Here we go again GAS PRICES

I can't believe the reasons they come up with to raise the freaking gas prices... someone in the states sneezes and it might affect the oil supply, it's ridiculous... I am spending about 250-300 a month more in gas then I did at this time last year... How can the crude oil drop 10 dollars a barrel last week and gas prices go down 3 cents, and then yesterday crude oil goes up 5 dollars and then gas shoots up 6.5 cents, some messed up math if you ask me. It boggles the mind how they can get away with this.

Its funny how people will line up for 30 minutes to save $5.00 on their tank of gas and get all stressed out and yet they will line up at Tim Hortons to pay 1.40 for a medium coffee or 1.50 for a bottle of water and not even think twice....the Tim's line ups here are still crazy..doesnt matter what time of day..you can buy a small can of coffee for $6.00 at the store that will makes hundreds of cups...but dont touch the gas prices! lol

sorry just a rant :)

Its funny how people will line up for 30 minutes to save $5.00 on their tank of gas and get all stressed out and yet they will line up at Tim Hortons to pay 1.40 for a medium coffee or 1.50 for a bottle of water and not even think twice....the Tim's line ups here are still crazy..doesnt matter what time of day..you can buy a small can of coffee for $6.00 at the store that will makes hundreds of cups...but dont touch the gas prices! lol

sorry just a rant smile.gif

YECH!!! I wouldn't drink Tims coffee let alone stand in line to buy it!!! wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

The only coffee I drink comes from imported Italian espresso beans (@ $40/kg) that I carefully grind at home and then lovingly pressure brew at 14bar before mixing with perfectly microfoamed 1% milk. tease.giftease.giftease.gif

well coffee is optional ..

fuel isn't in most cases..

and you need to save the 5 bucks to be able to afford the 1.40 cup of coffee

Well said Terry.Wait if gas goes up to $2 a litre people won't stop driving but the extras in life will be cut out.

That weekly trip to the restaurant or the movies etc...... the economy will suffer if the greed continues.

Just came back from Quinte last weekend.Most of the cost of the trip was fuel.

$184 for gas there and back to Montreal to tow my boat and $64 for gas in the boat.

Last year it was $180 for the entire trip boat and Van.$140 for the van and $40 for the boat.

Looking forward to the day we no longer use oil watch the greedy oil companies DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmm.......A couple of pennies here and there, can't see it really making a big difference on a fill up :dunno:

With all due Respect, but. :wallbash: ....LOL LOL LOL...Seriously? Tell ya what ill let you fill my truck just once.....

Started biking to work have not used my vehicle since Thursday and won't unless I need to Big Oil has finally gone to far ( for me anyway) I'll use alternative means of travel while the weather is nice. Of coarse I'll save my gas for fishing trips but looks like I'm going to fish the Grand for Bass a lot more this year.

We get fed so much crap here. In Michigan the price of gas dropped today to = $1 per litre. So much for the flood.

Not true in my area of MI. Gas jumped thirteen cents a gallon. Not sure what that would be a liter. Little fuzzy on my metric system.

sorry just a rant :)

I love these rants that try to show the actual comparison of gas to water or coffee by talking about saving $5.00 and spending a couple of bucks on coffee or water. Not everyone buys their bottle water by the single bottle. Most people buy it by the case and the bottles do not cost $1.50 a bottle. We have a choice how much we want to pay for water or coffee. We have a choice whether we want to pay for one bottle of water or the case. We can use tap water and filters etc. We have a choice whether we want a small, medium, large, or extra large coffee. We have no choice with gas. Fuel is a necessity with no choice available. You are comparing apples and oranges, plain and simple.

I bought 24 bottles of water last night in Yellow Hell(No Frills) at Dufferin Mall for $1.99. Probably less than what it would cost to come out of the tap!

Gas.. it is what it is, buy petrol stocks and recoup your expenses.

Was sitting in Jen's hospital room watching the news tonight and they showed the 3 hour wait line to get into a Costco gas station to save 5 cents/litre. In my truck that equates to a max of $6 if I'm on fumes and the fill's good for 860 km. Life's too short to sit in a gas station line for 3 hours to save $6 !

I hear what everyone is saying but let me paint it from another perspective. I feel for some of the families that have to commute and some that even have to make choices between food and fuel, that is just not right in any way shape or form

There are some on the opposite side that say heck gas can go to 6 a litre, the profits made from energey sector day trades especially of late far out shadow any up cost to gas at the pump.

A friend and I talked this yesterday after a debate with the hot dog dude on Lakeshore by the Credit. Regardless of how much gas costs are of late the profits made from the energy sector buffered any increase for the next decade or so in at the pump costs. To some its a cost of doing business, just like the HST, but when fuel costs 100 more a week but your earning 5 grand a week in profits due to a strong portfolio does it really matter

Many people(HARPER) ordinary people were happy (2)weeks back with the election.

