Which Freshwater Species Of Fish Would You Like To Target Next?

wuchikubo

I was just wondering if others out there plan to target other freshwater species that they have never caught before?

Top five?

:Gonefishing:

Maybe someone could help me with some pointers so I can hook up with the following species: (no particular order for me) :worthy:

1: Ling (thinking simcoe)

2: Brookies (sadly I have not had a real chance to target them)

3: Sturgeon (just for the sight of having one on the line)

4: Greyling (beautiful fish in the pictures)

5: Muskie (how could I have forgotten this monster!) :worthy:

I want to target all of those fish but dont have any ideas mabe when iam older and have more time dam school. those are the fish i want to go after

1. Lake Trout mabe in a river if i get lucky

2. Salmon would like to go downrigging for them

3.Brookies

4.Brown trout mabe in a river

5.Sturgeon

jordan

Luckily sturgeon, sockeye, chinooks, pinks, cohos, bows, dolly varden, cutthroat, sailfish, marlin, mahi mahi, wahoo, roosterfish, grouper, yellowfin, bonitos, permit, jacks, mackerel, needlefish, lake trout and maybe even a brown trout all are possible in the coming year. The usual pike and eyes are a good bet as well.

What I really want is a brookie over 5 lbs and an arctic char. Wouldn't say no to a first muskie though.

All I've caught have been Walleye and some very small panfish since I started again this past August.

I'd like to catch the following next year....

Salmon

Trout

Maybe try my hat at bass fishing as well.

I've got lots to learn first though!!

Edited by ccmtcanada

i want to get a real big sturgeon,i fish the ottawa river alot and have caught 1 sturgeon it was about 25lbs,i got her while fishing for walleye i was using a homemade lindy rig,fishing in the rapidsshe put up a real good fight with being in the fast water and all,i released her ,and got a few pics...so i want to target them ,they get real big in the ottawa river so in 07 when the season opens i will try for a big one,as well im going to try for a real big channel cat,they have caught them up to 35lbs in the river as well,will target them too,we normally will catch a dozen or so every year but they seem to always be the same size,between 5-10lbs so it would be nice to get a 20 or so...... :Gonefishing::Gonefishing::D

ive hardly evercaught any brookies - one wild, & few from a stocked pond

- never caught a splake - would like to get some through the ice sometime, but will require some travell

- never caught a sauger - not sure where in Ont to look for them

- Skamania (summer run great lakes rainbow) - ive herd they fight like hell!

- atlantic salmon - i may have caught one before in Lake O, but most likely was a brown ( didnt take a photo)

- arctic char one day (fingers crossed)

- a sturgeon would be neat