Yes theres ice,but I,ll take the river

misfish

Was not sure what to expect this morning as far as river conditions. The weather has been crazy. Would it be high and dirty and fast? Just so you know,it wouldnt matter,as I was :Gonefishing: . I arrived just as daylight was approaching.Snow mixed with some freezing rain greeted me. Get suited up and start the long walk. Note to self. When temps are close to zero and your walking a good klick or two,wear light wadders not neoprenes. :wallbash:

I didnt see a soul the whole way in, and that was just fine with me.Not even an old foot track. SWEET. Get to my spot and the water is a little high,but fishable, and it was my fav colour. I started the first 1/2 hour drifting the new beads that I had. I was hoping they were going to produce,but I think the water was a little to fast for them. Not sure. :dunno:

So it was time to go to roe. BINGO. Fish on. Not big but still fun none the less. Quick pic and released. Dozen more drifts and fish on. Another small silver. I seem to only get small silvers for some reason.LOL Once again,quick pic and released. My fav mesh colour is chartruce,but I tied a few bags with red mesh. So hook one on,make a drift and smash. It,s a good fish. Saddly,it was a short lived fight. :wallbash: Still not use to big fish on the pin. I seem to forget the rod will do the work,but Im afraid Im going to break it.

After a few more drifts,I get a hookset and spit. LOL I didnt have alot of time to fish today so I started my walk back. On my way,I see a promising hole and give it a try for 15 minutes. I was rewarded with another small silver.

So for 3.5 hours,I went 3 for 5. Not bad in my books,and got out. I,ll be back at it friday morning. I have the whole day. :clapping:

Here are some pics of the three I was able to land. CLONES. LOL

steel004.jpg

steel001.jpg

This one could of choked to death on that sac.LOL

steel005.jpg

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Misfish

Nice shooting Bryan....the fish looks fresh

Thanks buddy. They sure were spunky. Talk to you soon about that trip out your way. :good:

You had better luck than I today, thanks for sharing.

You got out.That,s the main thing.

Wonderful post Byan, I loved the read. So cool how you can have the morning and then be back with fish+pictures up by noon. =D

Ya, it,s nice to have many spots just minutes away. If it,s blown,I can go else where quick.

Nicely done!! Some beautiful chromers as a reward for a long trek in miserable conditions

Thanks Frankie

Nice job Brian, good looking fish.

Thanks,was nice to get out.

That's awesome B. It sure is looking to be better than my day here at work I'll tell ya tha

Hey J. If I didnt book a few days off,I would of blown up. I need to take time for me,and this is just what the doctor ordered.

great to see you getting out

Thanks my friend. You should come for a walk someday. Never know,ya just might like it. ;)

Fresh chromers

Ya,like you didnt know Bill. LMAO

If your free the next 4 days,give a shout bud.

That is a wonderful specimen Brian.I am so happy you let us see it.Please be careful out there.

It,s like riding a bike Paul. TY

Your sure having a great winter Brian,need to catch a couple myself

Hey Dave,dont you have something for me? Good reason for a hook up, dont ya think. :good:

Get back to me. :rofl2:

Nice!

Thanks Chris.

That's fantastic Brian me brudder! Great day, great fish and great pics! Cook a nice one up for Miss Betty and you're a happenin' dude!

Thanks me brudder. Tonight were going for asian.As soon as she gets home from work. :clapping:

I would have to borrow equipment from you, but hey when it warms up a bit more I might just take you up on the offer

I have what you need,just say when.

can't believe the huge size of roe bag that one fish has gone after

LOL

And to think,I got to use it after that.BONUS :clapping:

Fresh fish indeed! nice having the option of river or ice, isn't it?

Back when I was heavy into river fishing,I always chose to fish the river when/where possible. I like ice fishing,but it seems my old roots have returned.If the river permits,then that,s where I,m headed. :thumbsup_anim:

Nicely done Brian :thumbsup_anim:

Ironically, I've become the opposite. Since I got into ice fishing, once the lake freezes over, I find myself reaching for the auger and 36" rods VS the 13'6". It's been about a month since I last took a drift though...Maybe this weekend I'll be in your neck of the woods :whistling: