Spring walleye jigs

Roy

I started making some of these recently. These are 1.5 ounce buck tail jigs....a standard tie with a few dark vertical lines in the buck tail using an indelible marker. Add a trailer of some kind to them for the short biters and I'm in business. You have to go much smaller in the summer but in the spring and fall, these are great here. Fifty or sixty and I'm good for the season.

springfalljigs.jpg

Yes Paul but also in the spring and fall, there are a few spots that hold very good sized fish and these jigs with a trailer do the job. More than half the fish fall to the trailer. You can buy them almost anywhere in those sizes (up to 6 ounces or so actually) but I kinda like whiling away the cold season messing with them.

Great looking buck tails Roy. 1.5 oz is fairly heavy, those must be some good sized walleye your catching with them.

And, I thought all markers were inedible... Oh wait I think I read that wrong

Youd be surprised...

I only run 1oz jigs or bigger due to current...

I get fish of all sizes... They hit and don't let go...

Really nice baits Roy

Thanks Lew, means a lot coming from you.

Yeah Bob it's a good pastime because almost anyone can make them. You don't need a lot of space and you can pick it up or leave it without having to setup tools or anything. I don't sell them though.

Sure, I have no problem with that. How about this?

Latitude/Longitude: Degrees, Minutes, Seconds: 46° 3' 40" N 73° 4' 14" W Decimal Degrees: 46.061° N 73.071° W UTM Coordinates: 18T 649228 5102652 Topographic Map Sheet Number: 031I03