NHL trade deadline/ TML

muskymatt

I dont' understand how the rangers can be so stacked with players and still have room for Nash, while the leafs have a couple high priced players, but mostly mid-range nobodys and they don't/can't get an elite player on their lineup. Are they afraid to spend money???

It depends on who Columbus asks for and if they are willing to give them up.The Rangers said no to Del Zotto and the Leafs no to Gardiner.Sounds like columbus drew a line in the sand so its a wait until the summer and see for Nash.

Fans have been screaming for years for the brass to stop giving up young players and draft picks for quick fixes.Well that is exactly what he is doing and yet some want to go back to the old ways??? Nash would be awesome but not at the cost of two young guys and picks.Why sacrifice youth to maybe and I repeat maybe scrape into the playoffs? I say sit in 9th or 10th and do some tinkering in the summer.

Fans have been screaming for years for the brass to stop giving up young players and draft picks for quick fixes.Well that is exactly what he is doing and yet some want to go back to the old ways??? Nash would be awesome but not at the cost of two young guys and picks.Why sacrifice youth to maybe and I repeat maybe scrape into the playoffs? I say sit in 9th or 10th and do some tinkering in the summer.

I don't think Nash gets us into the playoffs. I think the leafs need a goalie. I like the leafs defense, they are so young still, they need a few years to mature. If you defense is weak you need a strong goalie(aka Vancouver). If your goalie is weak you need a strong defense(aka Detroit)... The leafs are building both from youth. This year from the beginning I said they leafs would miss unless reimer pans out. So far he hasn't(I would blame this mostly on alaire and the injury). I am happy the leafs have a competitive team and CAN compete with any team on any given night. (aside from Boston).

I would have liked to see a deal for a vet goalie but I guess we got what we got.

Sounds like nothing is going on. lol its so funny, now they have stopped analyzing trades that didn't happen and are analogizing why there were no trades and they all wasted there time.

No kidding! They need to get rid of some of those guys on the sports shows. They look kind of silly today after nothing really transpired. Those stations must have money to throw away. Oh ya, one is owned by Rogers.

I don't think Nash gets us into the playoffs. I think the leafs need a goalie. I like the leafs defense, they are so young still, they need a few years to mature. If you defense is weak you need a strong goalie(aka Vancouver). If your goalie is weak you need a strong defense(aka Detroit)... The leafs are building both from youth. This year from the beginning I said they leafs would miss unless reimer pans out. So far he hasn't(I would blame this mostly on alaire and the injury). I am happy the leafs have a competitive team and CAN compete with any team on any given night. (aside from Boston).

I would have liked to see a deal for a vet goalie but I guess we got what we got.

I still think Reimer can pull it together unless of course he is gun shy from his injury or there are lingering problems.I also believe their defense in the A will be much better than they have now on the big club.One of their glaring problems is Phaneuf,he is unmotivated.He does however have a larger than life attitude and that is why he was given the C .If anything the Leafs would benefit the most by adding a Dustin Brown and Steve Ott and ship out Armstrong.Then go looking for an upgrade on D and get rid of Phaneuf and Komi .Pipe dreams of course but hey why not.

I also belive Burke did good today..He didnt drain the depth we have and he added a 1st rounder. Im glad he didnt blow out the team. I could care less about the playoffs at this point, the rebuild is still in full swing. Stick to the blueprint Burkie..Atta boy. Now the Leafs can breathe a sigh of relief. They can get back to hockey without the drama..Hopefully thats all they need..If not then back to the blurprint july 1st.. It is what it is.

Edited by tb4me

I also belive Burke did good today..He didnt drain the depth we have and he added a 1st rounder. Im glad he didnt blow out the team. I could care less about the playoffs at this point, the rebuild is still in full swing. Stick to the blueprint Burkie..Atta boy. Now the Leafs can breathe a sigh of relief. They can get back to hockey without the drama..Hopefully thats all they need..If not then back to the blurprint july 1st.. It is what it is.

Ya,what's another year or so:angry:

Ya,what's another year or so:angry:

Burke has done lots for the future of the Leafs weather he there or not. He is a smart man. I cant blame him for not clearing house. He is a first class man. He may be fired or die of a massive heart attack or heck he may even still be the GM of the Leafs but he has one heck of a solid future ahead for us and this team... :clapping:

Winning the cup or getting to the finals is good experience.Getting in and playing a round is just a couple more games in the season. At this point all these guys have played in the big game somewhere along the lines.Many have played in championships so another four playoff games wont teach them much.

Definitely playoff experience, even a bad one, can be beneficial. I'm just not interested in giving up futures for squeaking in at this stage.

I'm with you on this..Leafers relax were only 3 points out! That's nothing. Burke thinks they can do it and so do I! Now that the boys can relax and forget the trades they can get back to their game! Burke knows what he is doing..I just think a couple of Sens fans are doing a good job at getting us down..I cant wait till its our turn.Again.

Edited by tb4me

I'm with you on this..Leafers relax were only 3 points out! That's nothing. Burke thinks they can do it and so do I! Now that the boys can relax and forget the trades they can get back to their game! Burke knows what he is doing..I just think a couple of Sens fans are doing a good job at getting us down..I cant wait till its our turn.Again.

It would be nice to face the Sens in the first round and watch them choke again. :whistling:

I love it when that happens. :lol:

Too bad it has been so long. <_<

He shouldn't have traded aulie. He should have moved gunnarsson if anyone currently playing. I like gunnarsson, but he would have gotten a good return. Phaneuf or liles would be the best to move. He should have sent grabovski and or macarthur too.

BUT, ashton carter is a good young kid. I'm soi so so happy he kept schenn. And for everyone who's crying for burkes head on a stake, trading for the sake of trading, isn't smart hockey and selling the farm for a player who MIGHT help ur team get in the playoffs. However, waiting till the off season, he could pick up nash or whoever, for half the cost now. They have a good young team, that will get better. They have a good young goalie, who will get better. Once the team starts using their speed, and hitting again, and get back to basics defense and just learn to cover their own end, they will be a good team. They have a ton of young talent.