Princecraft Holiday DLX WS

solopaddler

This specific Princecraft is the one I've been looking for with no luck. I'm trying to find a good used boat but they're not out there.

It's a smaller boat, 16' and change with a max horsepower of 60.

Full windshield with an accompanying cover to protect from the elements is a must.

Seeing as how I can't find exactly what I want, can you guys offer up any suggestions that are similar?

Here's a link to the boat I want:

http://www.princecraft.com/aluminum-boat/products/Fishing-Boats/2011/DLX-Series/Holiday-DLX-WS/specifications.aspx

Thanks guys.

This specific Princecraft is the one I've been looking for with no luck. I'm trying to find a good used boat but they're not out there.

It's a smaller boat, 16' and change with a max horsepower of 60.

Full windshield with an accompanying cover to protect from the elements is a must.

Seeing as how I can't find exactly what I want, can you guys offer up any suggestions that are similar?

Here's a link to the boat I want:

http://www.princecra...ifications.aspx

Thanks guys.

http://www.groupethomasmarine.com/boat/used/PRINCECRAFT/2011-PRINCECRAFT-Holiday+DLX+WS-4d04ac85404638d3017bc0ac3f63ed3d.htm

Do you really need the full windshield?

Yes

At 16ft that won't give you much room with the dual or even single. Might want to look at the tillers. Nice boat you are after though I think space would be tight.

If it was strictly for me a tiller would be a no brainer.

There are 2 DLX WS's on kijiji right now. One in QC and one here in Ontario. Good luck with the search!

Not at the price I want to pay. Already saw them. :)

what is your primary way that you are going to be using the boat,muskie,bass,or a boat you can take the kids,out in...it helps cause it can help to narrow things down a bit ...

Well as mentioned in my original post I'm now hoping to expand my search to boats that are as similiar as possible to the Holiday DLX WS.

My needs are a moot point, but okay. :D

I want a smaller aluminum bowrider type boat, max horse of 60. Full windshield with the ability to add a cover for nasty weather.

Main uses will be to transport fragile womenfolk to my water access camp in QC and occasionally trailer it over to Nipigon to fish and camp.

I don't need a humongous beast of a boat. Small, light, easy to tow, good on gas and protection from the elements. Those are my needs.

Thanks for the responses guys.

What about the crest liner fish hawk? I think that is the model. Buddy of mine has it with a 60 etec.

The only model that has a full windshield is the 1850 and it's just too big.

Found this add on boattrader.com, Pittsburgh, PA. area. 2003, 17 ft. Lowe with a 90 hp Yamaha:

My link

That is a GREAT deal especially if the boat has as few hours on it as they say.

It's just a bit too big for me.

Ah, this would explain the selling off of your river stuff. :whistling:

No not really. :)

My dad approached me about buying a boat.

He wants me to sell my Lund tiller and put the money towards something like this that he wants. He'll pay the balance.

Now that my dad is semi retired he's spending a lot more time up at the camp than I am and my mother doesn't like getting wet LOL!

It's a great deal for me, so no complaints.

I should have mentioned earlier, the boat can't be longer than 16.5' or it won't fit in my covered slip up there.

Simply put...Princecraft cannot be beat. Lund will match and sometimes offer more, but a Princecraft is a well built and proven performer in each and every class of boat it manufactures.

Getting the Holiday DLX with a windshield and second hand will be a tough challenge. Most people who own a Princecraft are often reluctant to sell as is. Considering the model you seek seems even rarer then most, your quest may prove very tough indeed.

Try calling Keswick Marine. They may be able to help you out. They are a Princecraft dealer and John and Mark have always proven very helpful to me when needed.

Ab

This ones at Hastings Marine Mike and looks like exactly what your after although it's slightly more HP than you want, but not by much.

I just spoke to the salesman and he said it came in on a trade this week and is very nice.

Call Rob in Sales.

http://www.hastingsmarine.com/showcaseproductdetail.htm?ID=232587&Used=1

Simply put...Princecraft cannot be beat. Lund will match and sometimes offer more, but a Princecraft is a well built and proven performer in each and every class of boat it manufactures.