Mr. Harper has been the guy cheer leading these price increases (2cents) per litre

every week this year. We can't afford this government for (4years) not even (4) more

months. The states are paying (85cents) a litre for gas.

You'll have to enlighten me as to how Jack or Iggy would have kept our gas prices down? Carbon tax? Ya, that would work... :wallbash:

Makes no sense....and is worrisome. When gas goes up...so does the price of other essentials such as food.

As for bottled water....just a heads up. Had my tap water tested recently - just so happens I had bottled water in the house and that got tested too. The bottled water was worse than my tap water. The 'expert water technician' let us know that there are only three kinds of bottled water on the market that is 'safe' to drink and worth the money....at the very least better quality than most tap water. They are: Aquafina, Smart Water and Dasani. I was shocked at how miserable the bottled water I had on hand failed and when I was educated on the devastation to the human body that 'bad' water can cause.... i.e. cancers....I went and purchased a Brita - can't put a price on Peace of Mind. Stay away from bottled water!!!!

I hear what everyone is saying but let me paint it from another perspective. I feel for some of the families that have to commute and some that even have to make choices between food and fuel, that is just not right in any way shape or form

There are some on the opposite side that say heck gas can go to 6 a litre, the profits made from energey sector day trades especially of late far out shadow any up cost to gas at the pump.

A friend and I talked this yesterday after a debate with the hot dog dude on Lakeshore by the Credit. Regardless of how much gas costs are of late the profits made from the energy sector buffered any increase for the next decade or so in at the pump costs. To some its a cost of doing business, just like the HST, but when fuel costs 100 more a week but your earning 5 grand a week in profits due to a strong portfolio does it really matter

Umm I'll be the first to admit my mind is slowly going down the gutter but this makes no sense what so ever. Who is making 5 grand more per week? The 30% of canadians that have little to no savings?

Makes no sense....and is worrisome. When gas goes up...so does the price of other essentials such as food.

As for bottled water....just a heads up. Had my tap water tested recently - just so happens I had bottled water in the house and that got tested too. The bottled water was worse than my tap water. The 'expert water technician' let us know that there are only three kinds of bottled water on the market that is 'safe' to drink and worth the money....at the very least better quality than most tap water. They are: Aquafina, Smart Water and Dasani. I was shocked at how miserable the bottled water I had on hand failed and when I was educated on the devastation to the human body that 'bad' water can cause.... i.e. cancers....I went and purchased a Brita - can't put a price on Peace of Mind. Stay away from bottled water!!!!

That is interesting. Those "good" brands are the only ones I can't stand the taste of! LOL Especially Dasani and Aquafina! Wonder what it is, must be mineral content?

I always suspected that the bottled water was not tested or meeting the same standards as tap water is supposed to meet.

Umm I'll be the first to admit my mind is slowly going down the gutter but this makes no sense what so ever. Who is making 5 grand more per week? The 30% of canadians that have little to no savings?

no the 5% of canadians who do Return On investment in the engergy sector has been outstanding and if you break down the markets one of the only points holding up this economy,

no the 5% of canadians who do Return On investment in the engergy sector has been outstanding and if you break down the markets one of the only points holding up this economy,

So if i understand your point of view correctly the 5% of canadians that are making gains due to high oil prices are going to hold up the economy for the 95% of canadians that have to cut back on everything due to high oil prices?

The second leg down of the new "Great Depression" is just around the corner. You heard it here first. Its ok though the richest 5% of canadians will just keep getting richer.

When I retired, a guy asked me what I was going to do, I said...more fishin but the only thing I worry about is the price of gas, he scratched his head. Now after 7 years retired, my pension hasn't changed, wages haven't changed. Why do they make excuses that the cost of living is going up. 7 years ago, gas was about $0.55 a liter and gas company's were making profits. I said this before, the BIG crash is coming. :(, If we stop buying big cars trucks, toys, etc. and don't travel our big country,tourism is going to suffer, resorts close, business etc. The world runs on oil, and when you can't afford to buy it, then something is going to happen. :whistling: Most on here are talking staying closer to home. Others are working more hours to try and stay ahead, both husband and partner are working and struggling. Not good.

Edited by Fish Farmer

Guest LivingLegend

YECH!!! I wouldn't drink Tims coffee let alone stand in line to buy it!!! wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

The only coffee I drink comes from imported Italian espresso beans (@ $40/kg) that I carefully grind at home and then lovingly pressure brew at 14bar before mixing with perfectly microfoamed 1% milk. tease.giftease.giftease.gif

I'll take a large coffee please. Italian style...........thumbsup_anim.gif

So if i understand your point of view correctly the 5% of canadians that are making gains due to high oil prices are going to hold up the economy for the 95% of canadians that have to cut back on everything due to high oil prices?

The second leg down of the new "Great Depression" is just around the corner. You heard it here first. Its ok though the richest 5% of canadians will just keep getting richer.

It was that way 100 years ago and it will be that way 100 years down the road so nothing has changed!!!

Love these gas threads, buy gold!!!