Goldfish fun

MJL

The last few weeks I’ve been spending some time hunting down giant goldfish. It’s always been one of my most favourite things to do during the summer since I was a kid. Just like with my trout fishing earlier, I also brought along the underwater housing for my camera to take some pics.

IMG_0065a.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0119a.jpg

Also got some pics of a sweet mirror carp

IMG_0078a.jpg

IMG_0086a.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

One writer in the UK who wants to use one of the shots for the cover of his carp fishing book :thumbsup_anim:

Some above-water action

I did a couple trips up to the Kawarthas to a few spots I hadn’t fished for a number of years. Fishing wasn’t like I remembered it but it certainly brought back a lot of memories...I love the scenery up there.

IMG_0302b.jpg

A pretty mirror carp...At least to me

P6055000.jpg

Frozen-fire and I spent one morning with our heavier float rods and centrepins chasing carp in a muddy (and buggy) swamp...Got into double header action and I got to test out my bug jacket

248604_10100441319698862_28102586_61762167_4461744_n.jpg

No more malaria and West-Nile for me :D

bugjacket.jpg

Being the good friend that I am, I conned Frozen-Fire into getting some new carp gear...But before we hit up the tackle shop, we did some fishing on the way to the store.

Landed 1 fish that broke someone else off...Didn’t escape from me though :D

DPP_0003.jpg

2nd mirror carp of the year

DPP_0008.jpg

Biggest carp so far this season

DPP_0010.jpg

Can't wait for my next trip out.

Hope you enjoyed

Those are some nice underwater shots and some of the nicest carp i have seen so far. I started carp fishing again last month and yeah it brings back some memories of years past. Got into a couple and man do they fight well this time of year, esp. when fighting them on 8 lb mono

Thanks for the comments guys. Glad you liked the pics. Just found a cheque in my room I haven't cashed yet...I may spoil myself with even more camera gear :D

Awesome Mike! So which photo does the guy want to use? (a couple are really spectacular).

Not too sure which pic he'll use yet. He said the book will be due for publishing in September. I've got even more pics to choose from though. The last month or so, I've probably taken 8-9,000 pictures.LOL