Family is a "funny" thing.. and appears illness can be a gift.

irishfield

The picture is what family day is supposed to be about... but it would never have happened if Jen wasn't ill (and we bring her home to our place after chemo), Kristal didn't happen to have reading week this week and well we just can't get Daryl to move out! lol

I've seen my older brother more in the last year and a half or so, since my sister and mother died, than I have in the last 20+ years. He's there faithfully every 3rd week a Mount Sinai for Jen's chemo treatments, regardless of his own physio schedule for his recent quint heart bypass, and jumping through hoops to help any way he can.

I guess what i'm getting at is a reminder to everyone to live for today, not tomorrow. Call/text/email your family members and stay close through ALL the years, not just the rough ones. No.. yah yah yah.. pick up the phone!

Now.. does anyone know if there's a late Sunday night LCBO that delivers??? They're drinkin all my booze....

(3 "kids" and their significant others)

family.jpg

Edited by irishfield

I guess what i'm getting at is a reminder to everyone to live for today, not tomorrow. Call/text/email your family members and stay close through ALL the years, not just the rough ones. No.. yah yah yah.. pick up the phone!

No truer words have been spoken.

You put a lump in my throat with that message Wayne.

I was going to go fishing today, fortunately I got called in to work late last night and opted to "sleep in" today. Good thing cause I got a chance to get caught up on "life" with my kids.

Cheers, Ron...

First to Ron sorry about the wake up call :blahblah1:

Wayne this is a great reminder that life is way to short and its kinda funny as my sister and I have been talking more due to dads health. Not that we dont like each other just two different lives.

Nice to see all of your family around the table and also great to see that I can use this photo as my backup when my kids are older and make sure they know the KIDS table is still in effect.

P.S. it can not be that long of a flight over to PQ to get some beers after the kids leave.

Great post Wayne, Today after church I got out to the hut with my wife and 2 boys for a little fishing. My oldest "I'm not much of a fisherman" sat in the hut playing his Nintendo DSi. I told him he can come to the hut or in the boat and play his games any time, as it is about spending time together. I love it when he gets excited about the fish I catch. My little guy who is almost 2 was confined to the hut so as not to kill himself on the glare ice. He was on minnow duty and the perch kept him busy. My wife did a great job holding down the fort. Great family day today and I'll enjoy some more tomorrow.

Wayne, we shouldn't need holiday to bring family together, our family has always been close. With four daughters and three nieces (All married but one ) and grand kids coming very year we are big bunch and. We have had my daughters and their husbands / kids over very Sunday for at least ten years.

Hopefully this will never change.

My mother at least one Sunday a month either with me or my brother's' family. But last Tuesday we got notice that her days are going to be coming to an end. She has been surrounded by family all her life, sad but it has to be.

Hug them very day.