in the significantly lower prices, tackle warehouse gets my business.

I've been in 4 or 5 BPS in the US. They feel different than the one in Vaughan. There's more choice, especially in clothing, and the staff work hard to be pleasant. There's two I particularly liked; the one in Prattville, AL has the nicest people. The one in Lawrenceville, GA, outside Atlanta is really big with great selections.

I haven't been to a LeBaron's since the old Willowdale store. Got treated like dirt the last time there. I walked in after work, and after asking for some help selecting a new reel, I was led to the discount reels and told I might have better luck at Zellers. I will never step foot into any business posessing such an arrogant attitude.

CAN'T BLAME YOU THERE, I AM THE SAME WAY..I GIVE SOMEONE THE CHANCE TO TAKE MY MONEY ONCE AND IF IT LEAVES A BAD TASTE IN MY MOUTH, I SIMPLY DON'T RETURN...

I've been in 4 or 5 BPS in the US. They feel different than the one in Vaughan. There's more choice, especially in clothing, and the staff work hard to be pleasant. There's two I particularly liked; the one in Prattville, AL has the nicest people. The one in Lawrenceville, GA, outside Atlanta is really big with great selections.

I aree,at least with the vaughn store,Last wednesday when I was there I heard a fellow saying "Why don't you carry the higher end reel I'm asking for?You tell me you only carry them in the states".Can't repeat the last few words.

Was there today. Reel service was good, just for the two customers in front of me though, as I waited for 15 minutes with the reel I wanted in my hand to no avail. However, I did find them quite polite, as many said "excuse me" as they strolled in front of my "where is that thing I'm looking for" glare. Must of happened three times at least. I wasn't asked to be helped, the whole time. But, I'm not sure there's a better place to get lost in! My eyes must've lit up a few times! Saw the 13" Grandma for the first time lol. Also Kermies are in a sales bin. Our classifieds seem to be the best place to shop for gear