In the hospital

jedimaster

Well I have been in the hospital for 3 days now, my appendix apparently was dead for some time now and it got gangrene. Now I am on a steady iv of antibiotics, morphine, jello and sponge baths.

To anyone that has had this surgery done I feel for yah.. To anyone that hasnt don't ignore stomach pains. Go get it checked out. I thought it was just a stomach bug for a few days until it turned really painful. To the point wherei could barely drive, stand sit or walk. So I got my ass dragged into rhe emerg and within 30 minutes of being seen by a doctor I was out cold with my guts hanging out...

If i caught it earlier I woulda likely been out already. Now I am just praying I can fart. :) 3 days and counting of jello and chicken broth is not sittin well with me.

Have a good one folks and make sure you don't ignore barfing mixed with severe stomach pains.

QOD

"would you like to wash yourself up or shall I have some nurses give you a sponge bath"

ummm is that serious question?

Edited by jedimaster

Sounds really painful. Is the recovery long or will you be ok pretty well once the ABs have done their job? Maybe you can get someone to sneak you in some bacon wrapped pickerel nuggets and maybe even a beer to wash'em down!

yah was lucky it didn't burst, the guy in the bed across from me had his burst, they are cleaning out his wounds hourly. The infection was pretty bad though so i gotta stay on the iv antibiotics for a while i think. i am hoping to get some solid food. I would kill for a nicely breaded fried in butter walleye fillet right about now. I think it takes a few months before ou fully regain your ab strength. Even thought they ony did they puncture three holes thing my abs are pretty sore.

yah was lucky it didn't burst, the guy in the bed across from me had his burst, they are cleaning out his wounds hourly. The infection was pretty bad though so i gotta stay on the iv antibiotics for a while i think. i am hoping to get some solid food. I would kill for a nicely breaded fried in butter walleye fillet right about now. I think it takes a few months before ou fully regain your ab strength. Even thought they ony did they puncture three holes thing my abs are pretty sore.

What hospital and rm# I will swing by with a burger and fries for ya

:thumbsup_anim: get well

Bummer Jed !!!if ya want to have some fun, put apple juice in the specimen cup next time they need a sample. Take it from me, that will get the buz goin at the nurses stationwhistling.gif

Get will soon !!!!

i feel for ya jedi...a few years ago, i was having ridiculous stomach pains but kept putting it off as indigestion...finally one day my parents convinced me to go to emerg. i was admitted immediately as they realized after an ultra sound that my gall bladder was full of stones. spent a week on nothing but IV fluids (no solid food, no water, no nothing) to get the swelling down, then had surgery...they tried the easy little laser surgery, but my gallbladder was so full of stones that it was like a hackey sack and they were scared if they tried to pull it out through the 2 inch hole they made that it would burst...and if that happened i wouldnt be typing this today i guess. now i have a 13 inch scar across my stomach and a great conversation starter with the ladies lol

i hope you feel better, enjoy the the jello, nurses and morphine now, because when you get home you`re going to have a heck of a time moving around.

get well soon!

Edited by ranksda58

Well it's been an interesting two days. I am at home now. Was released on Thursday afternoon. I got put on some oxy's for pain and a couple of antibiotics and sent packing. Thanks to everyone for the chat and the well wishes. I am still in pain but I tell yah the pills they gave me have not gone down well. I started off haluncinating a bit seeing things running around the walls. Then when I tried to sleep I had crazy dreams like out of a stephen king movie. Haven't slept since I was in the hospital. Then yeaterday I went to the doc office and got switched some different meds and I slept last night without issue. Actually my dreams were "happy" dreams all night :) haha sleeping while on the drugs has been an interesting experience.

It's nice to be sleeping again and nice to not be afraid to take the pain meds.

If you get prescribed oxycodone or percocet and have bad dreams it's common and they can switch to something else.

I have only good things to say about the folks at Newmarket hospital. And thanks to everyone that wished me well. With ice fishing in the bag for me I am looking forward to the annual spring brookie trip. :)

Edited by jedimaster