What's your favorite fishing moment?

Ahhh, I just thought of a great fishing moment!

I went to go ice fishing with my uncle, stepdad, and one of my brothers. He was just a little kid at the time, and hyper (ADHD or something). Anyhow, we had no luck on a lake so we went to a trout farm. My brother caught one, and got super excited and was jumping up and down. I was video-taping this, by the way. My stepdad goes, "be careful! you're going to step in one of the holes!" and my brother is backing up yelling, "I got a fish! I got a fish!" when, bloop! Leg right into one of the holes. We did laugh. He did cry. Good times.

I have plenty of great memories of fishing but by far the memories that stand out the most and make me realize why I love fishing as much as I do is because of my grandfather. I remember going to the cottage in Port Dover and we would get up at 5 and go get worms and then out in the boat we would go to get lots of perch. Always stayed with me and I am glad it did.

Could you post that video?

I'll have to ask my mom if she still has it.. This was many years ago. I do recall talk of sending it into America's Funniest Home Videos, but I don't think it ever got sent. It was pretty funny, except for the fact that right as his leg was fully submerged I hit stop - I wasn't expecting it and was already in motion to stop recording. I hit record again as soon as I could, so it kinda cut from leg down the hole, to him bawling his eyes out. If she has it still, I have a capture card and a VCR, so I could get it onto YouTube. :) I'll email her and find out.

When I was a young lad and school was out for the summer, I was sent to the farm to help out my grampa and his sister (him in his seventies and her in her eighties)...

The odd weekend my grampa and I headed up to Cesarea to stay at my uncle's cottage and I caught my first big bass...

The part I remember the best is when we got back to the farm and showing the fish to my great-aunt..."Oh" she said "did your grandfather catch that?"...

I touched her arm (she was hard of hearing and used a "trumpet" to hear better) to get her to look at me and I shook my head and pointed to my chest and mouthed "ME"

"Oh My!" she exclaimed and her eyes lit up bright as can be...

Ain't memories great ?...I just relived that moment...

Edited by Beans

My favorite moment came when a friend of mine was fishing with me for walleyes up north, He hooked into what he thought was a huge walleye which ended up being a 14 inch FAT perch. He grabbed the fish and showed it to me and said "look at the size of this perch, its HUGE!" I agreed and he turned the fish towards him belly facing and the perch proceeded to milk him in the face the mouth and down his shirt. He screamed and at this point I was on the floor of my boat holding my stomach from :rofl2: laughing so hard. He then asks me if there is any "stuff" left on his face or around his mouth!!! :rofl2: Has to be the funniest moment of my life while fishing. :clapping:

Edited by Squid

My favorite moment came when a friend of mine was fishing with me for walleyes up north, He hooked into what he thought was a huge walleye which ended up being a 14 inch FAT perch. He grabbed the fish and showed it to me and said "look at the size of this perch, its HUGE!" I agreed and he turned the fish towards him belly facing and the perch proceeded to milk him in the face the mouth and down his shirt. He screamed and at this point I was on the floor of my boat holding my stomach from :rofl2: laughing so hard. He then asks me if there is any "stuff" left on his face or around his mouth!!! :rofl2: Has to be the funniest moment of my life while fishing. :clapping:

Now that is hilarious!!! :rofl2:

This summer fishing with my two older brothers at Lake St. Clair for small mouths. First time we've ever fished together and we slayed em. Would have been great without all of the fish, but was even better because of them all.

#2 is a buddy and I go fishing once a year in Canada, at a different place. Fishing might been up and down, but it is always the best week of year for me. Next week we are going to Lake Beteau and we can't wait.

It's hard to pinpoit it even down to a couple, but firsts for just aboot anything are typically the most memorable :)

1. My first ever fishing trip, reeling in big ol barn animals in the dead of winter out off the warm water discharge

2. The first 'no parents' fishing trip' was spent in Algonquin catching smallmouth hand over fist

3. 15 lb brown caught on 6' ultralight caught in the dead of winter

...are the first that pop into the mind, but too many honorable mentions, and I'm sure most agree that their favourites could change at any given time.

Hey

Wondering what some of your favorite fishing memories are... Whether it was a day filled with fish or special moments...

For me... A couple come to mind...

My wife's big musky... We were live bait fishing and she got a bite... So I told her to feed him line... Then I asked if she wanted me to set the hook for her... NO!!!! She said... I wanna do it myself... She set and the battle was on... I could tell it was big... Then she got it boatside and her face

went a bit pale... It was 48 inches at least... Then it decided to fight and marissa ended up hunched over the side of the boat saying "I can't do it... I can't do it...". So I asked if she wanted me to take the rod..."No... ITS MY FISH" she yelled back... At this point I'm laughing at her behavior... Then we finally landed the beast.... We both had big smiles... Then I told her a lot of people never get a Muskie

that big... She was proud of her fish and so was I...

These are the types of days that I

remember...

How about you?

A few years ago on Georgian Bay, we had one of those dream days. We caught 14 walleye one morning and 11 of them were over the 22 in. slot limit. My 2 sons and my father in law all caught 10 lb walleyes, and I landed a few in the 7-8 lb range. Our honey hole produced all week and we were the only ones fishing it.....shhhh...don't tell anyone!

The best has to be when my Youngest son of 2+ was on a canoe trip with about 30 others he sat in the middle of the canoe on a Portable seat that hung on the gunnels & his older brother of 4 yrs old was in the front on his own fishing, we just arrived at the mouth of the Teeswater river running into the Saugeen River & were rounding the bend when my rod goes of Trolling a Spinnerbait paddling slowly heard the splash setthe hook fish on thinking thats a nice bass but not see it yet 2 more jumps heard still behind me then I'm reeling like crazy & this 30+ inch Musky comes out of the water over 20' now I,m very load holloring like crazy because when you have about 20 kids on a run that don't have parents that fish much theydon't fish hard but if I got yelling they would fish their butts off because they figured there were lots of fish there & by now we have people in canoes around us & a audeince on shore, as I get ready to land the Musky it jumps & lands in the canoe between Joe's legs & I holler watch your nuts as he just freaks, I have to grab his life jacket by the shoulders try to get out of the & fall in with evybody watching I laughed my butt off as well as everybody else but Joe, grab the Musky unhook it hold it over my Head holloring while everybody laughed & cheered, joe was very nervice about fishing every time I set the hook after that we still laugh about that every time we pass the spot in Paisley

SBK

PS: there are tons more butt that's one of the best Joe went on to make it onto Ontario Junior BASS team for 2 years & fished Delaware & Virginia Events & My Daughter made the Team Twice fishing Couchiching & Conneticut Events very proud of them Ontario won in Delaware Gonefishing.gifthumbsup_anim.gifclapping.gifstretcher.gif

I think I have too much time on my hands can someonecome & take me Fishing LOL