Fire Ron Wilson??

grimsbylander

Positive beyond a shadow of a doubt.I am not saying the Leafs are his only team or even his first team of choice but he does want to play in Toronto that I do know.

Highest grossing team has nothing to do with making the playoffs.With the cap in place all teams operate under the same restraints.With that said many teams are operating under those conditions andf thriving,Toronto is not.

I don't know about that. He had the option to sign anywhere he wanted a couple years back when he was a free agent. What did he do?

I would love to see him in a Leafs uniform, but not if they have to trade every prospect they have to get him in the summer.

I don't know about that. He had the option to sign anywhere he wanted a couple years back when he was a free agent. What did he do?

I would love to see him in a Leafs uniform, but not if they have to trade every prospect they have to get him in the summer.

When he signed promises were made and not accomplished.Not all what he thought it would be.He now wants out,even said so in a TV interview.Take it for what its worth,believe me or not but I can say with 100% certainty he would welcome a trade to Toronto.

Every coach reaches the point where the playeers aren't listening anymore. He is still a good coach but he's used all the one liners; all the rabbits are out of the hat and the players aren't willing to play for him anymore. Time to move on. They are a young team and i doubt he relates well to the kids on the team.

Positive beyond a shadow of a doubt.I am not saying the Leafs are his only team or even his first team of choice but he does want to play in Toronto that I do know.

Highest grossing team has nothing to do with making the playoffs.With the cap in place all teams operate under the same restraints.With that said many teams are operating under those conditions andf thriving,Toronto is not.

I will agree Rick Nash would be a great addition to any team. As far as the Salary Cap goes MLSE has thrown good money after bad for years and it has been an utter embarrassment . IMO the primary reason so many teams are thriving and are still in the hunt for a playoff spot this late in the season is that the three point game has watered down much of the competition in order to keep the American fans interested and hopeful. This might be due to the fact that Gargoyle Bettman still believes that he can fool Americans that only see snow and ice on television into choosing hockey over the NFL, NBA and MLB, not to mention the equivalent sports at the College level. Just my three cents.

Ps. Dale Talon Built the Hawks into a Championship Team and if Panthers ownership is patient and willing to pony up he is well on his way to building another Contender in Florida. Both those teams recently beat the Leafs on back to back nights.

It's March 1, coming up on midnight, and I'm in Winnipeg for the Mid-Canada Boat Show. My hotel is pretty close to the MTS Centre, and Jets fans are still going nuts out in the street after they smoked Florida and nailed down - for the moment at least - a playoff spot.

It's exciting to be here tonight. This is what hockey is all about. You'd think the Jets just won the cup the way these people are partying.

And the Loafs back home in Toronto? Tonight they're 5 points out of a playoff spot, and sitting 22nd place in a 30-team league (some may recall that back in September I predicted they would finish the year between 25th and 30th place. I'm still confident that's where they'll finish).

Something has to be done back home. Wilson is dead man walking. So what are the odds of Burke offering the job to his old pal Randy Carlyle? I'll make another fearless prediction and say there will be a discussion, and probably sooner rather than later.

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

Burke is just waiting for the US dollar to get a bit stronger to let his bud Ronnie go.

Promote Dallas Eakins! Lets not let another awesome coach in the leaf system get away like Crawford or Quenneville.

Edited by Harrison

Burke is just waiting for the US dollar to get a bit stronger to let his bud Ronnie go.

Promote Dallas Eakins! Lets not let another awesome coach in the leaf system get away like Crawford or Quenneville.

I would consider trading in my blue and white if crawford ever stepped behind the bench. He is worse than an American, a true Canadian Traitor. A disgrace to Canadian hockey.

As for Wilson, I really don't think Burke will do anything until the end of the season, but if they lose to Montreal it is clear that on any other team he would be out the door. Seriously with the schedule the leafs have coming up a coaching change doesn't feel like it will make a hill of beans.

Mtl, Boston, Pits, Phil, Wash, Florida, Tampa, Ottawa, Boston, Isl, Jersey, Rangers, Canes, Phili, Buff, Buff, Tamp, Montreal

I would say the only saving grace is the last 4 games of the season. If they can hang in with a couple points of 8th place its possible. Just highly unlikely. They can lose 5 games, and likely make a good run for a play off spot.

So they need to win all the games they should win...Thats

Montreal x2, Tampa x2, Canes, Isles

That leaves 12 games

They absolutely need to win the 4 games against the other contenders with Buff x2, Flor, Wash

Down to 8 games.

Then take your pick of dropping five of these... I like the leafs against Pits and Ottawa, Boston is pretty much a write off, Phili will be tough as will jersey as the leafs don't play well against trappers.

Boston x2

Pits

Philx2

Ottawa

New Jersey

Rangers

It's starting to look grim but if we continue to drop games against the bottom feeders, its time to clear off some tee times.

This team came out of the gate on fire... many teams around the legue remarked at how quick they were and how difficult it was to play against them.

