What Nerve!!!! (NF)

Joey

As some of you may know, we are moving at the end of the month.

We have been here at our present place for seven years and have continually

complained about the racoon problem, which fell on deaf ears.

So,

The landlord calls me today and wanted to know if I could give her the key to the

garage because they really need to address the racoon problem!!!!!!

I wonder how many different ways there are to say NO.

GAWD, the nerve of some people.

Soooo, should I give them the key :rolleyes:

Joey

no way.....now that is low....

with 24 hrs notice he can gain access to your home with or without you there or without your permission

but it has to be in writing......so put the sot off as long as you can

Heck NO, don't give them the key, they want to take care of the problem now for some future tenants but they wouldn't help you when you asked ? they showed you no respect so don't give them any back. Unless your a saint, then tell them "well you wouldn't help us when we asked, but we are not asses like you so we'll let you fix the problem." and then if they have any conscience they will feel bad and apologize, lol... :lol:

Well it is their son that will be moving in so I guess that's why its so important now. Although I think my health and peace of mind was just as important, so I'm just not going to answer my phone if they call.

I'm still galled.

Joey

Catch one of your racoon "roommates" and strap the key to its neck. Then leave the "roomie" in the garage when you move out. Better yet, gather up as many raccoons as you can and put them in the garage and invite your landlord over. When he gets there, lead him to the garage and allow him to be the first through the door. Watch the hilarity reach unprecedented levels :clapping: . Otherwise, no. Don't give him the key.

You admittedly have a problem and even though they have done nothing before they, upon notification and same confirmed in writing can enter in 24 hours to fix the problem. If an emergency ( fire, sewer back up, broken pipe etc. ) they have the right to enter without notice and should always have a key to allow the fire dept, police, plumber, tradesman etc. access to fix the problem as it's their obligation to you as a tenant. So since your perturbed at them avoidance is your best bet, but don't be surprised if the eventually enter and it most likely would hold up in civil court since they have a health issue going here.

For what it's worth our tenants never seem to care about us going in when there is a problem....except the one with all the nice plants!

Edited by Garyv

Whatever you decide to do....I hope it brings you immense satisfaction! Been several suggestions as to what to do with the key and where to put the key.....wouldn't it be grand if you could place that key right up....well you know! :o

good luck!

bly

Give her the key and tell her she owes 500.00 in change for clearing up that racoon problem. Tell her you had an exterminator come in. And that "not to worry, I took care of it." Then just before you move let the little garbage pickers have free run of the house.... Entice the racoons with some treats right on in to the house. ... Either that add a skunk to the basement so the racoons have a buddy!

:lol: You guys are killing me here. These are some sweet revenge ideas. I love it!!

Thanks everyone. I haven't quite decided what to do yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll just ignore their calls for now, somewhat along the lines of how they ignored my pleas for ridding this place of the coons ;)

Joey

Painful as it is Joey ... lifes a lot simpler when you be nice :) ... too bad every body else doesnt always get that ... but regardless .... YOUR life is normally gonna be better when YOU be nice .... that and as Clampet pointed out (quite correctly) you might wanna give some thought to whether you will (ever) need them as a reference .... if so a little honey goes way farther than the vinegar ... even if you need to wash it off after use :)

If I was you Joey I would put it off as long as I could. Then I would give up the key when I couldnt put it off anymore. Be careful about baiting them into the house or garage. If they do more damage and they can prove its your fault it may cause way more hassels for you after you move, and you will end up dealing with these people far longer than you have to.

Of course if there are other problems you could always have an inspector come in before you move....

Well it is their son that will be moving in so I guess that's why its so important now. Although I think my health and peace of mind was just as important, so I'm just not going to answer my phone if they call.

Holy crap,they must all be scum lords,(not you Terry) :P

The place we just moved out of,they ripped the whole place apart. I asked for a few things to be done and the same,on deaf ears. Guess whos moving in,yep thier daughter and three GC.

Dont give them nada J.

Guest Trophymuskie

I would accumulate some racoon droppings untill the day I leave and then I would carefully place some in almost every room in the house. That way they will be spending the big $$$ to get an exterminator in to take care of the problem.

And I think you can buy skunk juice. ;)

Joey, you don't have a raccoon problem, you have a landlord problem. I would simply call her back and explain that you had taken her advice and that there isn't a raccoon problem anymore but if she would like to split the cost with you, $325.00 should cover it. You probably won't hear from her again.

However, there is some truth to the old saying "try not to burn any bridges behind you"!

Edited by Big Cliff