What's your favorite fishing moment?

Hey

Wondering what some of your favorite fishing memories are... Whether it was a day filled with fish or special moments...

For me... A couple come to mind...

My wife's big musky... We were live bait fishing and she got a bite... So I told her to feed him line... Then I asked if she wanted me to set the hook for her... NO!!!! She said... I wanna do it myself... She set and the battle was on... I could tell it was big... Then she got it boatside and her face

went a bit pale... It was 48 inches at least... Then it decided to fight and marissa ended up hunched over the side of the boat saying "I can't do it... I can't do it...". So I asked if she wanted me to take the rod..."No... ITS MY FISH" she yelled back... At this point I'm laughing at her behavior... Then we finally landed the beast.... We both had big smiles... Then I told her a lot of people never get a Muskie

that big... She was proud of her fish and so was I...

These are the types of days that I

remember...

How about you?

Wow...too hard to limit to just one. Three that pop into my head quickly.

My first Skamania rainbow trout in 97...still my biggest ever bow at 17 lbs. Seeing that thing fly out of the water as high as it did was amazing.

Watching Juli catch her first 20 + lb King on Lloyd's boat last summer. Ask him, Vinnimon or Spincast about that one! We were laughing watching that show, not too mention her comments during the battle!!

My musky while wading moment at Restoule last summer. Seeing that big toothy creature coming straight for my bare legs, than turning to nail my buzzbait got my heart pumping like you wouldn't believe!!!

Could list a dozen others, but, those three popped into my head quickly.

For me hands down - This guy smile.gif

Honorable mention to my first walleye (under the 401 bridge in the raisin on a perch pattern original floater when I was 12), and my first musky (off the crab on a worm harness)

207508_10150557284940341_752055340_18393695_5837169_n.jpg

Edited by Jigs

A few highlights,

Last year catching my first Musky, a skinny 43 incher

Yesterday catching my first Steelhead, ad hooking into my first Salmon

Fishing in Lake superior provincial park a few weeks ago

Last year landing a 40 inch plus Pike at the Toronto Islands

A few years ago experiencing consecutive days of amazing Smallmouth action at Lake Memphremagog in Quebec

5 Years ago My uncle taking my brother and I into the backcountry of Nova Scotia chasing Brookies

15 years ago my uncle doing the same with just me

10 years ago my Dad taking me on a fishing trip for Walleye and Pike as a graduation present to the near north in Quebec

As a 5 year old catching a dozen perch one day at our cottage on Hamilton Island

But the highlight is this:

My grandfather taught me how to fish as a young boy. My mom is from Nova Scotia, and she used to pack up my brother and I for a month to head home each summer. When I got there my grandfather would always take me fishing. Unfortunately my grandfather passed away on a fishing trip when I was about 5. After that I never had anyone to really take me fishing while in Nova Scotia. I used to got to the wharf at the end of the cape and once caught a whole mess of smelt. My Uncle would take the to stocked fish and pay ponds every now and then, but no one would really take my.

One day when I was about 16 my great uncle came up from New Brunswick to visit for a few days. He and my grandfather were best friends, and great fishing buddies. He was on the fishing trip with my grandfather when my granpy drowned. The boat had flipped, and of course none of them were wearing life jackets. My uncle looked back to see if my granpy was ok, and seeing that he was swimming with a paddle started swimming to shore. When he looked back again my granpy was gone. One of the reasons my great uncle came up was to take me fishing.

He showed me all the old fishing holes that he and my granpy used to go to. All the streams, and the roads they took to get to them. He showed my how to fish for them. He was getting on in age, and had to use a walking stick to get around, so walking all those streams with me must have been very hard for him, but he stuck with it. I couldn't help but feel that he thought it was his duty to show me these fishing spots, as my granpy was not around to do it.

I think I will always keep this as my top fishing memory of all time. For me this is what fishing is all about. Taking the time to go out with people and teaching were to go and what to do in order to be successful. For me this was almost a religious experience.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for starting the topic Musky Mike.

Absolutely, hands down, this trip

http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=55604

My fisrt Muskie with you Mike, was the most incredible fishing experience i have had, fishing.Now, all i want to do, and all i think about, is doing it againclapping.gifclapping.gif

Thanks

Paul

Thnks Paul... Anytime somebody gets their first musky with me is special...

My wife and I had been out trolling for pickeral in the evening and when we got back to the house trailer she just left her bait ... Mepps spinner with a rubber minnow ... on the rod and leaned it in the corner.

