Fishing superstitions or rituals....

ccmtcanada

NO

Bananas...

Used to be a joke until... One time halfway through a tuff day my buddy pulls a banana out of his lunch box... I jokingly give him heck... Banana peel hits the water... Couple minutes later...musky

Another time in a friends boat... One of the guys had a banana...tossed the peel when he was done... Reeled in the musky Ross at the end of the troll... The banana peel managed to get hooked on the banana eaters lure...

Crazy...

I have one superstition... NO TERAPOOPA'S on Quinte!

It has been confirmed and documented many times, that a "Terapoopa" in the boat, on Quinte will morf into a stripped critter in no time!

HH

Just because fish aren't caught with you there, doesn't mean I'm the problem. Caught fish just fine with Lloyd last year...LOL. I tend to blame the guide I'm out with if nothing is caught :whistling:

And there are no naked critters ever...striped maybe... :whistling::w00t:

when we're fishing anywhere around the Delaware area we HAVE to stop for chester chicken in the convenience store...it's a must stop, under no circumstances is chester's chicken passed on

I also found a chester's chicken in BC, near Lytton, whenever I shore fish for sturgeon in the area we have to stop there, my BC fishin buddies don't really get it but the one time we didn't get the chicken we didn't get the sturgeon...pretty simple math there....we don't skip the chester's anymore

When in a tournament I never fill the livewell until the first fish is caught.

I had a favourite hat that blew off on Lake Ontario, it was rough and not safe to turn to get it.

I am working in a new one.

Edited by Harrison

100% correct Roy... I wouldn't have said it had I felt it would be taken the wrong way!

HH

No chance at that HH. All good here :thumbsup_anim:

Oh...and to add one more...I never eat fish the day before a trip. You never know if the fish you are catching can "smell" fish death on your breath and stay away...LOL.

I have one superstition... NO TERAPOOPA'S on Quinte!

It has been confirmed and documented many times, that a "Terapoopa" in the boat, on Quinte will morf into a stripped critter in no time!

HH

Yes, this is true. I hope the curse can be broken next weekend. He better not bring any banana's on board. Boated fish every trip this year to Quinte, we'll wait and see what happens at the G2G. :whistling:

I've got a couple of "lucky hats" so I'm not too upset it one goes missing. Not really to superstitious but Lloyd is right about paying the fish gods on the big water...forgot to do that last weekend and Joe caught the fish. :wallbash: Must have been my guiding and driving skills that help that to happen as well as no Terapoopa in the boat. :D