Fall Muskie Wrap-Up Report

trapshooter

Hey Gang, thought I better check in now that the fall fishing is officially over here in NW Ontario. The small lakes are froze over and the big lakes have a layer of ice on the bays. Won't be long now until ice fishing is in full swing. :thumbsup_anim:

I spent much of my free time this fall feeding my muskie fishing addiction. Overall it was great fishing and I seemed to have luck on my side, or at least a couple lucky lures.

I mixed in more casting this fall then I have in the past and was rewarded with several fish. The bulldog was hot for me, putting several in the Beckman net, including this 49"er.

IMG_0623.JPG

The cool thing about this fish was that it came on the first spot of the morning, maybe 10 casts in.

As the water cooled through the 50's and into the 40's trolling took centre stage for getting muskies in the boat.

DSC_8676.JPG

I rigged my boat out with the Salty Down-East rod holders on Bert's Custom Tackle mount/track system. These are the most solid rod holders on the market today and IMO are the only way to go when trolling for muskie. And that Thorne Bro's custom trolling rod was just straight up good luck for me!!

Here's a few trolling fish from this season - all caught on the same 10" jake!

DSC_0453.JPG

This next fish temporarily replaced my old PB, stretching the tape to 52.5"

IMG_0669.JPG

IMG_0664.JPG

IMG_0683.JPG

I also had the pleasure of fishing with Tim Allard who was up doing a photo shoot for Ontario OUT OF DOORS magazine. Here's a little teaser, but you'll have to wait for next fall to see more pics in the magazine

_OTT7485.jpg

Thanks again Tim, I had a great time with you in the boat.

Some more muskies....

PA281114.JPG

DSC_8759.JPG

PA281110.JPG

This next fish capped off my season and set a new PB. 53" of pure Lac Seul awesomeness!!!

PB041116.JPG

It was the only fish of the day, on the very last spot. Just goes to show you "it ain't over till it's over".

Edited by BenBeattie

That last pic is just super! Looks like a solid season there for you...as usual. :) And you're dead on with the S-10s, there's nothing on the market as good as they are. I'll shoot you a PM today. Thanks for sharing.

Guest chase4chrome

DUDE--you rocked the muskies. Have never ventured out for musky, nor caught any needless to say. If you have any info or suggestions I'm all ears.

Congrats on some exquisite hogs!!