what song are you listening to right now???

Here is one for Remembrance Day, very early Gordon Lightfoot when he performed solo, It was recorded live at a Club in Cleveland in 65 and probably written in 63. Remember this was at a time when all the folk singers were protesting the Vietnam War, but Gord takes a much more realistic view.

http://www.bigomagazine.com/TRKSB1/GLcleve/GLcleve04.mp3

Just finished cleaning a couple of trout me byes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Bless the river, for it has offered a nice dinner.

I hazard to guess how many Yuppies went out and spent mega bucks on top of the line fly fishing gear after that movie and most of it is sitting idle ten years later. I confess to watching the Jeremiah Johnson movie back in the early 70's and ended up with 3 Hawken type muzzleloaders , but I did use them for many years during the controlled deer hunt, probably racked up about 18 deer with them, lot of good memories including my first deer ever with them.

My stuff does not sit idle. Hell, I dont sit idle.LOL

Couple of long time buds of mine were International Federation of Fly Fishers certified casting instructors at that time , They joke about the movie and how much business it brought them. They both are still heavily involved with fly fishing since we all retired from the same place, me, not so much unfortunately.

Sat down last night and broke the seal on a repressed from original metals copy of Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon on 800 gram vinyl

Ive had it sitting a couple years was going to keep it sealed but heck what good is it wrapped up anyway fired up the monster dropped it on the systemdek 7 plate and for the next little while had eargasims

Om very glad i have put a quality sound system back together solely for my vinyl and cd once in awhile nothing compares to sliding an lp from the cover dropping it on the platen little brush and away you go

LONG LIVE VINYL

cheers

Peter

I just listened to this album today. Incredible all the way through! Perhaps my favourite Neil record of all time.

Listened to whole album the day i posted as well. Neil grew up in Cavan/Omemee area so there is a real feel of that mindset.

Maybe you grew up in same area.

As a young ' Shwa teen 35 yrs. ago i could relate to the notions.

Funny,my older sister brought Neil albums from her boyfriend at time.

Her boyfriend was Paul Romanuk who does HNIC telecasts. Lived a few houses away back in the day.

'On the beach' is best but this might be Neil's second best album.