Icing Lakers and Whitefish

trapshooter

Been putting some time into chasing lakers and whitefish. My buddy Mike from Kenora came over for

a trip. Overall we did pretty well, not huge numbers but quality fish.

I'm just going to let the pictures roll.....

P2091214+2.JPG

P2141218.JPG

P2141221.JPG

P2141225+2.JPG

P2141220.JPG

P2141228.JPG

P2141234.JPG

This next fish was the highlight of my trip, maybe my season. It's not

massive big, but a real nice fish... great fight and I really like how the pics

turned out... so I'm posting 3 pics of the same fish. :rolleyes:

IMG_1200.JPG

IMG_1203.JPG

IMG_1205+2.jpg

It hit a lindy darter about 5 mins after I tied it on and dropped it down.

IMG_1206.JPG

IMG_1210.JPG

I think Mike was most impressed with this Ling.

IMG_1213+2.JPG

IMG_1212.JPG

IMG_1217.JPG

IMG_1220.JPG

Overall it has been a great season on the ice. March is usually the best month, so lots of ice fishing to look forward to yet!

Beauty Lakers all around! I totally get what you're saying about the Laker that wasn't the biggest but most impressive. I felt the same way after landing a larger sized laker outside of Simcoe. I've caught bigger in Simcoe but that one was much more memorable.

Thanks everyone.

Nice Ben.....real nice. I hope we can half way emulate that on Monday. If you were at Bull did you try any of those new depth contours? I dont have a GPS so its a bit hit and miss for me...just wondering,

Hey Simon - yeah a few of those trout are from there. The only other spot I tried is along that shoreline where I talked to you back in early January. Went there twice and caught 4 lakers and a couple wf. 35 fow. I need to get in there this spring/summer with a boat/graph and handheld GPS!!

Thanks everyone.

Hey Simon - yeah a few of those trout are from there. The only other spot I tried is along that shoreline where I talked to you back in early January. Went there twice and caught 4 lakers and a couple wf. 35 fow. I need to get in there this spring/summer with a boat/graph and handheld GPS!!

I've trying to convince people i know with smaller boats to sail down the creek in there for years...so far no takers...lol.

Do you know if the camp would let you use their launch?

I've trying to convince people i know with smaller boats to sail down the creek in there for years...so far no takers...lol.

Do you know if the camp would let you use their launch?

I have heard that he doesn't. So you need a boat small enough to hand-bomb into the creek.

Apparently our friend, Mr. Greenpants, has permission for the camp launch though!