Foam vs Cork

bucktail

I am starting to feel like an old man with my cork handled rods ( mostly Loomis and St Croix ).

Can someone who switched from cork to foam please offer up there opinion on there likes and dislikes.

Is there any difference in sensitivity and more important handling in cold weather. I have a Core on the way and want it to be a part of a super light weight crankbait combo for smallies and such.

Thanks

:unsure:

Darren

Love cork. Hate the synthetic stuff.

My head is willing to allow that the today's synthetic stuff (not that foam junk from 25 years ago) is likely better, lighter, and more sensitive, but my heart does not care, and never will. In time I am sure my kids will snicker and make fun of me, but I will not waver.

I love cork but maybe it's just because cork handles ended up on all the G.Loomis and St Croix rods that I own. Doesn't mean I won't buy a Cumulus or Cumara, they feel and fish amazing. Anybody who won't fish a high end "foam" grip is crazy.

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher

If a fishing rod and a cork handle costs 110 dollars together and the fishing rod is a 100 dollars more than the cork handle how much does the cork handle cost?

Not enough!!

Good cork costs way more than $10 to build a handle!!!

Really good cork is $3-$4 a ring.

I have seen factory rods that look like they have nice cork handles, but when you start to disassemble the handle it's a cheap plastic cylinder with 1/8" cork covering!!

If a fishing rod and a cork handle costs 110 dollars together and the fishing rod is a 100 dollars more than the cork handle how much does the cork handle cost?

10 dollars is not the answer to the riddle..... Try again. :)

I'll need some more punctuation then.