Wanted

trevy727

Hey everyone. I've been looking into boats and have decided that I definately want a Lund. I don't know exactly what model yet but it has to fit in my garage. I'm thinking 17'-18' with a fold away tongue. Also thinking 115Hp. I want a new boat but maybe 2010 model to cut down on cost. I want a full windshield so that i can fish in the colder, rainy conditions with more comfort than I'm used to. I've been looking everywhere and haven't seen a lot in the price range I'm looking for ($20,000-$25,000).

Does anyone know where I can find what I'm looking for?

I'm going to go to the spring fishing show next weekend to look again at any boats that will be there.

Thanks for any help.

I think its a bit more then your price range but my reco would be the Lund Impact. I picked up a 1875 Impact (also comes in 17 and 16 foot models) with a 115 and it is spectacular. The option jump seat\casting platform is a must. Fantastic fishing platform. Got mine from Hastings Marine (they are always at the shows) Second boat I bought from them and they always treate you great.

not trying to sway your decision but I went out this fall with a muskie guide that had a new LUND. Top of the line, it was a slick boat but he said he's had nothing but trouble with it and LUND wasn't really standing behind their work. just something you might want to research a bit before throwing down some serious coin. The older ones are still solid but a lot of the parts in newer ones are very lost cost

good luck!

Yeah, that PRO V is real sweet but it's $10,000 more than I'm willing to spend. I would like a new 2010 model but I can't seem to find any. Does anyone know a dealer/ marina that has new older models? Any where in southern Ontario is fine.

Thanks

the aforementioned hastings marine usually has inventory of new-non currents, might be worth a call at least. i second the good to deal with comment. i bought my new non-current motor from them.

Edited by Raf

Thanks guys, I will check out Hastings marine for sure. I'm really excited about this purchase. I've been fishing from a 14' open boat for the last 2 years, a 12' before that for 3 years and a canoe before that for 15 years. I'm ready to treat myself and the wife.

I have a 1900 Prov Lund (love it), I get why you want a quality rig, like you said, you've kinda paid your dues. That said, there are other brands of aluminum boats that are also great quality, and if you were to consider a couple others you may have more luck finding a deal and get more boat for your dollar. I'm really impressed with Alumacraft for instance. If you're interested at all in Crestliner there is a dealer in WNYS, Silver Lake Marine, that is selling a Raptor with walk thru, a demo with 10 hours of operation, at $35K, I know, more than you want to spend but it might be worth making an offer. Good luck hope you find what you want.

Edited by doubleheader

What are the dimensions of your garage and your garage door?

The big Lund's with the IPS2 hull are too wide to fit into a standard 8' wide door and if you're getting the full windshield most standard garage doors do not have the height clearance. I settled for a smaller Lund, a 2008 1675 explorer ss, and with the swing tongue I only have a few inches to spare in a 20' garage. I could put it on an angle and fit a slightly bigger boat, but I like it sitting straight, easier in and out.

Just something to think about.

Rae

I agree with Rae. My 17.5 Lund Tyee/115 Yammy is too wide to fit thru my 8ft garage doors. depth is OK with the swing away tongue.

She's 4yrs old. Gets about 100+ hrs/yr. So far no problems. Solid on the water for sure. Fairly heavy to tow. Should probably have

got a 130 hp for hole shot with more than 2 people on board. Max speed 40 mph. I like the deep V and high

bow in the water. Almost got dumped on Lake O in my old 16 ft Monark years ago. Almost took a big wave over the bow in that low bowed boat.

If you'll fish big water, Lund is tough to beat. Paid a chunk for the package. An extra $1K to put on the Yammy. People tell me that was a good move.

I figure buy the best/safest boat out there. My life and the my family is worth it. I skimp elsewhere. (hate restaurants :)

peter

I got a new 1775 impact last year with a 115, paid under 25000 and got lot of options put on. Could've went used, but figured i wanted to upgrade to a ranger in a few years anyways. Didnt have time to search stateside, work full time and school. Also didnt buy a truck to tow it till 2 weeks before it was ready :o I got it at Bay City, great dealer.

Didnt fit in the garage though. Gotta build it out a foot lol

I think your best bet would be used in the states, youll get a lot more boat for your money. Im not sure if the pricing on the impact went up this year, youd have to price it out at a dealership

Edited by danbob

ive had a pro-v 1900 for a few years now with a yammy on the back...solid boat....the only draw back is the hieght for getting it into the garage...i think you should look at the 1850 tyee...sweet layout ..if i ever upgrade ill go with that one....but definatley look states side!!!

youll save a good buck

good luck with your search

I was interested in a Lund Renegade 16 foot sport model with walk thru windshield. A good serviceable boat that I could see. But because this boat is 'bare bones' (no dealer profit for added stuff) no one in Ontario will keep them in stock. None at boat show either. Down to the good ole USA I guess although might have to travel to Maine. What the heck...good lobster rolls around there.

• 1 month later...
Guest nuker

i shopped between crestliner and lund. dont' get stuck on the lund (if it's not too late!). i almost got the pro-v but ended up with an amazing deal on a raptor.

both great boats.