Getting the Holiday DLX with a windshield and second hand will be a tough challenge. Most people who own a Princecraft are often reluctant to sell as is. Considering the model you seek seems even rarer then most, your quest may prove very tough indeed.

Try calling Keswick Marine. They may be able to help you out. They are a Princecraft dealer and John and Mark have always proven very helpful to me when needed.

Ab

I tend to agree about the Princecrafts.

It is kind of a rare animal, the model I'm looking at. Was hoping someone might know of a similar alternative. I've looked but with no luck.

This ones at Hastings Marine Mike and looks like exactly what your after although it's slightly more HP than you want, but not by much.

I just spoke to the salesman and he said it came in on a trade this week and is very nice.

Call Rob in Sales.

http://www.hastingsmarine.com/showcaseproductdetail.htm?ID=232587&Used=1

Thanks Lew.

I like dealing with those guys, that's where I bought my Yamaha tiller a couple years ago.

My dad approached me about buying a boat. He wants me to sell my Lund tiller and put the money towards something like this that he wants. He'll pay the balance.

This has win written all over it clapping.gif

As Terry suggested, perhaps Legend would work as well. I've been eyeing the 16' full consoles but need a fatter wallet. Good luck in your search and don't forget pics when you take delivery !

I would think a legend 16 would just about fit the bill

http://legendboats.com/en/view/boat/2011_16_xtreme

2011_16_Xtreme_o2.jpg

Not a fan of Legends but maybe if the price was right.

Thanks

Mike, check out the Sylvan 1600 DC.

That's what I'm talkin' about. Perfect!

hmmmm. Where would he find one of those Bill :whistling:

Mike, I`ll send you s few pics of mine along with some input.

Even more perfect! Sell me yours!!!!!!!!!!

It's just going to rot in your driveway now anyway. :whistling:

As a new owner of a Legend 16 Prosport, yes I'm a fan.. I do know it's not the "best" boat out there when compared to a Lund or Princecraft, but it is on par with makes such as Smokercraft ( same factory) Lowe, etc.. One feature that sold me was

the 0.100" hull, which no one comes close to.

If I were in the market for a full

windshield boat I would consider the

Legend Xcalibur With the folding rear

seats which become a casting deck,

definatly a nice feature that not many

( if any) other boats have.

http://legendboats.com/en/view/boat/2011_16_xcalibur

Edited by GYPSY400

Are you willing to go to the states for the boat?

Check out alumacraft. I haven't driven one, but have heard good things about them.

More options in the states. Your post typifies many used boat searches in Ontario - not enough inventory and priced wayyyy too high.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2009-Alumacraft-Dominator-165-99155977

Edited by Dutch

As a new owner of a Legend 16 Prosport, yes I'm a fan.. I do know it's not the "best" boat out there when compared to a Lund or Princecraft, but it is on par with makes such as Smokercraft ( same factory) Lowe, etc.. One feature that sold me was

the 0.100" hull, which no one comes close to.

If I were in the market for a full

windshield boat I would consider the

Legend Xcalibur With the folding rear

seats which become a casting deck,

definatly a nice feature that not many

( if any) other boats have.

http://legendboats.com/en/view/boat/2011_16_xcalibur

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.

Are you willing to go to the states for the boat?

Check out alumacraft. I haven't driven one, but have heard good things about them.

More options in the states. Your post typifies many used boat searches in Ontario - not enough inventory and priced wayyyy too high.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2009-Alumacraft-Dominator-165-99155977

Thanks Dutch. And yeah we're looking at boats in the States for sure.

And yeah... if you're thinking the Nip, the tiller is the way to go... forget the old ladies and think fish man!

A tiller is unfortunately not in the cards. Not sure if I'd want one for Nipigon anyway. It would be nice to have a boat with a cover for long runs or nasty weather.

Anyhow, fishing Nipigon isn't the primary function. Pretty hard to justify a purchase for something that would be used maybe every couple of seasons for a week.

With your mom involve,You should look at glass.Women feel more comfortable in boats that have more contour to them.

Then a fishing boat with it's hard and cold look.

I hear you, but I can't stand glass boats LOL!

Thanks for all the input boys, you've been a huge help!