Trout Fishing With The Kids

solopaddler

Being such a gorgeous bluebird day today it was a perfect opportunity to bring the kids to a local trout pond to help hone their skills.

Couldn't have gone any better. I fished a variety of flies under their floats with a small beadhead caddis being by far the most successful.

After working somewhat hard to entice the fish with flies we switched to ye olde garden hackle to put some meat in the cooler.

Still hard to beat a worm. ;)

Please forgive the amateurish videos. :blush:

Still, they do tell a story. :)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DwG_m9Fjppc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7UnuEKodFk8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

April2011FishingWithTheKids002.jpg

April2011FishingWithTheKids001.jpg

April2011FishingWithTheKids004.jpg

My daughter caught fish as well, but refused to touch them LOL!

Great day all around,

Cheers, Mike

I still remember being introduced to fishing at a trout pond. Seems a long time ago now, but definitely started in getting me hooked on fishing. Always good to see the next generation of fishers learning the ropes.

I still remember being introduced to fishing at a trout pond. Seems a long time ago now, but definitely started in getting me hooked on fishing. Always good to see the next generation of fishers learning the ropes.

I know that place! Looks like a great time was had by all. Need something like that closer to me....

I was going to ask when he'd be getting his first pin! ;o)

He's already got a float rod and reel. ;) Still a bit too young to handle it yet though.

Talk about great memories! Way to go!

"somebody help me please!"...that's the way I feel most days too! LOL

Nice looking ponds. I bet the ice is only off for a day or so too?

Yeah it was pretty funny. He was so excited I thought he'd pee his pants. :lol:

Ice has been out for about 3 weeks now I think.

Great stuff, Mike! Love the videos, and, the excitement in the little ones voices!

Little stocked trout ponds are where my mom and dad got me hooked on fishing many years ago...most of those places don't stock anymore, but, at least there are opportunities such as this for today's youngsters :thumbsup_anim: