Great when you get sunburned on a "rainy" day !

Got out today, for the GBay opener, with GBFisher and Meegs. We took Andy's boat for a GOOD season opener first run. A good 1hr and a half run it was. GREAT care must be taken this time of year on Georgian Bay... channel markers missing... some snapped off at the water surface by ice or just simply moved thousands of feet out of position. We had a few tense moments with a couple of shoals... but the boat survived the day just fine. Now if Andy didn't know the water like the back of his hand it may have been ugly.

Great run to the fishing grounds in Andy's 2150 Baron. That Yammy runs nice. I could live with one of those if I didn't have my Verado.

pike1.jpg

Meegs watching for rocks as we make the final trek into a long bay, through a shallow area.

pike2.jpg

Once in there the wind was wicked for boat control, but we all managed fish. I only took a picture of one fish each as I was losing too much fishing time taking pictures with double and triple headers in the boat going on. I lost count of how many pike were boated in total, let alone how many hits and lost fish. I've never seen so many pike in one location. A couple OOS species as well, that I won't post...

pike3.jpg

pike4.jpg

pike5.jpg

The trip back to dock was a tad brutel... running against 3 to 5 footers. My backs gonna be a tad tender come morning.. I know that right now, just deciding on which route of pain killer to start with! :whistling:

Thanks for the day out lads... much appreciated and truly needed on my part, probably yours toooo !

I've really gotta thank Andy for pestering me for the last month or more to come out with him and keeping this spot open for me right to the last minute! Thanks Bud ! :good:

Edited by irishfield

A good bunch of Pike. I always feel just a little bit uncomfortable on Georgian Bay.

That's a GOOD thing Dave. Don't ever get comfortable out there!!! I've been boating it for 30 years now and the chart is always in the boat and open to the right page, even with the moving map going.

Guest gbfisher

That's a GOOD thing Dave. Don't ever get comfortable out there!!! I've been boating it for 30 years now and the chart is always in the boat and open to the right page, even with the moving map going.

It was great to have ya out catching fish Wayne. You gotta pick up another one of those spoons that went flying away never to be seen again. :tease: Not like it ever happens to anyone of us :dunno::D Meegs did the same thing with his favorite lure a couple seasons ago.

Being comfortable in the back yard had my INS company paying out 5 g's last spring because of a missing marker and me paying no mind to where I was going.

I was only two minutes from the Marina and made the dumb excuse "One Last Spot before we go home" We missed the rock on the way in by inches. Meegs even said...Hey you just missed a rock. Well, we hit it square on the way out...twice even. :w00t: Bringing a heavy boat to an almost complete stop from plane wasn't fun. It leaves a lasting impression. 35 years out there and I've never hit anything until last year. :blink: The water is still cold and seeing snow out there still on land was a surprise. I may try one more day of casting and then it's trolling time for the entire season. We did get a couple moving slowly back to where we wanted to be with our lures in the water. Should have trolled around that rock all day instead of trying to get that damn anchor to hold in postion. Would have been easier.. :rofl2:

:) Next!

Edited by gbfisher