Swamp People

mercman

Sorry bud not my cup of tea there is so much trash on TV these days it has me wanting to watch less and less, this week I have watched about one hour!

The bachelor,bachelette,bachelor pad :wallbash::wallbash: dancing with the stars,toddlers and tiera`s,real house wifes,kardasians etc.etc. I mean come on.

For the life of me I can not see why any halfway inteligent person would sit down and watch any of it!

My wife spends 6-7 hours a day watch this mindless tripe :wallbash::wallbash:

Sorry bud not my cup of tea there is so much trash on TV these days it has me wanting to watch less and less, this week I have watched about one hour!

The bachelor,bachelette,bachelor pad wallbash.gifwallbash.gif dancing with the stars,toddlers and tiera`s,real house wifes,kardasians etc.etc. I mean come on.

For the life of me I can not see why any halfway inteligent person would sit down and watch any of it!

My wife spends 6-7 hours a day watch this mindless tripe wallbash.gifwallbash.gif

I banned those channels from my TV years ago.I watch WFN, History,Discovery, NatGeo, OLN, and That other Channel with the Bunny Rabbits on it.oops.gif Oh ya, and the CBC for Coronation Street.smile.gif

Actually, Swamp People is a pretty good show. Yeah there's lots of 'drama and near misses', but for reality shows, it does get into the cultural roots/way of life that gator hunters have and that this is the only life they know. Having been down there just after Katrina, I'm amazed that people continue to live and work in an area that may very well get hammered again. I thought it would be pure drivel but it's a better watch than Deadliest Catch imo.

When it first aired I was surprised. Folks there may be hospitable, but tend to keep their affairs quiet. Honest, upfront, hard working folk. A lot like the folks down east that work the lobster lines.

Network must have sprung a lot of coin to get the boys to open up and show the way of life they've always known.

Honest, upfront, hard working folk. A lot like the folks down east that work the lobster lines.

It's no surprise as these people are the descendants of Acadian men (Cajuns) mostly from Nova Scotia, deported toward Louisiana in 1755.

A couple of weeks back i watched a marathon of swamp people with new people ( 2 old guys with beards and 2 native guys with an air boat that looked like they had money) I think it was on history but cant remember. I watched most of season one and dont remember these guys. Maybe they played the marathon and now are going to start showing them 1 at a time ?

• 2 weeks later...