Got on the ice today!

limeyangler

Hi all,

Managed to get on the ice for an hour and a half today. 6" of good ice.

Got a limit of walleye!

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wPTCN3dfI8I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG_5349.jpg

IMG_5351.jpg

IMG_5355.jpg

Fish were in 19' FOW, pink jig was the hot one, jigs tipped with a good size dace minnow. Bite lasted about half an hour just before sunset.

Now Simon I knew you'd be among the first to post eyes ice fishing report ...and you didn't mislead me :clapping:

But I've noticed one problem my friend - you seem not to have a good photograph out there...should I come by and help taking photo shots for you and the eyes :thumbsup_anim: ha ha ha

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Thanks for the replies folks...hopefully i'll be getting out at least once a week from now till ice out!

:clapping::worthy:

So not fair :wallbash:

A skim of ice on the ponds down here :clapping:

Before ya know it you'll be out there Dawg...its coming!

Jealous. Wish I was on the ice

It did feel good to get out...have not wet a line for weeks now...it was killing me!

Green with envy! Keep the reports coming!

Will do amigo...i'm gonna go out to a different lake tomorrow...its about ten minutes up the road from the one in this post...its much deeper so maybe no ice and a return to where i went today.

Nice Simon...Way to go!

Thanks tb4me.

Very nice. Thats the way. Seems like it's going to be late opener down south of you.

Yeah...-40 celcius sucks...but it has it's advantages too.

winterized the boat today now I'm ready for the ice to show up! Some nice fish you got there

I winterized my boat a good 2 weeks before i needed to....but i dont regret it...its a pain trying to do in the snow with a frozen hose pipe!

I'm on my way up tomorrow Limey! lol

Seriously man...do it! Rick, if we dont get out before Xmas, give it another 5 weeks and we'll do Vickers for Lakers if ya like. :thumbsup_anim:

Now Simon I knew you'd be among the first to post eyes ice fishing report ...and you didn't mislead me :clapping:

But I've noticed one problem my friend - you seem not to have a good photograph out there...should I come by and help taking photo shots for you and the eyes :thumbsup_anim: ha ha ha

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Awesome IF.....i have a feeling i would be the one taking pictures of your fish though!

global warning my azz......is it really that time of year again ....

nice shootin Simon enjoy the feed

Thanks man.....its been over a month since i ate fish...looking forward to lunch.

Simon I try...I mean I REALLY try not to hate you this time of year...but it's so hard :whistling:

Congrats on your bounty and safe ice :thumbsup_anim: I sure wish it was me :thumbsup_anim:

You like me really :angel:

Edited by limeyangler

I knew sooner or later I'd see an icy Limey report B) Man I so can't wait to get walking on the hard stuff... Square tails will be the first specie targeted this season... only opens on December 20th, it's coming real soon :canadian::Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for sharing Simon!!!

Jacques

I knew sooner or later I'd see an icy Limey report B) Man I so can't wait to get walking on the hard stuff... Square tails will be the first specie targeted this season... only opens on December 20th, it's coming real soon :canadian::Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for sharing Simon!!!

Jacques

Thanks Jacques, only 2 weeks to go for some of those specks...go get 'em!

Nice job Simon. Good way to start off the season.

Thanks man...i was totally prepared to be happy with just finding safe ice! To get a limit to was awesome.

I drove by a small pond with a good 1 inch of slushy and fractured ice.... we're almost there rolleyes.gif

Getting your limit on your first attempt is amazing! Great start to the season.

Not long now then RC....not long. The fish tatsed awesome...its been a month at least since my last fry up!

Gasp! Sputter! So jealous!!!! Can't believe how mild it is down here....nice to see you haven't lost the touch...beauty eyes! :D

Soon enough JB...soon enough.

THIS WEATHER SUCKS...JUST VENTING

Thats what i said too....2 weeks ago the lake froze...then almost completely melted again.

Spent Sunday fishing without a jacket on...pushing 14 degrees. Thanks for showing us how it's done! :thumbsup_anim:

I'm pretty sure it wont be long before you and JB will be doing the JAYZUZ.

Nice fish. Other than that...

Your weird Bruce....lol.

Okay, that's just plain mean Simon :wallbash::wallbash:

Congrats bud, glad you can get out as early as you do :thumbsup_anim:

i hate me too....lol.