Flash forward a few months and they can't even make one pass to get out of their own end... I find myself scratching my head trying to figure out how one of the fasted teams in the league, has become a group of butt draggers?

Can I blame the coach? The coach aint on the ice skating!

Unfortuantely, my early season prediction is coming true... blue and white disease had hit full on...

I think I'm beginning to become a Jets fan!

HH

I would consider trading in my blue and white if crawford ever stepped behind the bench. He is worse than an American, a true Canadian Traitor. A disgrace to Canadian hockey.

As for Wilson, I really don't think Burke will do anything until the end of the season, but if they lose to Montreal it is clear that on any other team he would be out the door. Seriously with the schedule the leafs have coming up a coaching change doesn't feel like it will make a hill of beans.

Mtl, Boston, Pits, Phil, Wash, Florida, Tampa, Ottawa, Boston, Isl, Jersey, Rangers, Canes, Phili, Buff, Buff, Tamp, Montreal

I would say the only saving grace is the last 4 games of the season. If they can hang in with a couple points of 8th place its possible. Just highly unlikely. They can lose 5 games, and likely make a good run for a play off spot.

So they need to win all the games they should win...Thats

Montreal x2, Tampa x2, Canes, Isles

That leaves 12 games

They absolutely need to win the 4 games against the other contenders with Buff x2, Flor, Wash

Down to 8 games.

Then take your pick of dropping five of these... I like the leafs against Pits and Ottawa, Boston is pretty much a write off, Phili will be tough as will jersey as the leafs don't play well against trappers.

Boston x2

Pits

Philx2

Ottawa

New Jersey

Rangers

It's starting to look grim but if we continue to drop games against the bottom feeders, its time to clear off some tee times.

I thought a laff fan was a laff fan for life? Now you say you would trade in the blue and white!!! What if Crawford was a good fit? At this point the laffs should consider any possibility, what they have obviously isn't working.

The only thing I can see that would improve the team is a new GM and maybe coach, all the wind and Bull Burke slung around when he first came to the laffs is a joke now. He hasn't achieved a single thing, period!

Ridiculous!!

Gotta say, im all aboard the Eakins bus. He employs the same game plan as Wilson, but can deal with the youth better than Ron can. I think that if another coach comes in, he'll bolt at the first offer. Especially when you consider any incoming coach will have some term on his contract. Eakins may feel, at that point, like he may never get a shot with the blue and white.

This team came out of the gate on fire... many teams around the legue remarked at how quick they were and how difficult it was to play against them.

Flash forward a few months and they can't even make one pass to get out of their own end... I find myself scratching my head trying to figure out how one of the fasted teams in the league, has become a group of butt draggers?

Can I blame the coach? The coach aint on the ice skating!

Unfortuantely, my early season prediction is coming true... blue and white disease had hit full on...

I think I'm beginning to become a Jets fan!

HH

Band wagon jumping not allowed LOL.:wallbash:

Band wagon jumping not allowed LOL.:wallbash:

Ha Ha... in reality, I am still on the same "bandwagon" I was back in September/October... I didn't think that they would make the playoffs then either!

Still a Leaf fan, just getting wiser after 40 odd years! LMAO

HH

I gave the Leafs 30 of my years----after they traded Andrychuck---Wendall---and eventually Dougie

I seen enough----The Sens at the time were a bunch of kids just wantin to play---no high priced talent like other teams---just drive---it was fun watchin hockey again---except the Yashin stuff

Its too late to change coaches now. Ride it out and take the time to get a coach that fits the plan as soon as Burke tells us what the REAL plan is? I can't get over the lack of truculance. I think the opposition could run the goalie from centre ice and nobody except Brown would respond. Where's the sandpaper Burke eluded to? And why did Wilson give them the day off? I think the coach just tossed the towel.

Edited by Oggie

I gave the Leafs 30 of my years----after they traded Andrychuck---Wendall---and eventually Dougie

I seen enough----The Sens at the time were a bunch of kids just wantin to play---no high priced talent like other teams---just drive---it was fun watchin hockey again---except the Yashin stuff

I was a Leaf fan when the Dead Sea was still just slightly ill! :wallbash:

HH

Comment justified, I stand corrected

I figured someone would get the meaning of that statement. I could never forgive Crawford for that. The look on The Great One's face is still etched into my brain like it was yesterday.

If I remember correctly

Fleury, borque, newenndyke, Lindros, Shanahan.

I remember almost falling on the ground when I heard this list. HOW is it possible? What happened? Then they panned over the bench and you could catch glimpse of gretz. Wow I couldn't believe it. On the bench? Riding the pine?

No offense to Borque, one the the great players to play the game. But NOT the greatest.

Joe had a great olympics so yah, Lindros, yah, Fleury, umm I dunno, I guess so. Shanny? I love Shanny, but I dunno about that one either.

Edited by jedimaster