I have changed his name to 'Beast'

limeyangler

You think he's a beast now, just wait till he's 90lbs of energy at 7 yrs old. They never grow out of the puppy phase if you ask me. Mine will run all day if I let him. Give him a ball, and someone to throw it, and he's good for all day, no problem.

Its funny, I have a chocolate, and also a cat that looks identical to yours. In my case though, the cat runs the house. The dog could care less until the door opens to go outside......I think then he laughs at the cat!! She stays inside.

S.

OMG.....the Beast looks like Tundra's twin brother......

Here's Tundra at 4 months....she will be 7 months (if she lives that long...see wife) next week....this is my first Lab and I learned they never stop going and going and going...never stop chewing and chewing and chewing EVERYTHING....and she never wants to stop eating and eating and eating... :wallbash:

DuckHuntingwithWill10-27-11008.jpg

And yes, that's a real Mallard I shot earlier that morning. She will retrieve ANYTHING for me...

Edited by Billy Bob

Thanks for the AWESOME replies guys and gals. I left the page up and my wife read through them...she was laughing and 'awwwwing' as she read and at the end she says something like "wow, those guys are really nice on your fishing thing".

Thanks folks....appreciated as always.

I also have a 12 week old chocolate lab. Boy do they ever grow fast! We named him Moose when we got him at 7 weeks.

That's kinda cool. We got our Lab because one of my cats passed away....wait for it....my cat was called...Moose! (my 2 year old renamed him that out of thin air....he was called Oscar)

I'm jealous. I admit it.

I wish that was my beast. Cats are OK but if I had a decent yard I've get one just like that.

LOL...dont be too jealous FW.....if you did get one you would have to re-plan your ice hut build and increase its size by at least 125% to accommodate a 'Beast". I love my cats too, and getting used to a dog...despite how lovely and friendly he is has if i'm honest been and continues to be a challenge...DAILY.....lol.

Hey Simon, looks like he's growing quicly. Can't say I didn't warn you. How's his tounge doing? Betcha he won't be liking cold axes for awhile :rofl2::rofl2:

He healed remarkably quickly thank goodness! And yeah...your warning was not a hoax....lol

You think he's a beast now, just wait till he's 90lbs of energy at 7 yrs old. They never grow out of the puppy phase if you ask me. Mine will run all day if I let him. Give him a ball, and someone to throw it, and he's good for all day, no problem.

Its funny, I have a chocolate, and also a cat that looks identical to yours. In my case though, the cat runs the house. The dog could care less until the door opens to go outside......I think then he laughs at the cat!! She stays inside.

S.

OH GOD...what have we done....lol...thanks for the warning of the impending Apocalypse! We have been encouraging our cats to take a round out of him every time he starts...Bert....the black and white cat we have...the bigger one is so awesome....he 'hits' roloff hard but does not use his claws....the small female ginger cat we have does not...Roloff stays way clear of her.....lol.

Great looking dog. Ihave a olde english rottie cross. I personaly cant stand the smaller breeds

I am with you....the only small breeds i like are Staffordshire Bull terriers and Scotties.

OMG.....the Beast looks like Tundra's twin brother......

Here's Tundra at 4 months....she will be 7 months (if she lives that long...see wife) next week....this is my first Lab and I learned they never stop going and going and going...never stop chewing and chewing and chewing EVERYTHING....and she never wants to stop eating and eating and eating... :wallbash:

DuckHuntingwithWill10-27-11008.jpg

And yes, that's a real Mallard I shot earlier that morning. She will retrieve ANYTHING for me...

Thats so cool BB...they are twins. Its too friggin cold here at the moment so we dont stay outside for long...lol...his poor willy was almost frostbit that day in the pics.....he thawed the iceicles off on his blanket....'OUCH'....he's gonna love summer here though....i just noticed the damned dog has WEBBED TOES! talk about a good thing to live on a lake for this dog!

Roloff is looking good Simon, and I know what you mean by changing their name. When Ralphie gets going, I call him Taz, as in Tazmanian Devil :lol:

I was hoping you might chime in with a pic or two of Ralphie so as we can check his progress....ooops ....i mean Taz :rofl2:

Or old neighbours had one like Ralphie...iI cant remember it's name...but I called her 'Donut' cuz as soon as she saw us she would freak out barking spinning in circles (doing Donuts).

Once again...cool replies.

Thanks

Simon

Simon......not only webbed toes but Labs have a Otter Tail for steering while swimming in the water.....at 7 months Tundra is 56 lbs already....I got a female because they are suppose to top off at 65 lbs....but now I'm starting to wonder.... :w00t:....Labs were bred in Newfoundland by fishermen to jump off the boat and retrieve the net bouys for them....they are STRONG dogs as I'm sure you finding out....and SMART as a whip...and yes she was named after my truck....because I wanted a big, strong and dependable dog.... :thumbsup_anim:

Here's a couple Simon, as per your request :D

He's 11.7 lbs as of yesterday at the vet. Started off at 3 lbs when I got him.

This one is of Ralphie with my son Alan at Christmas.

6585549213_1fc19aa961_b.jpg

A few more...

6585622841_3712d6f8e8_b.jpg

6528819217_c114199788_b.jpg

Here's a couple Simon, as per your request :D

He's 11.7 lbs as of yesterday at the vet. Started off at 3 lbs when I got him.

This one is of Ralphie with my son Alan at Christmas.

6585549213_1fc19aa961_b.jpg

A few more...

6585622841_3712d6f8e8_b.jpg

6528819217_c114199788_b.jpg

That's awesome Joey....thanks. He's a cute pup for sure.

My wife says he looks very rabbit like in the last pic.

Rabbit like, don't let Paul hear you say that :whistling::lol:

Ya, sometimes he does look like one, especially with the ears and tail. That will change tho. Do you watch Modern Family. Their dog is a French Bulldog. They really thicken out.