I went out musky fishing very early the next morning and left the wife asleep. She got up about 6:00 AM and thought it would be nice if she could go down to the dock and catch a pickeral for us for breakfast. She still had the Mepps clipped on and on her very 2nd cast she hooked into her 1st ever musky, a very nice 43 incher :thumbsup_anim:

She'd never caught a big fish before but remembered what I'd taught her about adjusting the drag and fighting the fish. She did a great job of getting it into the beach but then was afraid to take the hooks out with it jumping around. She had to leave it on the ground while she ran to the neighbors trailer and woke him up to come and help her.

Unfortunately it died before they could release it and she felt terrible :(

Good thing though is we had a friend who was a taxidermist over in Havelock and he mounted it for her and she still has it and still to this day tells the story to anyone who'll listen to her :lol:

I was a couple miles away when it happened but to this day it's still my favorite fishing moment :thumbsup_anim:

As kids, my Dad took my brother and I to a pier for some perch fishing. Well the perch were few and far between but the bass were jumping on are lines all day long and keeping us entertained. :thumbsup_anim: We were asking Dad if we could keep some for dinner and he told us no as they were not in season and had to be released. When we got home, he got out the regs (trying to instill some wisdom I guess) and read to us that bass season had opened that very day. We always have read the regs since then.

First 10 pound + eye caught with Headhunter.

First musky over 20 pounds.

Biggest bass - just shy of 6 pounds

Biggest pike at 43.5 inches.

Arctic Grayling fishing in the NWT.

So many to have just one but will end with this one.

Last Sunday we were going through Dad's stuff. When it came time to decided what to do with his tackle, both my brother and I figured we had enough and picked out something small. The rest of his tackle which included a bunch of rods and reels, rod stand, several tackle trays and tackle bag, bags of plastics, ice fishing gear including a manual auger (used maybe once or twice as we always used my gas auger when we went out), and sleigh as well as a portable fish finder - we gave it all to Dad's step grandson. He was hoping for a couple of things and he could not believe his ears. Just like a kid on Christmas morning going through all the stuff, stripping old line of the reels and grinning ear to ear the whole time. A sight that I will never forget and one that Dad would have loved to have seen, something tells me he did. ;)

Mine has to be fishing with Paul and Terry on Lake Simcoe New Years Day 2008, fishing for Perch with 4 lb test line and catching this surprise. Was a great fight and getting her through the hole was a whole different game!!!

2155020355_3c981abf6e_b.jpg

Some great memories from everyone!

Last week was easily the best fishing week of my life, can't wait to write a full report for you guys.

Here's a couple of short vid's of my 4 year old son Brendan having the time of his life:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-D7fA8vrCb0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Nzk0ImDIK0Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

my most memorable fishing experience was the first time I took my daughter fishing with me.

I had no idea if she would like it or if she would get bored so I took her to a good spot for carp.

We went to Walmart and bought one of those $15.00 reel and rod combo's for her and headed out.

Got to the spot.... not there 5 minutes and she hooks in to a MONSTER carp !

She had a wrist brace on her hand and was fighting this fish like the trooper she is. I stuck real close to her as she only weighed 45-50 lbs then and that fish was pulling her like she was wasn't even there.

Then she yelled at me to take the rod because it was hurting her wrist and she didn;t want to lose it. Yeah no pressure chanelle.... a five foot rod and not even sure how much line or what lb test was on the real.

About 10 minutes later we got it in...

She couldn't even lift it....

Turns out it was about 30lbs.... the following picture doesn't do the fish justice ( it's gurth was double what you see there).... but her smile says it all..... Her FIRST FISH !

Chanellesmonstercatch.jpg

Great topic.

Some great memories from everyone!

Last week was easily the best fishing week of my life, can't wait to write a full report for you guys.

Here's a couple of short vid's of my 4 year old son Brendan having the time of his life:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-D7fA8vrCb0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Nzk0ImDIK0Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It appears as though I should have fished there instead of the Kowkash

Coming from you, Mike, that is a report worth waiting for. Looking forward to seeing it! When it all comes together nothing beats fishing with family!

Fishgreg... u have a pretty cool great uncle there... i was near tears in that story... thank yo ufor sharing it with us

:clapping:

Thanks. It was a real special memory. I going to have a chance to take my niece fishing for the first time in a few weeks at my father in laws. Hopefully it'll be a memorable day for her.