company christmas party

jedimaster

Maybe its time to look for a new jobwhistling.gif

Christmas parties are sposed to help employees get to know one another, and for the bosses to get to know the employees better too.Its a time for management to give a little something back to the workers, to say thanks !!!clapping.gif

I take my guys out for the best steaks money can buy, and each gets a 500 tax free bonus, every year. No complaints so far.

BINGO

FREE Food and Adult Beverages....if you can't have a good time there, then you might be the thud of the party.... :whistling:

Edited by Billy Bob

Be thankful if you get anything at all from your employer.....Mine has no party, no bonuses and they don't let too many off during the holiday season.. We get a nice little letter telling us if we call in sick in the two weeks before Jan 2, we can expect disiplinary action that is more severe than the usual....which means a days suspension for each day taken off, sometimes even when you have a doctors note...if you're scheduled in on Christmas, too bad....some years they might let us trade shifts with someone who is off if they feel like being nice. But only if you can find someone who wants to work it...

Be thankful if you get anything at all from your employer.....Mine has no party, no bonuses and they don't let too many off during the holiday season.. We get a nice little letter telling us if we call in sick in the two weeks before Jan 2, we can expect disiplinary action that is more severe than the usual....which means a days suspension for each day taken off, sometimes even when you have a doctors note...if you're scheduled in on Christmas, too bad....some years they might let us trade shifts with someone who is off if they feel like being nice. But only if you can find someone who wants to work it...

Sounds like a great place to work. :blink::blink::blink:

Welcome to big business.......did 30 years on the Railroad....never seen a bonus...worked MANY holidays, worked a lot YEARS of afternoons (3pm-11pm) with Tues/Wed off...but made some nice money along the way that provided for my family. No one forces us to work anywhere. We do it by choice. But the last 7-8 years the General Foreman did provide cold cuts for lunch at Christmas time... :):santa:

What Pic's said is true, he knows me, and after 38 years in the same place you think your part of the operation. I never scratched a day. I took one Christmas off and I got suspended. I grieved it, it went to arbitration. I never new how it played out because I retired.

The only Christmas party's we had was when our work Buddy's did one on our own, and I worked with a great bunch of guys, that was my reward. :good:

My previous employer was quite large and had a big party for all the plants plus each plant had there own. I always enjoyed going with some of my friends from work plus our significant others it was a nice meal and it was fun to people watch some of the drunkards on the dance floor after dinner for a bit.

I now work at the university we have a festive lunch, christmas lunch would be offensive :sarcasm:

Anyways its not bad another good meal its not on my time but works so thats a bonus.

After reading some of these comments, some of you guys worked for horrible companies.

they load $45 000 of parent company losses on our heads at the beginning of each fiscal year and expect us to make it up, plus profit ...then they give us a $50 christmas meal limit, including spouses, no bonuses. Nice eh? On the plus side they pay us well and my work atmosphere is similar to being self employed. No complaints here.

Some employers are indeed cheap and cruel.

After reading some of these comments, some of you guys worked for horrible companies.

Yeah I had a similar thought but then thought to myself can't really judge the place on the christmas party.

I don't get a lot of perks at my job, no real bonuses or expensed lunches and my salary is below market but I get some pretty sweet benefits that many would really be grateful to have such as ample vacation.

My company has a big one for all departments but it's usually a family thing with tons of kids, and not having any, never been.

Theres always a smaller departmental party I always go to. Most managers are pretty cool to talk to outside work and everyone else gets along like peas in a pod. They have gone from nice dinners in fancy pubs to lesser venues but it's still fun to go.

Haven't had bonuses for a few years but like others, the vacation makes up for it.

Oh, don't worry...we made the RR pay and pay dearly.... :whistling:

Short true story....

We had this guy "Ray" that to this day I believe he wasn't all there...he talked real slow and thought real slow...but anyways.....CSX took ConRail over in a hostile take over with Norfolk and Southern....where we worked it was split to CSX...well CSX finally had a meeting with our department a few months after the the take over was final....they sent down their personal managers from Jacksonville, Florida....the top guy from CSX got up and addressed the gang and said "I know you guys get snow down here" that's when good old Ray got up and said nice and slow.... "We don't call it snow down here, we call it "OT Flakes" and then pointed at the top CSX guy and said..."When there falling YOU'RE PAYING"...the guy was stunned to say the least...but Ray was right.... :whistling::clapping:

Winter on the railroad was MONEY TIME....plain and simple.