NON FISHIN

Congrats on the new wheels ...it is amazing what they can do with a 6 , I own a V6 that I have had for 24 years now, never meet a V8 stang I never walked all over with it,I just might have to find one of these 305 hp V6 stangs to see how they go,I miss the days when there were 5.0s everywhere to run against.

Edited by bowslayer

Congrates! Great car the new mustang, always a classic. Why would you need more HP ? In the 70's a boss 302 was rated at around 300 hp and that was considered plenty....mind you '71 boss 302 today in mint wold be more than your '12 and it wouldn't get the 30 mpg yours is rated at.

Enjoy :thumbsup_anim: But watch out for the speed traps

MANY a Mustang came with a straight six when they were first released '64 with the small block 289 cu engine being the main stay V8 for many years.

Did I read the OP first post correctly.....$12,000.00 to upgrade to a V8 engine...there must be a LOT more then a engine up grade for that price.

My friend Nick had '65 Mustang when we were in high school and the one nice thing about the back seat is your girlfriend pretty much had to give you a lap dance back there... :P ...but my '68 Roadrunner had much more room for some serious make in the back seat. :devil:

I really enjoy seeing the old muscle cars from the 60's and 70's come back although not quite the same....those were the days of pure horse power and great style without concern for aerodynamics and mileage being a concern because gas was only .28 to .35 per US gallon... :worthy:

Great purchase,, we have a '10 just a pony package ,, standard ,black ,it had the look i wanted for the mustang i always wanted,i love it when the kids want to race me , it is hard not to drive by one of them and look and laugh at the their muffler and they think they are ready to go.. nothing better than a mustang and ford got it right this time for sure,,, as for the back seat - if your not sitting in it ,dont worry about it,.I was going to get one a few years back but needed a truck first so it got on the back burner until last year , the dealership keeps on phoning for another oil change ,,i brought it in just before christmas at 5000 kms ,, and the dealer says ,most mustangs are very low mileage and are hard to get in for the scheduled oil changes , we still only have 8000 kms on it . Nothing better than shining it up and going for a drive .Lots of power even for our little pony v6 . I just have to ask my wife if i can drive it once in awhile and usually its only when it needs gas ... funny how she will never take my truck to get gas ...

Your stang is 44 years newer then mine. I'll get'er fixed up one day.

Always had the outlook that a true Stang had to be a V8. Curious to see how the V6 runs though(is it aleast dual exhaust?)

I had a chance to drive a 6 cylinder a couple years back and was really amazed at how much power it really had.

My brother owned one of the original '65s back in the day and I used to drive it as much as he did. Not much power from the little 289 but with the rag top down and 3 on the floor it was alot of fun.

Sure would like to have it today !!

12,000 to get to a 5.0 makes sense. Its alot more than just the motor that is upgraded. The GT package is what your getting.

I too like the retro resurgence thats come about in the last few years. Didnt like the thunderbirds though.

Im still waiting for buick to bring back the Grand National turbo 6's. The regal however has totally morphed from what it was in the 85-87 era. However.......there is a turbo motor package in the new ones.