I finally bought a house!

Headhunter

Well, after three months of lookin and one failed offer, my wife and I bought a new to us house last night! I will finally be out of down town Toronto (the Hood) and into my own personal piece of heaven!

I'll be moving at the end of June, (weekend after Lakair... I'm still coming! :thumbsup_anim: ) and will be living in the Kingston Road and Lawson Road area.

Some of you may recall I tried to buy a house back in January, but came up short. I learned my lesson well in this very hot Toronto Real Estate market, if you wnat it, you have to go for it!

This one does have a pool and if I recall correctly, I believe I promised Joey and few others that I would have a pool party if I got the house. Guess I'll have to plan for a group of people who can't decide whether to swim or cast their lures across the pool to see how their crank baits are runnin!

Thanks to all for their previous words of encouragement. Now I've got two things to look forward to in June!

HH :clapping:

great to hear that you found one

does the pool have a plastic liner,, if so we might need to that the hooks off our lures while casting in the pool

or cast with magnets for steelhead

or Velcro for bikini tops

and I will not even talk about what to use while casting for suckers

Well I guess I can uncross my fingers and toes now. That's great because it was really starting to hurt. LOL!!! GREAT NEWS HH!!

JUST FANTASTIC!!!!!!! CONGRATS to you and your family!!! :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

It has a pool but will a boat fit in the garage?? Does it even have a garage??? Tony and I are looking for a place to store our boats. :whistling::D

Thanks for all the kind words folks! FishnSled, I hope the feeling comes back to your toes real soon! Terry, you bust me up! :clapping:

The house has a two car garage, with one large single door... oh yah, I've already pictured my truck sitting in the driveway, so my boat (when I get it) will have the garage to call it's own!

I really can't wait to get in there, it will be the first time in 14 years, that I will be able to store my 7ft one piece rod in a real place of it's own... my current house has a 6.6ft basement ceiling and I really couldn't convinve the wife to let me store it in the bed room!

Anyone reccommend a good mover?LOL

HH

That's Awesome Joe. We've been doing our own house hunting and it's not fun. Unfortunately we're going to have to rent again before the final purchase as our present landlord is having his son move into the one we're in now and we have to move my May 1, so that won't be enough time to close the loose ends we have to, so we'll have a year to look now.

I'm definately going to look forward to the pool party :thumbsup_anim:

Congratulations bud. I bet you feel relieved after all the looking.

Joey

Congrats on the new house. That is one of the nicest parts of Toronto. As far as moving goes I just went through it. I was going to hire a pro but his bill would have been about $1500 . I finally rented a 26 foot U HAUL and drove it myself. The final bill was about $400. The trick is having a wife that knows how to pack and the rest was easy. The funny thing was that Lew,s phone was out of order that whole week.

Slowpoke, I spose the diving board could be construed as a "boat launcher"!LOL

EddyK- I found the process pretty stressful, but I know that the house and as you mentioned, the neighbourhood will be worth it! I guess I will stoke Lew off of my list of potential labourers!

Big Cliff, your absolutely right! This house is far superior to the one we "lost" back around a month ago and it doesn't require the 20K in up-grades the other one did!

The real estate market in Toronto is absolutely nuts! The house we bought went on the market on Wednesday of last week. First open house was on Saturday and they were accepting offers on Monday! We were competing with 5 other families! My agent told me it's not unusual for houses in Toronto to have 10 or more offers, with out conditions. My word of advice for anyone looking to buy, go in big, with your absolute best offer and go in knowing that if you put any conditions on the offer, you have a very good chance to lose it!

Again, a big thanks for all the kind words.

HH

My word of advice for anyone looking to buy, go in big, with your absolute best offer and go in knowing that if you put any conditions on the offer, you have a very good chance to lose it!

HH

I agree with you on this point. If you have lots of time and have the luxury of being choosy, then by all means try to get a deal and lowball.

When my wife and I were house hunting 5 years ago, we saw a bunch of houses that we'd have been happy in. We were mulling over putting offers in on a few of them when we saw the house we are in now. We LOVED the house and knew it. I told her that when we saw the right house for us we'd know it....as soon as we walked in and toured, we knew this was the house for us. The price was right and was just listed that same day. By 8pm that night, we put an offer in...the offer was exactly what they asked for and we agreed to all conditions. No other offers came in that day. By 11pm, I was signing the papers.

End result, the owners were ticked at their agent cause we were the first to see the house and we offered what they were asking...they thought they should have asked for more. Their agent had to explain that the price was at market value and that they were actually lucky that someone came in at the offer price so quickly.

Dont risk losing the house you REALLY want over 5 or 10 grand or wanting an extra 5 days closing time. Just my opinion... :)

Congrats again!

Cliff

Edited by ccmtcanada